Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please read, and please don't get mad at me:(:(:(...

Originally posted by catland
    She sounds lonely and bored. I don't know how much time you have to play with her, but she definitely sounds like she needs to find a way to get rid of some of her pent-up energy.
    I agree. Boredum.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

too bad

sorry to hear about you having to take cinnamon back, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I definately would go for an older, more mature cat, but watch out! they can get wild and crazy also. i got pitter and patter five years ago when they were about a year and half and in the the first six months they broke a ceramic coffee pot from israel, knocked the christmas tree over about four or five times and broke ornaments on it. and in the last two weeks they broke an antique plate. I chalk all this up to them being cats. i've learned if you don't want it broken put it away or secure it tightly. good luck
    my cats believe they should be addressed as Goddess and Empress, not merely Pitter and Patter.

Have you tried Petfinder.com? Did you look at the link I posted? I searched in your area and found several persian and himalayan purebreds and mixes...
    I can't see the pic of the cat you posted
    But anyways, I think I'll check Petfinder then
    thanks!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I hope you are able to find a cat that is better suited for your home.

I don't necessarily have real proof on this, but it seems like the more stocky kitties are the more mellow ones, compared to the thin ones like siamese or abys or oriental breeds.

My Joxer is just a regular old cat, but he does have kind of a big stocky build and he's a total love-bug, which is quite the contrast to his high-strung mom who looks like she must have some oriental shorthair in her.

Also, I think for the most part that males tend to be more laid back than females. Again, this is just my observations - nothing scientific here.

I'm sure Cinnamon has or will find the right home and somewhere out there is the right cat, just waiting for you to find him or her.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by catland
    IAlso, I think for the most part that males tend to be more laid back than females. Again, this is just my observations - nothing scientific here.
    With my group, the females are much more laid back than my male. He is laid back now but he is over 11 years old but boy oh boy was he a wild one growing up. He didn't begin to calm down till 7-8 years of age. Both my girls, on the other hand, are very sedate and calm.

From Decker with Love

I have always heard that orange males have the sweetest dispositions. Another tip for a laid back cat is to literally lay them back in your arms and see if they will allow you to hold them that way (like a baby) Our sweetest and most gentle cats are the ones who would let us hold them like that. You may get scratched if they DON'T like this though! Please let us know what happens with Cinnamon, OK?

You've gotten alot of great advice here. I'll put my 2 cents in and leave it at that.

Kittens are high energy pets. They are young and spunky. I know because I have a 9 week old kitten in my spare bedroom who thinks I'm her "human playscape". She's going up for adoption on Saturday (I was just fostering her till she was old enough).

There are a couple of options. Keep the kitten and get her a playmate so she won't be bored or ask the shelter to let you switch her with an older cat (a teenager perhaps, one who has already been spayed/neutered and has calmed down). I wouldn't worry about bringing the kitten back because kittens are easily placed (EVERYONE wants a kitten). You can also "kitten-proof" your place till she grows out of that stage, which she will eventually.

OR...you can try and work with her. Keeping her in a small enclosed space in an effort to try and introduce her to your other pets can get a bit tedious. Go into the bathroom and sit on the floor with her. Read, give her treats, pet her, talk to her. She needs human contact, not just being kept in a room till it's okay to let her out.

Let us know what you decide.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have always heard that orange males have the sweetest dispositions. Another tip for a laid back cat is to literally lay them back in your arms and see if they will allow you to hold them that way (like a baby) Our sweetest and most gentle cats are the ones who would let us hold them like that. You may get scratched if they DON'T like this though! Please let us know what happens with Cinnamon, OK?
    We've been doing that with Blueberry since we first got him, lol. He doesn't seem to mind that much though.
    There are a couple of options. Keep the kitten and get her a playmate so she won't be bored or ask the shelter to let you switch her with an older cat (a teenager perhaps, one who has already been spayed/neutered and has calmed down). I wouldn't worry about bringing the kitten back because kittens are easily placed (EVERYONE wants a kitten). You can also "kitten-proof" your place till she grows out of that stage, which she will eventually.
    Yeah, everyone comes for kittens usually. So I'm sure she went to a new home already. We saw this beautiful cat at the shelter, she's about 2 years old. They found her on the street. The lady said that she'll call us back to tell us how she does with other cats. But she hasn't called yet Maybe I'll ask my dad to call her, or maybe we'll go to petsmart again this week
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -