Thread: Hi to you all! and Bye to Rose!

Hi to you all! and Bye to Rose!

Hi everybody, I'm new here, kind of. I was a member of these forums before, however I haven't been on in a while and I forgot both my username and password. Heehee! Anyway, my first kitty, Rose was Cat of the Day before.

Rose

I came back to this forum to inform everybody (if you even remember) of Rose's passing. Rose had both a urinary tract infection and a blocked kidney. Rose would have had to be locked in one room (because of all the other cats we have) to be treated with special litter and special food. I know that she wouldn't have liked to live in one room, for the rest of her life. We took her to the Humane Society in the hopes that she would find a home that didn't have any other cats. Unfortunealy, she wasn't adopted. I'm crying as I type this. She was the best cat. I love her so much. I feel like it was my fault that she died. The people at the Humane Society said that her kidneys were so blocked and the urinary tract infection had spread so far, it was probably for the best. "She was in soo much pain.", they said. I still feel bad. I miss her soooo much. I don't know if I will ever get over her. She was sooo wonderful, and then, because she had some problems, I just tossed her away!? I feel soooo bad. I hope that she has fun at the Rainbow Bridge and that she will forgive me. I'm sorry Rose. So sorry I'll never be able to forgive myself. Never.

What a sad message. Please don't blame yourself for Rose's passing. You did the best you could for her and it sounds like she was just too sick to survive. You loved Rose very much and I'm sure you were a good cat-mom to her and took good care of her. It's always sad to lose a dear kitty friend and what you're feeling is a normal grief reaction. You won't forget Rose and it will get easier.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby, Rose. I do remember her sweet nomination and photo from last year. You were the BEST Mommy you could be to her! It's normal to feel so sad, and my heart aches for you, but I believe Rose is very much at peace now at the Rainbow Bridge with my Tommy boy and all our other loved babies passed on. HUGS to you! I'm so sorry for your loss. Rose will never be forgotten!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your beautiful Rose I too remember her well. What a very sweet and lovely Cat of the Day she was. I know your heart is breaking, but please don't blame yourself. Now she is free from the pain and suffering of her illness, running and scampering about, healthy and whole once more at the Rainbow Bridge. One need only read your touching tribute on COTD to know how very loved and cherished sweet Rose was. And I'm sure she knew that too. My RB kitties are all making her feel most welcome I'm sure. Please take some comfort in knowing that one day in the distant future, you and your beautiful, sweet Rose will be together again, re-united in love. My most heartfelt sympathies to you. Love, Sandra
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 10-25-2003 at 02:39 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

We , the Lost Cats send our condolences on the passing of Rose , your beloved Fur Pal. Although we seem stoic , you are correct in the fact that no Cat likes pain , and Rose is better off , in a way! She can run and play with the other Cats , and eat all she can! And she is waiting for you , her Dear Human friend to join her , when your time has come! RIP , ROSE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I cried again as I read all of your lovely posts. Boy, here come the water works. Thank you all for your lovely replies. It makes me feel a little better, and a little less guilty.