Thread: Tiny kittens...I pray they find good homes

Tiny kittens...I pray they find good homes

I'm not sure if I am over reacting or not, but this is really bothering me, so I figured, I would feel better if I posted this.
    yesteday after work, I stopped by a local pet store, just a little store, not like Petsmart,etc. i have only been there a few times. They have not been there long,the first time I went, my kids were with me and they had several puppies,some exotic birds, fish, and a small selection of pet supplies. I asked one of the workers, if they carried any premium brands of pet food, I mentioned a few kinds, and the guy said "eww no, we only have the good stuff like Science Diet. But I did noticed they carried Evolve, so this is the only reason I stopped back. This time, they had cages with kittens. In one cage there were two, they looked like they were about 10 weeks old or so,they were sleeping. Then there was the CAGE with 6 wee little TINY kittens piled on top of each other as if to stay warm. There was no one in the store, then suddenly out of the back room comes this young girl holding a little kitten all wet, she said she had just given her a flea bath because she was going to be sold. She held the baby in one hand, then proceded to cash me out, with the other hand. The poor kitty was shivering a mewoing like crazy, I noticed she had a gob of litter right at the corner of her eye. I told the girl and she just said, yeah well you know, kittens do that all the time. I reached over, and wiped it out of her eye. I asked the girl how old they were and she said 6 weeks. I seriously doubt it, they looked to me about 4 weeks. They were incredibly tiny. Apparently, the person that was buying the baby, came in, and asked the girl "so, when should I give it another bath for "it's" fleas? The girl said, " I would do it when you get home again. I was so appaled, I have been upset over this since yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking of these babies. I hope they get good homes with very caring people. Im just so upset. The brother of this little girl melted my heart. he was sleeping with his little arms out stretched with his head down,he looked like superman flying.
    The people that work at this place obviously are cluless to what they are doing. I asked the girl what the kittens were eating, and she just "Oh, I don't know,the cats just came in,it's written down here somewhere." I also asked if the kittens had seen the vet,and she said no. People are so stupid!! And they have the nerve to sell these babies for $80! well,the deal is pay $80 for a litter box, crappy litter, plastic dishes, and a litter scoop, get the kitten for free. what about a free kitten to someone who will take the baby to the vet, and give him a good loving home??!?
    (like me!) Well, thanks for letting me vent!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

DISGUSTING!

I can't believe that that sort of thing is legal ... is there some authority you could report that to? Definite case of neglect here

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I (usually) an NOT outspoken. I rarely ever speak up in situations like many of you have described doing so. BUT...........in this case I would most definitely, at the least, have told that person those kittens are too young for flea products, twice in the same day in dangerous, and even the fact that this kitten is wringing wet is jeopardizing its health. I'd try reporting them to the SPCA (but don't fool youself, they will probably not feel it a worthy case).

That is so sad. The pet store I bought Hayley from is a family owned store and the owners are animal lovers for sure. I wish every pet store had animal lovers like this one.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I am VERY outspoken and would've read them the riot act!!

I'd call either animal control or a rescue organization in your area and see if something can be done. These babies are WAY too young to be away from their mama. And because of their age, they are very susceptible to URI's, distempter, pneumonia, among other things.

Pet stores like that disgust me. They do not have the cat's welfare at heart, but the almighty buck $$$$$.

I went into a pet store in the mall one time. They had 3 kittens romping around. I picked one up and the baby's eyes were gooy, it had earmites and fleas.

I told anyone near the enclosure to go to a shelter and get a healthy cat.

I then went up to the counter and ripped the manager up and down about having the Judzpa of trying to rip people off by selling them kittens who weren't well.

STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Jen , as usual is dead on! That is far too young for a Kitten to get one Flea Bath , let alone two as it could well be toxic. And these poor Kittens to be in the Hands of a careless idiot , who doesnt give a damn , is Criminal. As is $80 , as they paid nothing for these Little Ones.The Laws have to be changed , but as Municipal Services are shrinking , there will be no Protection for Cats! I am praying that someone will buy the Kittens , but then the Greedy retins will get more1 Money in this case is the Root of All Evil!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

rip em a new one lorraine.

I have a little story about a pet shop I went to one time. All the kittens birds looked fine. The snake had fleas on it and ticks.

The puppies (I'm not a dog person at all.) looked to be old enough to be adopted out. When I was petting one of them I fell in love with it. But the other puppy was sleeping in an empty food dish. I didn't think any thing of it my thought was maybe they only feed them so many times a day. Then I seen the water dish. Which the puppies were using as a potty. I told the women thinking maybe she was busy and didn't have enough time to get to the dish. Being that she was the only one there. When I told her she said 'yes I know. They always do that." I then asked her if she was going to give them new CLEAN water and she said no, not until it's closing time. I was very discusted and I went home looked up the number to call the humane socity and my mom called and I explained to her what I saw. After I got off the phone with her, she called back like 5 minutes later I had to go over and take my mother in laws keys, she was very druged up from a surgery she had done and she wanted to go for a drive, so needless to say I forgot all about the store. A week or 2 later my mom stopped in there and looked at the snakes and one was a snake that you have to have a license for I can't remember what kind it was, but it was in very bad shape it was very thin had fleas and tickes all over it. So my mom went up to the counter and had a talk with the women and told her that the snakes cage was dirty she needed a license for the one snake and the women told her that she didn't need a license. When my mom got home she called the humane sociaty and made a complaint about this store. To this day I still have no clue what happened to them. I refuse to go back in there to see the animals.

Katie

Thanks for the advice and thoughts. I stopped by the pet store with my kids-big mistake, because they wanted all the kittens, and proceded to cry their heads off the whole way out of the store, and the whole way home.
    This time, the original kittens were not in their cage they were in yesterday. In the cage were two new tiny little kittens, a little calico girl, and a black and white tabby boy. I was told they were 4 weeks old. I was ready to throw a fit, so angrily I asked the girl "where is the mama to these kittens??" I was told she was hit by a car, and in the litter of 6, these two little ones were in need of a home. I felt so bad for them. They had what appeared to be kitten formula in a bowl, and some dry food, which I seen them eating. I asked if the other kittens had been sold, and I was told they were in the back getting a flea bath.
    Another cage had a cat which appeared to be maybe 9months to 1 year old. I asked about her, and was told a man had brought her in pregnant, because he didn't want to deal with it. So she had her babies, they all found homes, now she was waiting for a home. The other kittens that I seen yesterday, were found by the owner in the parking lot at a factory were he works, so he brought them in to find them homes.
    granted, the owner's heart is in the right place, but I still think these kittens are way to young to be sold to just anyone, who will not properly care for them. I considered calling the SPCA, but here in Florida, there has been a big stink about feral cats running around, and there is a HUGE over-population of cats in the shelters, I am afraid these babies may be put down.
    Or maybe, I should just hope these babies will find good homes.
    I don't know what to do.

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

This angers and saddens me, and it is happening EVERYWHERE! These type scenarios are exactly why we rescue as many as we can .... but unfortunately we can't get them all "in time".
    I hope and pray that these babies land in the hands of someone who will be educated on kitten care, and that they will survive and thrive.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!