Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Thomas (will you help me re-name him?)

Awww, he's wonderful!! In the third picture, he looks as if he's saying (to the other cat) "Get yourself together, it's not that bad" And the last one: "Mom, are you ready to leave now?"

I'm glad you convinced your husband.

I like the name Connor too - or Connery. Looking forward to stories and pics!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

He's beautiful, and I vote for CONNOR!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Honestly, even before reading down through all the responses, I had thought CONNOR - "much wanted" He is absolutely beautiful! Also great that he was not disturbed by the hissy fit in the next cage - a good sign! ..and a lover-boy too!

Congrats! What a cutie.
    I've been BOO'd!

I like Connor for what it stands for but I think Brody sounds cute too.

Congrats! I'm so glad all the prayers and good vibes worked. He looks like a wonderful cat and I look forward to more pics, especially with his new sis.

From Decker with Love

6. I am soooo pleased you will be giving him a home. Welcome to the club! Now as to names....I too like Thomas and from your list I also like Garvey (always have to be different!)

How about Earl....as in Earl Gray tea?

CLYDE! Love it!

He is so super duper cute!!! Whooo, can't wait to see more pics!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

OMG. I am so pleased.

Congratulations to you & your hubby on the new arrival.

I can't believe you are getting Thomas... Lucky Thomas !!

I like the name Dermott or Shaun.

Love the photos but I think we need a couple (hundred) more.

Oh I'm SO SO happy for you. Your pics are gorgeous. I like all the names you have listed, but he looks like a Dermot to me!!!

It'll cost you a fortune when you go home, but hey ... you can't take it with you!!

I LOVE Dermot!!!!!

I'm so glad he's coming home with you! What a good hubby!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

BRODY

I think he looks like a Thomas, so I would keep that. I think that name sounds very docile and sweet, which is apparently what he is like. I don't care for any of the other names you listed, sorry.

I think Sirius (serious) is a good name,
    I saw the first pic and thought that he has
    a very 'serious' look on his face.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Oh Ally I am so thrilled for you and for kitty, I think BRODY is the name, very manly and befitting such a fine looking gentlemen.

Conner or Clyde would be my second choice.

I VOTE FOR BRODY, BRODY, BRODY.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your input! You guys are the best!

I really like the name Connor too, but I've decided not to make a final decision until I get him home and get to know him a bit better.

Gosh - I am so excited - I feel like a kid the night before Christmas

Today at the shelter I was snuggling with him and he was just being a total luv-bug! It was so hard to put him back in the cage. The woman who was on duty kept telling him how lucky he is to have found a home, and he was meowing like he was agreeing with her ! TOO CUTE!

I am going to take things really slowly - I have two rooms prepared - our guest bedroom and the adjacent bathroom, and I'll keep him in there for a good long while. I think SLOWLY is the only way to handle this - Ally will be less than impressed, but I really think that "Thomas's" personality will be a great asset - he does seem to have the ability to totally ignore hissy cats and just do his own thing.

Actually thinking about it, the personalities here seem quite similar to Edwina and Eddie - a spoiled little madam and a relaxed deboniar interloper!

I'll give you all an update when I get home from the shelter tomorrow - right now I need some rest!

Thanks again for all the help and support!

Julie

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.