Thread: I need advice

I need advice

I'm not sure if I am aloud to say this kind of stuff on here. But I need to tell someone cause it's been killing me latly.

Ok. My brother is a HUGE druggy and is killing himself. He drinks, sniffs, smokes everything. It really makes me sad and upset. I stopped talking to him, Jonathan (17 yrs old), about a year ago. Well, when all of his freinds come over of course my little brother Joshua wants to hang out with the cool highschoolers. Well Joshua is starting to do some of the things Jonathan does. I know Jonathan ruined his life but why does he have to do it to Joshua (13 yrs old)? Uggh, And my mom doesn't do a thing about it. Why? Cause she is trying to be there friends not there mom. Now me and my mom are not close, we barly talk in fact and I don't talk to my lil bro to much either. My question is how can I get it across to my mom that she is ruining Joshua's life by letting this go on?? And how can I get it across to Josh that he is ruining his life by doing this stuff?? I figured he would know as Jonathan almost died last year in a car accident in which the driver sniffed something fell un contiouse and hit a tree. He also was on probation for a year and on house arrest for 6 months. I know, that I will NEVER try drugs just because of the way it has ruined my brothers lives. But I want to do something to Stop Joshua from doing these things. He is the smartest person I know and can do SO much with his life, but if throwing it all away to get high once or twice. If things like this go on his perminit record it will not look good. I'm worried about his future.

Anyone know how I can aproach a almost complete stranger and tell her these things? I'm worried she A.) Wont beleave me or B.) Will tell both my brothers I'm the one who told on them, now I don't mind them being mad at me but Jonathan can get a tid bit physical sometimes.

I'm tierd of living like this. I just wish somtimes I could get him out of my life.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

If you can't talk to your mother, or she refuses to listen, how about talking to your counselor at school? This is not a healthy environment for you or your brother. You're smart to realise that drugs are bad and not to want to even try them. I know what you mean about violence. I have an ex husband that was that way. Do you not have any other family members that you can talk to or possibly live with? That would probably have to be decided in court, though.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

O Ash I`m so sorry about your brothers!

What does you dad do? Maybe you could tell him and he`ll help. Maybe you could take joshua to a place that shows ytou Exactly what that stuff does! I`m sorry I don`t know much about it. I would love to help you, I really do, but I don`t know anything about it.

I hope it all turns out well!

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    If you can't talk to your mother, or she refuses to listen, how about talking to your counselor at school? This is not a healthy environment for you or your brother. You're smart to realise that drugs are bad and not to want to even try them. I know what you mean about violence. I have an ex husband that was that way. Do you not have any other family members that you can talk to or possibly live with? That would probably have to be decided in court, though.
    Well, my paretns seperated last October. I live with my dad and older brother. I don't really like talking to people face to face about my emotions the hardest words for me to say are I feel, sad or whatever. I have trust issues and don't like to tell people how I'm feeling or whats bothering me or even abuot my family problems. I dont' like councilers for many many resons.

Rottiluver- My dad has tried to do things in the past, he's called the police on him twice. My family hated him for awile and wouldn't talk to him because of what he did. He's gotten Jonathan so much help in the past and it's all done nothing for him. I'm more worried about Joshua, but my dad has no idea this is going on, him taking drugs and stuff I mean. I should probly tell him, but it will crush him if I do

Ash

Go here: www.teenopendiary.com and write like you have here. You'll get to talk to other teens and maybe they can help you more than we older people can. At least you'll have people your own age that you can talk to.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thank you Dukes Mom

Ashley

You NEED to tell your Dad. He may want to/be able to get custody of Josh as well, which sounds like it would be better for everyone concerned. Sit Josh down and talk to him. Explain what you've told us - that you respect him, that he is intelligent, and that you love him and don't want to see him throw his future away. Even if he gets angry, don't get defensive. Be serious and straightforward. Talk to Josh, then talk to your Dad.

Jonathan is on his own path right now, but there's still a chance to keep Josh from making his brother's mistakes.

Thanx Karen. I think I'll talk to my dad when he gets back into town and I'll talk to Josh soon.

Ashley