Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, now *I* need prayers! sheesh

Ok, now *I* need prayers! sheesh

What a lovely morning I have had.

This morning I got up and went to the bathroom. It was so painful, like peeing razor blades. Yep, I have a bladder infection.
    This is my second one and by goodness they are one of the most painful things I have ever had to deal with. They hurt so bad, that I wouldn't wish them on anybody. The reason I get them is because I never drink water and hardly ever drink liquid. I'm just never thirsty or anything, but from now on I will start drinking water every day, those 8 glasses that we need!

Urrgh, I am in so much pain right now. Just moving and I hurt down there. So I went to the kitchen cabinet to look for some penicillian and you wouldn't believe what I found! A major ant colony. I swear there were thousands of ants. I took pictures because it was just unbelievable.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Anyways, the reason I need prayers is because last time my infection wasn't treated early enough and it turned into a kidney infection, and the doctor said it was the worst infection they had seen. I was peeing blood and could barely move, and it took over a week to cure me. So I do not want this one turning into that, plus tomorrow night we need to go to a Bday party so I cannot be in pain because I have to go.

Oh yes and let me also tell you about my lovely spider I had in my hair today. When I was going to the bathroom this morning, the painful one (could I be more modest?) I had a lovely baby black widow hanging from my head, nice huh? Then the painful urinating, and then this stupid ants. I fought them for an hour trying to kill every one and make sure none escaped from the sink while I was rinsing things out. I couldn't just throw them away because this was my chance of killing them and stopping this stupid ant infestation.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh no!
    Get thee to a doctor quick! I know how painful they are! I had a severe one too that went to into both kidneys and was pretty bad... almost had to be hospitalized. Get it looked after as soon as you can! Drink lots of water and cranberry juice... it will help flush things out. And don't forget to take ALL the prescribed medication!
    Ants?!? We are infested right now too! We treat them for a bit, they disappear but eventually they cme back.

OMG what a day you've had. There's always plenty of prayers to go around. Start that medication right away. Makes me think of my poor Speckles when she had her bladder infection and peeing blood. Poor girl. Prayers on the way..

And drink as much water as you can. Cranberry juice also helps. I have a big thermos and drink water ALL day long.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry! Bladder infections suck! When we were in Hawaii, I got one. I was on vacation so I didn't go to the doctor. By the time I got home, I had a kidney infection. I was so miserable on the last day that I almost didn't even get on the plane to go home. Go to the doctor before it gets worse! And yes, lots of cranberry juice.

Go to the store and buy a quart of cranberry juice and drink it.
    I'm not kidding - it is nature's cure for bladder infections. Also, continue to drink as much water as you can, this helps dilute the nasties and flush your system. For the time being, avoid caffeine and alcohol as those are harder on your system.

I'm not kidding - this has worked miracles for me. I never get full blown infections anymore because whenever I feel that tell-tale twinge, I take care of myself with the cranberry juice and the water.

(of course, if you aren't feeling better, see a doctor. )

These are not the droids you were looking for

This ant problem has been going on for a few years now. But we never thought of looking inside a box of Frontline to see if they were in there. They actually had their nest in our house, inside a Frontline box (my RB dogs) and a box that has breast feeding bags in it. They had eggs and everything in there, along with several other bigger ants, but I didn't see a queen unless she went down the drain before I noticed her. It took literally an hour to get all these ants down that drain.

As far as the bladder infection, Dan is at work and since I don't drive the only way to get to a doc is to have him take me, and since I don't have Dylans car sear with me, it's in the car, I can't have a friend drive me either. Tomorrow I am going to see if Dan can take the morning off to take me to the docs. In the meantime I took a penicillan, which is what they gave me the last time. I will for sure go to the doctors because I know how bad the pain can be and I never want to feel that again.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

do you have a friend that can go to the store for you and get the cranberry juice?

in the meantime, drink lots of water.

These are not the droids you were looking for

I actually have some here. I have been drinking cranberry juice since the last time I got the infection..........ok, well I have the little frozen things in the fridge but haven't exactly been drinking them like I should.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

What a horrible start to the day

I used to always get bladder infections and I recommend Azo (it's cranberry juice in a pill form). Of course it won't get rid of it, but it will keep you from getting another. I haven't had one for over 2 years now And WATER, WATER, WATER and plenty more WATER!!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Owwwweeee!!! Those things are painful! Make sure you get to the Dr ASAP.

Glad you saw the black widow! Wonder where in the heck you picked that up???

Fell better.

Ok here are the pics. I was looking for medicine for me when I came across Morgans Frontline that was leftover from after she went to Rainbow Bridge ( I also have a years supply of Heartguard left too!) and I was like cool, so I took it out to see if it was full. Then I saw ants. This is the first thing I saw.

Yes I was too lazy to do the dishes last night. So I thought oh just a few ants, I'll wash them off no biggie. Well then I look inside and an actual nest was in there.

So I turn on the water and try washing them down the drain, which took forever because they were crawling up the sides of the sink and there were hundreds of ants. In this pic you can see their eggs, and most were about to hatch too. The offwhite things are the eggs.

Well after I killed that bunch and got them all down the drain I did the dishes and decided to check the cubbard again and clean it out, and then I found this too!

They are so bad they actuall fall on you from above. The exterminator has been here so many times and nothing works.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

All I can say is EWWWWWW!!!!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Luckies4me you have my deepest empathy, UTI's are just the most awful thing, that was what my daughter was going through, and at 11, it had to be checked out, the fact it got to your kidneys is not good, you would have been feeling just soooo..bad.

My daughter always has drunk plenty of water, but she is just prone to them, some people are just like some people are prone to colds.

Can anyone tell me if those cranberry pills are safe for children, she is not too keen on the juice?

DRINK, DRINK, DRINK , and maybe you should take something like CITRAVESCENT(SP) drink, it helps to reduce the acid in the urine, but check with your doctor first, so it does not interact with the antibiotics.

Your poor girl, you have been having it real rough lately, with all your worries, etc, maybe its time for a multi-vitamin and a HOLIDAY.
    Take Care now!!!!!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I know how you feel kinda. I have Kidney porblems and pretty much only drink water ughh, it stinks!

Good luck with everything!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka