Thread: Decorations

Decorations

I remember in another thread people were talking about dressing up their houses for holidays. I thought it would be fun to share photos of some of our decorations This time of year -around Halloween and Christmas- is my favorite time to go on walks with Ruby because I love to see all the decorations people put up.

Here's a few photos of some of our decorations in the front yard:

I love this little dog... he has costumes for every holiday and special occasion

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Here's a few from inside... nothing too big

MCNUGGETS!!

Do they still make these around Halloween? They were my favorite Happy Meal toy when I was little!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Aww thats cute decorations! That dog reminds me of Nala! lol

Decorations

Nice decorations. I haven't decorated this year for Halloween, but I am still thinking of getting a pumpkin and carving it. There are so many available stencils now, I love the idea.

There is a few houses around here that have what it looks like is a witch that was flying and SMACK! right into the side of their house, it's hilarious. One even has it on their front window.

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

Your house looks ready for Halloween! Since we live in the country, we don't get any treak or treaters. We just leave a bowl in the porch full of candy just in case.
    I do have a pic of our pumpkins though!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We used to have such nice deocrations out every Halloween but the whole spirit of it is gone. No one even trick-or-treats anymore.

Last year, or the year before, we decorated with huge spider webs and rubber spiders, skeleton decorations and we put that "Caution" tape around the columns in front of our house. We also used to have this "ghost" that you hung up over the porch and each time you clapped your hands or walked heavily it would shake and go "Oooo" lol I loved that thing.

Nice decorations Lindsay! It's nice to see some people who still go all out for it.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Wow, what great decorations. I love them! .D

In Denmark, we don't really have that tradition, but the last few years, they've been selling lots of pumpkins, people carve scary faces and put candles inside. Looks fantastic!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I so glad someone started this thread....

Here's my mantel....

I've gotten a few new decs since last year but here you can see the skeleton riding the bike..

My favortie...a skeleton I hang in the tree looking out of the yard...(I had to use a chain as the raccoon kept knocking him off by chewing through the string I used)

and the pumpkin I WAS going to carve until the Raccoon beat me to it!
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 10-25-2003 at 05:52 PM.