Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I totaled my car, but I'm ok....

Since I have never driven I can't relate to that. But I am glad you are safe.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I just saw this thread. I am glad you are okay.
    Steffi and Lovable

Sorry to hear about all this! It reminds me of when my friend totaled her car, I was in it......it's SUCH a scarey feeling when those airbags come out.

I'm glad you are ok!!

Joey is right, the car is replaceable, you are not.

But I know how embarressed you feel. I used to drive a '84 98 Oldsmobile. That thing was a boat. I was in an accident November of '97. I was driving a friend home from work on a back country road I wasn't familier with. It was sleeting a little so I should of been more cautious...

I never saw the sign saying there was a curve ahead and I hit it at about 50 mph. The car started to fishtail and I corrected it, but then we fishtailed again, I paniced, and turned the wheel to sharp, and the car went into a spin and flew off the road and into a cornfield.

I blew out all four tires and crunched in both the front and the back (steel frame too mind you). Ripped out the speedometor and other cables.

Passenger door wouldn't open and I had to kick my door open to get us out. We were both wearing seats belts and those cars didn't have air bags.

We were okay and a passing motorist who lived nearby called my mom for me. We were only about 5 miles away from home so when mom showed up, we hobbled the car home.

When my dad came home..... I wanted to dissapear. There were cornstalks hanging out of the bumper!

Later on, some friends of my parents went with them to look at the accident scene the next day.

I nearly took out a mailbox and the car landed about 20 feet or so from the road. Had I been in a smaller car it would of likely flipped and killed us both.

I don't think I've ever been that embarressed and sharp curves on roads still make me nervous to this day.

*HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh gosh! im glad that you are safe and sound! A few bruises... but thats all right? I cant totally relate to you.. Well.. my mom can.. lol.. We were driving down the road and there was a little gas station, and like a place to buy lottery and snacks and stuff.. The guy in front of us made a COMPLETE stop right dead in front of us.. Earlier my mom went to the gas station but it was packed so she just said okay whatever we'll last.. But the car needed gas and well.. BAM into the car in front of us.. stupid guy.. Anyway seeings that my mom needed gas her brakes werent functioning properly so she couldnt stop it.. She got ticketed for the accident even though he was dead stop in front of us sight seeing.. the guy that owned the lottery and snack shop gave us free sodas though.. all i really remember is that my cousin he was like 4 and my brother about 6 they were both crying saying my mom was gonna go to jail.... lol and of course the free sodas.. Anyway im So glad your okay tif.. Hope you feel better..

THE most important thing here. Thank God you are alright.

A car is a car is a car..........you are what is important.

I am so glad to hear you are ok, take care of yourself.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thank God that you are okay.

Don't let this make you quit driving, okay?

{{{hugs, but light ones so the bruises don't hurt...}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Wow! Yeah, that would have scared me! So glad to hear you're okay though!

I am glad that you are okay. Please remember that you are definitely more important than any piece of metal!!!

If it makes you feel any better over the years I have "done in" two cars. Cars are easily replaced, but humans are not. Think of it this way, everyone has an accident at some point in their life. You just got your's over with really quickly