Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well... :-\ *wedding pics*

Well... :-\ *wedding pics*

I was debating whether or not to post these here since I am pretty new and still getting to know everyone and get people and their pets straight... but Chinadoll said that I should. So here goes...

Last night I went to order my wedding dress. My fiance's mother went with us (my mom and me) and since she had never seen me in it before, I put it on for her. My mom took pictures so that we can accessorize the dress elsewhere (the tiara there was $350 alone - no veil or anything!).

Keep in mind that by my wedding, I will be much thinner and much more "put together" looking. The waistband will also be higher so it doesn't looks so "messy," the top will fit better, and I will have another crinoline underneath so that the skirt poofs out a little more. There is only one picture where I have the extra crinoline on (I'll tell you). That is how the skirt will look.

Soooo... without further ado... here I am in the dress I chose for my wedding.

<-- extra crinoline

The last one with the extra crinoline is also how I want my hair. Instead of having it up and having the veil cover it like in the other pictures, I really like it up with the veil coming from "underneath."

Also, the pictures that show the back of the dress, the dress actually goes down in a V. The part that's going straight acrosss is my bra strap. I have a strapless bra, but it's the kind that fastens in the middle of the back instead of at the base. I'll definitely have the kind of strapless bra that fastens at the base of my back for the wedding.

Hope the pictures weren't too painful!!

Very pretty!! I remember trying on my dress and dreaming about "the day". You feel like such a princess when that dress is on, don't ya?? And as soon as the veil comes on you really feel like a bride. Anyway, congrats, we can see your excitemnet in all of the pics...you look soo happy Congrats!!

Robyn

Beautiful dress!!!
    It was just last year that I bought mine, so I can feel your joy!!!
    I like the veil look from underneath--that's how I did mine too!!

Just a tip: I bought my dress from a boutique, and then got all of my accessories from ebay!! Veil, tiara, two sets of jewelry (that I didn't wear), garter, and so much more--I even got stuff for my favors on ebay--there are some fantastic shops for bridal stuff on there--I paid $20 for my veil, and $16 for my tiara!!!! It really helped me save a lot of money!!!

Thank you so much for sharing--when is the wedding??
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    Beautiful dress!!!
    It was just last year that I bought mine, so I can feel your joy!!!
    I like the veil look from underneath--that's how I did mine too!!

Just a tip: I bought my dress from a boutique, and then got all of my accessories from ebay!! Veil, tiara, two sets of jewelry (that I didn't wear), garter, and so much more--I even got stuff for my favors on ebay--there are some fantastic shops for bridal stuff on there--I paid $20 for my veil, and $16 for my tiara!!!! It really helped me save a lot of money!!!

Thank you so much for sharing--when is the wedding??
    I hadn't thought of eBay! Thanks for the idea. You didn't find it difficult to find something not seeing it in person? I've been to plenty of bridal websites that sell tiaras and veils, but I'm so afraid of just going by the picture and having it turn out looking entirely different in real life. (Reason being, I thought I had my bridesmaids dresses all picked out until I actually saw it in real life and it was hideous and not at all what it looked like in the picture. It's kind of made me a little scared to buy anything else just by the picture on a website.)

I had an offer from a friend of my mom's friend whose son got married a couple years ago. His wife wore a cathedral length veil and offered to let me borrow it (or have it, I don't know). But I'm so short, and I think a cathedral length on me would look ridiculous.

The wedding is June 5, 2004 - or 7 months and 28 days OR 241 days. (But I'm not counting!) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I just had to chuckle, you arent excited are you? Counting the days? It is going to simply look beautiful. Lucky fella you have there. Congrats and before we know it, you will be posting pics of the wedding! May God Bless you both.

The dress, but mostly the bride, is just gorgeous!!!!!

Congratulations to you, and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures with us!!!!

Logan

Very pretty!

I can look through my files and check for the sites where I got my stuff--I believe one was called princessbrides.com or something like that.
    The veil was easy to purchase, because to me a lot of them look the same--I contacted all of my sellers, and asked them as many questions as I could think of, before purchasing anything--and most of them had a return policy too. I bought my stuff mainly from ebay stores, and not just from someone selling stuff online, so they all came with a guarantee.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

You (and your dress) are beautiful! How excitied you must be!

Here's a tip if you want to save money on the veil: Fabric stores sell the same veil material--"fine tule"--very inexpensively (a few dollars a yard). That way you can customize the length of your veil. They even sell the pearl edging, if you want that. Some also have the headpieces, or you could splurge on the headpiece/tiara elsewhere and attach your own tule from the fabric store. Have fun!
    Oreo and Molly

lovemyshiba - that's awesome - thanks so much for idea! If you can look through your files and give me the names of some of the places you used, I would really appreciate that...

Kona & Oreo's mom - Thank you! As for the veil - great idea, but I don't know anyone who could "make" the veil out of the fabric. I want a finely embroidered edge, but who does that sort of stuff? That's a great idea though...

Now you have me wanting to go dress shopping! I sorta know the style I want, but I still haven't tried anything like it on. How long did it take you to find you dress? Did you look at many places? I have this feeling that I'm going to find a dress I love and it's going to be outrageously expensive.

Anywho...beautiful pics! You and the dress look gorgeous!!

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

I went to two places. This was the first dress I tried on at the second place. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was The One. You will too. As for the price being too high - they ask you what your target price range is right off. The ones I went to didn't really even let you try on dresses that were out of your range, so you wouldn't put it on, fall in love with it, and then get all depressed when you couldn't have it. Hopefully, they'll do the same down there and only bring dresses out in your range.

When you do find IT, I want pictures!!

Jamie, I love your dress, you look so beautiful in it. Congratulations again. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Wow, you look like a princess! It's a beautiful dress and suits you so well
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! One of the paralegals at work is organizing her wedding!!! It is sooo fun to look at dresses! You look so lovely in yours. Congrats!