Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Interesting

Very Interesting

Today is my first day here and I can see I have alot to catch up on and will be looking forward to it. Over the years, I have had numerous pets and love talking about them, as they all have a story to tell. My newest babies are two tiels. Nugget and Penelope. Nugget is the gray one, and Penelope is the little lady. So different. Nugget was named by my (then 3) grandson. Just happened to be eating Chicken McNuggets as we were comming home with our new baby and were discussing what we should name him. Out of the back seat a little voice says, lets name him " Chicken Nugget". So thats how Nugget got his name. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. Have a beautiful day.

oops forgot to post pic of my birdies!! went to edit and that option wasn't there so here I go again. In the pic, Nuggets tail feathers are rumpled. He's only about 4 months in that pic, his previous cage buddies, did a number on him, and Penelope we got from a private breeder. She was already 1 yr old when we got her She was in a cage in the basement. I guess the lady breeds them as she had quite a few, but myself, I don't think they should be away from People. Heck their little feathered people toooooo! Anyway, Nugget is a born clown and Penelope will soon (NOV) be 2. She still is the quieter of the two and really just likes to go on the top of the cage and see everyone. Nugget on the other hand loves to sing and dance. He tweets the tune from the Andy Griffith show while dancing back and forth on his perch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LadyDove; 10-08-2003 at 07:56 AM.

May I be the first to welcome you! There are several "birdie" talkers here and I'm sure you will be hearing from them. Pennsylvania is a big state, which part are you from? Several folks in Eastern PA got together last spring to meet and enjoy each others company and hope to make it an annual thing. Stick around, you'll like it

Western Pennsylvania. Near Pittsburgh Pa. And thankyou for the warm welcome. Look forward to reading about everyones pets.

You have joined one of the friendliest boards and we welcome you.

Everyone loves pictures and hearing about your pets. As Laurie mentioned, there are many people here from PA and Ohio.

I loved hearing how Nugget got his name - out of the mouths of babes!

Welcome!!!!!! Your "bird babies" remind me a lot of my two Cockatiel, Roger and Milly, who you can see in my signature!!! They are beautiful!!!

We are so glad you are here!!!!

Logan

Welcome to Pet Talk!!
    Your birds are gorgeous--and I love how Nugget got his name--so cute!!!!

I'm in PA also, but central, and I have 4 doggies, who can be seen in my signature!!

Hope to hear more from you!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Replies sooooo fast !! I look forward to getting everyones advice on pets. I also have a part chow/bear? LOL. She didn't have her dew claws removed and looked like a little golden bear when she was a baby. Shes about 8 now and 45 lbs. Still thinks shes a "little" lap dog. her little brother Lucky ( Lucky I let him live here) is wired for sure. He takes to running around my kitchen island so fast. I'm sure he thinks he was a greyhound in a previous life. He is part wire hair terrier/ something. Of course most of my animals were brought home because they were sooo cute ! The most unusual was a skunk. Un decented of course. Not to worry, she was finally decented. She was named Peppie La Pue. She thought she was a dog. Amazing as it was she lived about 7 or 8 years. Long for a wild animal. Never bit a soul. Thankyou all for welcoming me. I must apologize right up front, I have a nasty habit of chatting away for ever! I love to talk about my family and my pets. I should write a book on their antics. hmmmmm think I will start some pages. Just where to put them is the question.

Take a look at the number of posts each person has and it will give you a good idea that chatting away seems to be what we do best.

When you reach 1,000 - you get to be an official blabbermouth!

Get busy!

Welcome to Pet Talk! I will be your friend if you aren't a Steelers fan...

Welcome to the World's Greatest Pet Chat ever! I just adore your tiels! When I was younger my mother used to raise tiels and there was never a second that went by without them near us. Hope to hear more from you, and don't worry, blabbing here is always welcome!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

A very warm open-armed welcome to Pet Talk!!! You'll love it here and I'm sure in time you'll become as addicted as I am. I just love all kinds of pets, bun-buns, reptiles, birdies, dogs, cats, anything. You name it I love it, but because I work full-time I only have 2 cats at the moment. Max is 10 and Speckles is 16. I'm waiting anxiously for retirement so I can get a dog. Your birds are just beautiful. Please give them feathered kissies from me.

And BTW, we love to see pictures. The more you post the better.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome! Its so nice to be able to welcome another birdie momma to the board! Your feathered babies are just ADORABLE!

I have two tiels too, and they are both the blossoms of my life! Their names are Popcorn and Muffin, and you can see them in my signature! You're right, tiels are amazing, as are all parrots and birds! Very intellligent and loving friends! I hope you'll stick around, so we get to hear more about your beautiful feathered kids!

Welcome to Pettalk!!! Your birdies are so cute
    I will be 14 years old in March, and I'm from Canada. I have a cat, he's a blue point Himmy named Blueberry. If you want to see, here's a picture of him
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Welcome to Pet Talk! It looks as if you are already fitting in here very nicely You're two birds are so cute, I can't wait to see pictures of your dog. I love chows and chow mixes. I am owned by two cats, Corkscrew and Tibby. You can see their pictures in my signature.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!