Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited (thanks)

Excited (thanks)

Hi everybody, I am so so so excited to get my gecko aaaahhhhh, anyways i wanted to thank the people who helped me out with advise.... if anyone has anything or advise please help me I need it fast!!! Oh and by the way I am gonna get my gecko i think either this month or the first week of november......

thanks again, Please help please!!!

do you know how to look up research yourself? Just got to www.google.com and type in the stuff you want to look up and its right there.

yep I went on google.com awhile ago but I ment like if anyone had any info just incase I missed somethin

ohhh I see

Heeeeheee LoL do you know anyone who likes geckos, like you know how popcornbird loves BIRDS???

Hmm, Maybe you can ask luckies4me she does have a gecko but im not sure if its the type you want

Okay thanks anyway...... just wondering but how old are you??? just curiouse (sry)

Just go to www.google.com or www.yahoo.com and type in what you need. Plenty of good information should come up. It's not that hard.

yep I went on google.com awhile ago but I ment like if anyone had any info just incas

that is what i said ^^^^ lol

Congratulations! I don't know anything about geckos but I am sure you will find out lots of stuff.

Why do you want to know my age? im 13 anyways

There are also books you can read too, not just online articles. Besides, books would have more believeable true information, because the average Joe can't make a book- but they can make a webpage.....

Go to the library.....
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    There are also books you can read too, not just online articles. Besides, books would have more believeable true information, because the average Joe can't make a book- but they can make a webpage.....

Go to the library.....
    I'd have to disagree on you there. There have been several books, especially on reptiles that contain errors, such as Rat books stating pine and cedar are safe. Usually the more experienced reptile people have their own breeder sites and have years of experience.

I currently own a gecko, but he is a white spot gecko. I also belong to a yahoo group devoted to geckos and lizards etc. in which I think you might find some good information.

Here is the link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geckos...yguid=99106821
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    I'd have to disagree on you there. There have been several books, especially on reptiles that contain errors, such as Rat books stating pine and cedar are safe. Usually the more experienced reptile people have their own breeder sites and have years of experience.
    This is so true, I have read many books that have giving out the wrong infomation on repitiles. I even been in a few pet stores where I have heard them giving people bad advice when it come to repitiles. The best place to get advice is from people that own one. Just make sure you check several sites out, never trust the first site you find. One site might tell you a certain foods are needed but then 5 other sites might say no ....trust in the majority.

Last edited by Fox-Gal; 10-07-2003 at 11:27 PM.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Yes, there may be a few books with errors, but not that many- they are rather rare when you think of the # of books in this world. However, 2 out of 5 websites you go to have the wrong information, they represent one side of the story, they are just about the authors opinions, etc. You have to dig deep into the internet to find the good websites with correct information.

When it comes to books, before it is published, an EXPERT in that field pertaining to the subject of the book, reviews that book to make sure it is accurate. I would not know about reptile books, since I don't own a reptile.

Personally, I have NEVER read a book about rats were it states that pine and cedar are safe. I have read just about every rat pet guide book on the market- back when I was doing my research. All of the books I read stated that you should steer clear of pine & cedar.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb