Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell us about YOU

Tell us about YOU

I know we have had these threads before, porbly more then once, but people change, the board grows and people do new things. So, if you've posted before, give us an updated version! If you havn't posted in a Tell us about you thread, please tell us about you

Well, I'll start. My name is Ashley and I am 15 years old and am in the 9th grade. I go to a private school and love it there! My best friend is Mary. We do ev ererything together. Mary is my rock and when I need someone she is there ASAP. Me and mary have a awesome relationship and have the best time hanging out.- I am an EMT in traing and if I like it and want to persue it and put my all in to I will be a full fledge EMT by the time I'm 16 and a half. (that means if you have a accident and call for an ambulance in the Montourville, PA area I will respond to save your life ) My dream is to when I grow up is to own a Dog/Bunny shelter. I already know what I wanna name it, how I'm going to suport it and basicly what I want it to look like. I have a passion for things that change people lives or explain about peoples lives, like stories (one reson why I write), Paws With a Cause, and peoms, any thing like that. My parents are divorced, I live with my Dad and oldest brother Jerry. My dad is NOT an animal lover, but does put up with them, even maybe likes them a little , My 2 fav animals are Dogs and rabbits. I could never choose between them. My fav hobby is Dance, I love it so much. I take Art in school and I wanna take Photography but they are not offering it this year. My fav subject is English and my most hated subject is Bible or Science. ::Edited in:: Besides my brother, Jerry who lives with me, I have 1 sister Abbey who lives in South Carolina, A younger Brother Joshua who lives with my mom, and a older brother (who I don't talk to or having talked to in close to 2 years) named Jonathan who also lives with my mom.

Umm, thats all for now. How about you??

Ash
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 10-04-2003 at 10:25 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

My name is Laura and I'm 22 years old. I was born and raised in Brownsville, Tx but when I was 18 I moved to Arizona for college. I study music performance, I play bassoon and steel drums. Steel drums are my passion but there is no major for it so I am majoring in bassoon performance. My two favorite things in life are animals and music, I don't think I could live if I didn't have them both in my life. I live alone with two cats Corkscrew and Tibby, they are my babies. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do when I graduate college, but I guess we'll just see what happens. I work part time for a pet sitting agency, as of this month I have been there a year. It's the best job ever, I enjoy getting to take care of peoples pets. And I guess that's about it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm Val and I'm not 15 I guess I'll just leave it at that. You could say I'm twice as old and then you'd be close. My job is dispatching for police. I had only had one term of college after high school and then got hired for dispatch. I regret that decision sometimes because with my shift work, it's very difficult to go back to school. My goal is to get out of dispatch and into the computer work there. That way, I'll have a day job and can get a computer degree and then go somewhere else and make lots more money so I can do what I really love in my spare time, which is taking care of animals, mostly dogs which is my passion now. Duke has made me realise what special animals dogs are. I do volunteer with a rescue agecny and transport dogs to foster homes when needed. That is when my heart is happiest. I love being able to save something that someone else has given up on.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'll go next...

My name is Julianne, but most people know me as Julie. I live in Los Angeles, California. I am 13 years old (14 in a few days.) and live with my mom, dad, sister and many pets. I own 2 dogs, 2 cats, a cockatiel, hamster, and 6 tortoises. When I am financially stable, and have my own place, I plan to have 2 golden retrievers, a siberian husky, and Daisy, if she is still living. All females. My goal is to become a veterinarian, and open a rescue for unwanted/abused Golden Retrievers. I go to a high school that is a Veterinary/Agriculture Magnet, and love it. My favorite dog breed is the Golden Retriever (in case you didn't notice. )

That's all for now.

cool thread!

Ok my name is Amber and im 13 years old. Im from St.Marys, Ohio. Im in the 7th grade. My best best friend is Amy we do alot together. She is so funny and nice. When I turn 16 I want to volunteer at our local shelter. Then I want to go to college and become a Animal Cop. I want to help save animals lives, I have always saved or help an animal out when I was little. My favorite subject in school is Scocial Studies. My first pet was a cat when I was 3 years old. Cats might be my favorite animal. Then dogs. Im owned by 3 animals 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 dwarf hamster. I love them so much. I cant wait to add a future pet to my family. Im the youngest of 3 brothers, 2 are step brothers. My oldest st. brother is Ryan, then Chris, then Josh. My moms name is La Ree and my dads name is Floyd. My dad grew up with alot of animals he is the youngest of 10 kids. My mom is the middle child of 4 kids and she grew up with cats and 1 dog. I take after my dads side of the family. oh yeah I was born on March 6, 1990!

I guess I'll go next lol...

My name is Jynnelle, I live in BC Canada. I love animals singing and drawing. I love art in school it is basically the only think I ever get "A's" in ...

I am 17 years old I turned 17 on Septemeber 16th . My best friends name is Sarah and she is such a sweety, I love her, she is soo cool. ... I onlt have few really close friends, only 2 to be exact the rest of my school know sme but I dont really hang out with anyone from my school but Sarah. Jordan and Sarah, they are my close friends. If I knew Ashley better and we hung out a bit I bet we would be great friends to.

I love animals, I love doing research on the internet about animals. and different breeds of dogs and rodents that would fit my lifstyle. I love thriller movies and shows, ex. CSI, Crossing jordan, and judging AMY are my 3 favortie shows!!!

I have 2 dogs Oscar and Tikeya and I own 2 rats Pippin and Merry, my brother owns a cat named Fuzzy ...

..... ummmm..... I am graduating this year and I am not excited at all, I am scared. My favorite color is blue, my favorite kind of dog is the siberian husky, my favorite kind of bird is the Crow or raven. .... . the most weirest thing I would ever own would be a seagul lol. I always see them around I think they are pritty ..

END!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

My name is Jordan (But I AM a girl) and I'm almost 16 years old. I'm in grade 11 in a public high school. My best friend is Timber, and my best human friend is Renee because we grew up together and aren't afraid to say anything to eachother. I'm currently looking for a job, but when I'm older I want to own an animal shelter. Of course that's alot of money that I don't and probably will never have, so I'll most likely just help by fostering dogs, rodents and rabbits (mostly dogs though ). If I DO never own a shelter, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm thinking of going to a dog training school, but the closest one I can find is in Victoria (binka nugget might be going too!!). In a few years I'm going to purchase a male merle catahoula leopard dog pup (with atleast one glass eye) from Cat's Cradle Catahoulas in Ontario. I live in Kelowna BC, so I have to pay for shipping. I also plan to have another German shepherd dog from a reputable breeder (or a shelter, but ONLY if it's healthy and the hips look fine). I'm big on learning all I can about dogs, even though I know that I know enough to get through. I'm a big fan of the homecooked diet, and I plan on feeding a primary one to my future dogs. No human children for me.
    I've been BOO'd!

Aw, thanks Jynnelle! You're one of my close friends too! (We burped together! I mean, you can't burp in front of someone unless they are special ).
    I've been BOO'd!

My names Megan, and my dog's name is Abby. She's the best thing in my life, and so is my nephew.

I am 14 years old, and also a One-on-One tutor, which also happens to be my first ever paying job. I love it, and I love being with the kids.

I have a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephew, plus TONS of aunts and uncles and cousins.

My dreams are to become a veterinarian, preschool teacher, or pediatrician. I have a great love for kids, and it really shows! I love babysitting, especially my nephew and my 2nd cousin, Faith, who is approaching the age of two. She's a doll, and a blast to be around!

I love animals. All animals. I love reading, writing; stories or poetry. I love being online, talking to the wonderful pettalkers, and making new friends.

I am a Freshman (at our school called Frosh) in the 9th grade. I have an A-/B+ average. I enjoy school, but despise Gym class.

That's all I'll tell you... I blab to much!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Okay me next.

My name's Ashley and I'll be turning 16 in November. I'm a grade 11 attending the school used for Smallville's highschool scenes (neat eh?). I'm asian but I can barely speak a word of Chinese. I do however speak some spanish as I'm in spanish 11 this year. After highschool, I plan on working until I have money saved up. I plan on going to a professional dog training program (like Jordan mentioned). After I complete the course, I'd like to either take another program to strengthen what I've learned or possibly take a course at a grooming school. I think it'd be really interesting and open my choices some-what. I'd like to eventually open my own centre (so to speak). If I'm successful, I'd like to run a small independant rescue with my friend Jamie. I'd take the dogs to work everyday to give them exposure and to enjoy themselves.

In the future, I'd love to own a collie, border collie and a pit. Of course, I'll rescue them. I'd love to go into agility with them and possibly do some hobby herding with the collie, border collie and who knows if the pit will like it..LOL.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginniing to get a complex here Thanks to you younguns for being a good representation of people your age. You should be proud.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

My name is Tonya, I am 25 years old. I live in central California. I am a tech for the phone company (SBC). I have been with them for six years this March. I enjoy animals, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and motorcycles. I am married to Mike and I have a 6 year old son named Jaden.

I have a large extended family. In total, I have a sister that is 17 and four brothers (19, 20, 25, 30). I thought I'd include a family picture. (Not all of my brothers and sisters are in it.)

I look a little hefty in that picture because I was five months pregnant in it. (Lost a baby last year.)

I am in the upper left corner with Mike. Jaden is the boy in the white shirt below. The rest are my brothers, sister, sister in law, parents, and nephew.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok I will keep you company , Most of you know me by now, I am Carole from Hamilton city, New Zealand.

I am mother to two children, a son Scott 21 almost 22, and daughter Melissa 11, also mum to furkids, Ash and Lexie.

I am originally from Scotland born in ELLON, but came to the land of the long white cloud when I was a baby, but all my relatives still live there, I have yet to make it back home.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ok, Dukesdogmom...I'll join in and be brave...lol.

My name is Robin and I am 39 years old. Thats right I'm not afraid to say it! I live in the great state of Ohio. I have a great husband and we have been married for 20 years now. We have one son and he is 19 and wants to make it in the music biz. He has a band and he writes all his own music and lyrics. I think his band sounds awesome..but of course I'm mom. Other people say they are good also..so maybe its not just me being a mom...lol. We have one dog who is an akita. She is 6 months old now and we think she is the coolest thing ever. I love all animals but seem to mostly be obsessed with dogs. I am always looking up the different breeds and reading about them. I love to read (mostly suspense drama books, some romance), I love the movies and I love music (all kinds). My husband and son have also turned me into a sports fan. I follow Winston Cup Racing and am a huge Roush racing fan (Go Matt Kenseth). I actually like all the drivers..hmm...except Jimmy Spencer..YUK! I am also a big time Minnesota Vikings fan.....Go Vikes!! I work part time at a local retail store. I handle all the money and make sure everything is accounted for and pay out a few bills for the store also. Oh yeah....I also love to travel and wish we could afford to do tons of that. I have been fortunate enough to get to go to Cancun (awesome place..love the mayan ruins and the great night life), Las Vegas (all kinds of stuff to get into there) and for our 20th anniversary we went to the totally laid back place of Key West (awesome place). Awesome anniversary! For a little over a year now I have been dealing with uterine cancer and it has really sucked! I have had 2 surgeries and am now dealing with radiation treatments. If you want to hear me whine about that, which I did this morning, you can go to this thread here http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=35300 I am feeling much better this evening and I am in good spirits right now. Well, I think that is enough about me right now...lol...I do like to rattle on...lol.

Have a great evening all...I am off to bed now........Robin

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    Come on, all you older people, don't be chicken! I'm beginniing to get a complex here
    Ok, here goes.

My name is Libby I'm 45 (A older person ). I now live in Florida, I got tired of snow. I use to live in N.Y.C and came down here on vaction and never left.. I'm married to a wonderful man, that makes me feel 25 again. I retied from owning my own buz. for 18 years caring for abused children through a state funded program.

Now I just care for my herd of pets. I take in unwanted pet that the animal control feels need a little more extra care then average person is willing to give. (well thats how I put it....they have another way of saying it, that I don't care for) I have taking in every thing from newborn cows to a duck with out wings and anything in between you can thing of. I had to stick my hands up a cows...you know what, to lancing growths on day old pups. I done more then I ever belived I could possible do and it has taught me alot about myself that I would not ever trade for anything in the world. I have giving up a lot to care for these guys...I can't remember the last time I went to a Dr. or had a real vaction with my husband. Even at that...it's a good life and I'm for the most part happy with it. But, how I would love a vaction soon.

Years ago if someone had told me I be doing this, I would have told them they were nut's.....Me in the counrty, bottle feeding a cow!!!! no way. I was the counrty club type, raised to be a golf pro like my mother.

In my spare time (LOL) I ride my Quad, motorcycle, or go to car shows with one of our cars, swim or just go to explore nature. I even help my husband modify cars and don't hate it. LOL

My friends decribe me as a counrty girl with a city attitude. My family just says I've gone a little crazy. I have to say that the are both some what true.