Thread: HELP!! What do I do??

HELP!! What do I do??

I took my dog Madison for a walk yesterday and when we got back her 2 back feet were bleeding. Her left back paw had a hole the size of an pencil eraser in it. Also both middle nails on each back paw were worn down to the qwick. The walk only lasted about 10 minutes and I walk her all the time. What could be wrong?

I would take her to the vet and get it checked out. Possibly she stepped in glass or something as your were walking, so better safe then sorry.

I agree with buckwild, better get her to the vet before she gets an infection. Be sure to let us know how she is doing!

This kind of injury is most often caused when dogs are running on tarmac, sand or gravel when they have soft pads. It can take quite a while to heal and should be seen by a vet.
    Once healed try dabbing the pads with surgical spirit every day to toughen them up a bit.

Scottie. How is Madison doing? Did she go to the vet for a visit. Please let us know. Something similar happened to my girl Star. She loves to run through our back woods filled with oak trees and countless acorns. (Sharp!) They can cause cut bleeding pads as they sometimes become embedded in the pad! My best hugs to little Madison!