Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why oh Why...outside the box?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you solved your problem just by adding more litter to the box. These babies do talk to us; interpreting their "language" is a task unto itself. Our cat, Briggs had her litterbox in the laundry room. She routinely acted as your cat did - pee in the box, poop on the floor. We tried everything we could think of as a remedy - toss out ALL litter more frequently, scrub the box more often, add more litter -- you name it. Eventually, I woke up to the fact that Briggs always chose a corner of the room when she relieved herself. I rearranged the laundry room so that her box could fit into a corner and VOILA!!! That was what she wanted all along. I did continue to wonder why she would use the box for one function and not the other. She's not talking but as long as that issue is resolved I'm not pressing her for answers. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Cataholic
    keep the litter to a small sized beach.
    This made me laugh out loud

You could use another small plastic box on the inside for a step, easy to clean in case waves washed up on it from the beach

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I'm knocking on wood here, but I filled the litter boxes with more litter and for 3 days now, Killer's gone in the box! Oh my goodness, if it is as simple as that....wouldn't it be wonderful??? It's wierd, cuz it's not like he likes to "bury" it....he's always left it for the world to admire!! Thanks everyone....
    Cats They can be so picky! My cats are like that. The litter has to be clean, a particular type, a particular level, and no one can be around. If not, I find poopies outside the box. I have no idea which cat it is.