Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bump!?

Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
    <STRONG>Thank you, everyone! Yeah, two weeks is a long time... I will be praying my head off the whole time!!! And spoiling Daze like crazy. I just can't imagine without her...</STRONG>
    Hope all goes well with your baby. Be sure that the vet does a biopsy on the lump.

Our Maggie also had a bump (on her rump)about 2 years. The vet did a biopsy, found some suspicious cells, did surgery, follow- up blood work and Maggie is doing great.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I am glad Maggie is okay! Thank you for your information. I really appreciate everyone's concerns! Our appointment is at 6 PM on August 29. Waiting is driving me crazy! Daisy is acting normal and I doubt it's anything serious... but I can't help but worry about her!

Dear Daisy's Mom...
    Please don't worry yourself too much about
    this lump you found on Daisy.I know it's hard
    to wait having it checked out by your Vet;
    but Aug 29th is really not that far away!!
    Bud has not had that particular problem,but my daughter has a Dobie/Shep mix boy named
    Oberon that has had more than a few lumps.
    Her Vet removes them when they start to
    grow between the muscles of his leg or back
    (whatever).. It worrys my daughter more than
    it does Obie.
    Point being ..Don't stress yourself too
    much. O.K.?? Everyone at PET TALK loves that
    little Basset Hound and will be praying for
    You Both...
    Much love from Buddy & me. Keep your chin up!!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was thinking the same thing,
    You have one busy vet.
    If you are like me, it will not do any
    good for me to tell you to relax and not
    to stress out!
    Think good thoughts, Daisy is probably
    just fine. Pepper had a lump on her
    head for a long time. The vet said by feeling it, it was nothing to worry about.
    We just had to watch it. It did get
    bigger a few months later and the Vet removed it.(Our vet was right and the lump was nothing)

----<---<--<{(@

Miss Daisy, when is your apt?

We are waiting to hear how things go!

Two more days I am really mad that I have had to wait this long! I have been so worried the whole time, but I keep reading and rereading everyone's stories of little bumps that aren't serious at all. I really hope that's the case here.

One other question for you bump experts: how do they check them? Are they going to have to cut it out? Or stick a needle in? Or can they just feel it and tell whether it is dangerous or not? Thanks!

Love,
    Bridget and Daisy

Initially feeling the lump should give a pretty good idea what it is. If there is any chance of it being something other than what it feels then maybe some fluid will be taken from it or a small operation to remove it will be advised. None of these things are anything to worry about at all.

In Killian's case, they have done two things. Two were surgically removed and one of those were biopsied. The others were just checked by hand and then watched to see if they kept growing. Good luck to you. I hope everything will be ok.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Dear Bridget and Daisy! PLEASE forgive me for not seeing this post sooner! Star is absolutely furioius with me. Her pal Daisiy is going to the big white house for a lumpy and she didn't even know! Try not to worry....often a lump large enough to feel and move around is usually a benign lipoma. (Fatty lump) I can't wait to hear that the appt. is over and you are home with Daisy and all is well! Please let us know as soon as you can. And big kisses and hugs to our beautiful, sweet girl. Love, Sandra Star and Cody

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh no our favorite little houndy has to go to the ... well you know what

Hannah had a wieght problem (an extra 15 pounds) and when she lost the wieght I found a lump just like you described on her hip. I was soooooo scared, I cried when I found it. luckily we were going to the vets the next day so I asked the vet what it was and she felt it and told me it was a fatty cysts. It was probably there when she was fatter but you just couldn't feel it. She told me to watch it and if it didn't go away or if it got bigger and I wanted to further investigate it she will. It disappeared.

Good Luck tomorrow Daisy, hound dog howls and good luck wishes.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

Hey Daisey & Bridget ~ SmokeMutt, here ~

Good luck atta White Coat's Place tomorrow! Member not to *chomp* onna Vet's handbone - Cinder sez they get *krankee* when ya do that!

And while you're there; how bout askin the Vet to 'splain just WHAT are these "benign limpoma", "fatty lumps", and "fatty cysts" thingies all our hoomins are talkin about? After I got sum pounds added to the skin an bones frame I first came with, Dad wuz giving me *skritchez* wun nite while we was layin in the bigbed. All asudden he sitz up an startz pokin and pinchin tween my shoulder blades ~ cuz he'd found wunna those squishey lumppy things . But after about a week it wented away! Much as he tries, he can't find it enniemore - like it's gone! Can that happen? See what you can find out ~ Pleeze, Miz Daisey?

You an yer Mom be reel brave tomorrow ~ we'll all have our pawz an klawz crossed for ya!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh Bridget, I'm sorry I didn't see this before. Daisy will be just fine I'm sure. Dessi, my overweight lab, had several fatty cysts. My vet didn't remove any of them because they weren't growing and he said it'd be a waste since she'd just get more and they wouldn't hurt her. She was verrrry lumpy to pet but was just fine. We did have one removed but that was a different type of bump between her toes. It was benign, thank God! Anyway, don't worry yourself to death. Since bassets are more..ahem.. pleasantly plump, I am sure it is a harmless fatty cyst. Tomorrow at this time, you will be at home and relieved at the good news your vet told you! I will be thinking of you and Daisy all day. Big hugs and kisses to the Daisy girl from me, Reece, Lolly, and Shiloh
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Gracie, who was 3/4 Great Dane 1/4 lab, so had very very smooth, flat to the skin fur, jot a lump on her side when she was only 5 or so. Because she was so smooth, it REALLY stuck out, but her vet examined it, said it was just a "wen," just a bump, nothing to worry about. It was there for the rest of her very long, spoiled rotten life, to no ill effects, and you know, it "looked" much smaller to us once we knew it was harmless! Hope Daisy's is, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Bridget,

I am sure Daisy will be fine. Just try to be positive. Beener, my yellow lab, had about a zillion fatty tumors all over when he got old. Some were in bad areas so they had to be removed, but most of them were not in bad areas, and they were completely harmless so we opted against surgery. I am sure Daisy will be fine, and the Doctor may even advise against getting it removed.

I have absolutely no intention of taking the attention away from you and Daisy, this is after all your post, but Graham is going to have surgery very soon for a small fatty tumor in his front armpit, one small wart on his shoulder blade, and one suspicious (hopefully harmless wart) on his back leg. I shaved the three spots where the lumps to be removed are and he's going for the exam today. I want him to get them removed, regardless of their harmless nature, because sometimes I knick them when I'm brushing him and it hurts or bleeds. Hopefully he can go into surgery this Friday so I can have the whole weekend to pamper him

Here's praying for the most adorable Daisy and the cutie Graham to be OK and to have good news about their growths.

Good luck to both Daisy and Graham. I hope all those growths are nothing to worry about. We'll be praying for you both!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)