Thread: Spike

Spike

We took Spike back for his 3 week follow-up and results weren't very good. Spikes mouth is still red & swollen and not healing like the vet thought or wanted it to. He gave Spike a shot of Perdisone for inflammation and a shot of antibiotic. Then he put Spike on an anitibiotic that we will apply in the ear in a cream form. It's more expensive, but Spike it next to impossible to pill or give liquid form. This is a fairly new way of medicating and is systematic. It will be worth the extra cost. We feel with as difficult as Spike is, this may be the reason he hasn't healed as well. Most of the medicine went flying everytime we administered it. Hopefully this new way to medicate will help!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Get well Spike! Be a good kitty, and leave your medicine alone, so it will do it's job! I hope this new medicine works well for you.
    Sammy and Romeo send you headbumpies!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

SPIKE ! Don't you know that you can't get better if you don't take your medicine!?! I sure hope the ear cream works for you.

Hope you start feeling better soon Spike!!

(This thread threw me for a loops as my username at another forum I frequent is "Spike"! I thought someone was addressing me at first!! LOL)

We at the Lost Cat Hotel , send our Prayers for our friend Spike and hope you are feeling well soon!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Take the meds Spike! You need to get better fast!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Spikey!! Take your meds and we hope you will feel better soon!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

This med thing is kind of cool, but expensive. $80 for a tube!!! Anyway, the vet calls a specific pharmacy to place the order. Then the pharmacy calls us, gets our form of payment, and delivers it to your doorstep!!! I'm just hoping this works. They supply a little rubber tip for your finger (something like a condem) and you apply just inside the ear right below the tip. Amazing what modern medicine can do! Let's just hope the antibiotics works on him. I'm really thinking he didn't heal properly since all his meds weren't getting in him. He's such the difficult one. You can tell by just looking at the face!

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers