Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bummed

Bummed

I received an e-mail from work (along with everyone in the Co.) that they're monitoring our internet time and will be disciplined, even fired if usage is abused. SO.....I won't be able to frequent the board as often. It's hard for me at home since my husband's job involves many hours of computer work, which leaves me off of it. I will read and think of all of you and respond when I can. Hopefully things will die down and I can get back on at work again. Seems they go through this every so many months!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Annoying!

Here in Australia, most workies are banned from internet access as enjoyment is officially not part of their job descriptions (it's hard to feel joy when you are being whipped along with the other slaves)

Hope it gets better soon

(also posting at work - don't start for ten minutes! )

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I work in the IT Dept here and we had thought of that a few years ago, but since there is only 3 of us to look after over 80 people throughout the province, there was no time to sit down and actually go through the stats. Thank goodness, otherwise I wouldn't be here because I don't have a puter at hom. Good luck. Can you at least schedule some home puter time, say 2 hrs per week??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh yes! I will be able to get on probably daily at home...BUT...with my husband needing it I probably won't be able to repsond to as many post as I could from work. I always made my comments/responses as short as possible so I wasn't on it all that long, but now I'm having withdrawls. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

You need two computers with dual connections to internet.
    Sure saved us at our house.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

You people are lucky you can use the internet at work! I'm stuck with a boring old crappy computer that has nothing on it
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I know how you feel, I was going completley nuts when I couldn't
    visit here when my computer was broken. I hope you will be able
    to get on the computer as often as you can.

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

Well I just told my husband there's a new rule in the house...whenever he's on the computer I have control of the remote! I told him it's not fair he has the computer and the TV. He got off the computer pretty fast! hee hee

Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Originally posted by Craftlady
    You need two computers with dual connections to internet.
    Sure saved us at our house.
    We have two pcs which are connected by a wire and we run this gateway (?) software which allows us both to use the internet connection at the same time

We are lucky enough to have a broadband modem, so even sharing the bandwidth, we both get a good connection speed

Originally posted by PayItForward
    We have two pcs which are connected by a wire and we run this gateway (?) software which allows us both to use the internet connection at the same time

We are lucky enough to have a broadband modem, so even sharing the bandwidth, we both get a good connection speed
    We have 4 computers and one DSL modem, but all 4 of them can use the DSL at the same time because we have a wireless network set at home for them all. Its great! No wires going anywhere, and all computers are connected to the Internet, and on DSL at that!

K & L, get a 2nd computer and a wireless network. That way you and your hubby can use the internet at the same time without bothering each other.

The best thing is to nod , agree with the Boss , then like the Cat , do exactly as you want! They just talk to hear themselves talk , and to try to bully you! Do what you think and know is right , although my advise is coming from a retired person.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We have 3 computers running off of the same modem, using a hub. Do what you must, K&L, but keep on posting!!!!

Originally posted by catmandu
    The best thing is to nod , agree with the Boss , then like the Cat , do exactly as you want! They just talk to hear themselves talk , and to try to bully you! Do what you think and know is right , although my advise is coming from a retired person.
    great advise, catmandu!!

PCB, Im going to PM you for more info re the Wirleless solution.

We have one PC (kid's room) and two laptops (Me and hubby). The cabling running through the place is driving me insane!!!

K & L

Bad luck re monitoring your internet usage at work - the day they do that to me I am SO FIRED!!!!! I really hate my job at the moment, and it's hard enough to be enthusiastic without all the much more enjoyable things like Pet Talk and eBay keeping me "busy"

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.