Thread: How can you give her back?

How can you give her back?

I've been asked this many times, by people on this board or by people on other boards. Or by people in public. How can I give Breeze back at 12 months? I thought I would share with you all how I can give her back, that way you don't have to keep wondering.

Can you imagine giving someone there eyes, there ears or there hands, without giving them yours? I can't even imagine the joy that the people who recieve these dogs must feel, imagine giving someone there independce? Breeze is not dog, she's an angel. She was not brought into this world to be a couch potato, she has a job. When I give her up she will spend every wakeing moment with her new parent. She will get to go to work, she will get to go to resturaunts, to the kids games, everywhere. Never will she have to stay at home all day long. I know that the home she is going to is with someone good. I trust that paws would never give her to a home where someone would abuse her. I know that her knew owner will spoil her rotten, wouldn't you? If you couldn't hear when your chid called for you from in the other room and then one day, you get this mature adult black lab who when your child calls from the room comes and tells you. Can you imagine it? I know I can't because I have my hearing, I have my legs, I have my sight. But for those who dont'. I give them 2 things, A piece of my heart and a best friend.

Thats how I can give her back.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

That was very poetic! Do you have to give her up? i mean i know its for a good cause and everything but just say you really wanted to keep breeze around.. would paws let you? Just curious.. i want to do it but im afraid to get too attached..

Yes, we signed a contract stating that Breeze, at all times, is a part of Paws. She is not our dog and we MUST give her back at the time required.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Just like having a child

Just like when you let your children go to create lives of their own, you let Breeze go to continue on his life path. He is trained to have a purpose in life, with a family that will love him, take care of him, and and help him fulfill his destiny. What you are doing is not only noble, but selfless and I admire you for it.

I know it is hard, but you are bettering so many lives including Breeze's.

Just like when you let your children go to create lives of their own, you let Breeze go to continue on his life path.
    that sentence sums up fostering pretty well. Good for you Ash, for thinking of others before yourself.