Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dog Stereotypes

Egg-actly! You know what they say about "assuming"! Cody was a yellow Lab/GR mix, raised with love and affection, yet not very socialized, therefore, terribly afraid of strange situations and people, yet extremely aggressive and protective. Klo is a GSD mix, is doing well with people, slightly standoffish until she gets a good whiff, yet HATES kids, despite the previous owner's claim. (Me thinks teased) I even take her to a nursing home and she does great! Our neighbor, 2 doors down has a pitbull who is the friendliest, sweetest boy, loves hugs and kisses. He screams with delight when he sees me, cause it means tons of belly rubs! In fact, the day Cody died, I went over to tell them, and Loco, usually all happy and jumpy, sat by me quietly as I cried hysterically, and put his big ole bonehead on my thigh, which made me cry more. Can't judge a book by it's cover as they say.....

I've been Boooo'd!

Originally posted by K9karen
    In fact, the day Cody died, I went over to tell them, and Loco, usually all happy and jumpy, sat by me quietly as I cried hysterically, and put his big ole bonehead on my thigh, which made me cry more. Can't judge a book by it's cover as they say.....[/COLOR]
    Oh! That made me cry. They sure can be sensitive for such rock heads.
    ~Kat

Originally posted by K9karen
    , and put his big ole bonehead on my thigh, which made me cry more. Can't judge a book by it's cover as they say.....
    {{{tears}}}}
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I don't know the truth in it, but I heard that dalmations are difficult (and known as fire dogs) because the majority of them are deaf.

I used to get frustrated with Rosco because even when he was a tiny pup, people would stay away from him and just pet Dusty. The poor guy hardly ever got attention from strangers because he was a pit mix.

I've heard it with our bigger 2! Especially with Dakota and her size. Sometimes I get that she's a dalmation so she's mean, but mostly it's her size. I think it's kind of funny, yet annoying, because everybody who knows her knows she's the biggest, most lovable baby in the world! But, I definatley know what you're talking about!

Well a good majority of them are deaf... i heard the statistic one time and was surprised. After 101 dalmatians came out everyone was getting them for their kids. but they are a high energy dog and need lots of excercise- people didnt know this and well - theyre not apartment dogs or dogs who can be left alone for long peiods of time. and theyre not difficult theyre supposed to be highly intellegant and easy to train...and contrary to popular beleif they love kids- but it all depends on the dog and the owner i guess. theyre supposed to be good swimmers too which i thought was wierd. i researched dalmatians for 6 yrs before i got Lou Dog...and shttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p917d55f94650f5af9c1cbcf83785efc8/fb01c737.jpg.thumb.jpgo far all the good things i read hold true

"Welcome to where time stands still, no one leaves and no one will"

I think people stereotype little dogs as: yippy, yappy, barkers.... . But they are not. Well, at least my boys are not. I have three mini doxies and they are not un-necessary barkers. They love everyone.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar