Thread: hide the toy

hide the toy

I was wondering if anyone elses cats do this:

They take their toys: mice, fuzzy balls, toys filled with catnip....
    and shove them under the couch and chair. Not accidentally....it is the objective of the playing. They may play with the mouse awhile, throw it up in the air and such, but sooner or later...under the couch it will go.

After all are shoved under there and there is nothing left to play with they cry, scream until we remove them and they can do it again....and again...and again.

Are my cats strange or do others display this action (yes, I am the one who is trained to retreive moreso in this relationship).

OH YEAH !!! I know that game..........I actually took the little legs off of all the living room's upholstered furniture so that the couch etc. would lie flat on the floor so I would not have to retrieve toys every other minute! Now I have to retrieve them from under the stove and the refridgerator.

Yep, if you look under our couches, its full of toys

OH YEAH !!! I know that game..........I actually took the little legs off of all the living room's upholstered furniture so that the couch etc. would lie flat on the floor so I would not have to retrieve toys every other minute! Now I have to retrieve them from under the stove and the refridgerator.
    LOL!
    We have toys under the stove too.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Under the couch, under the bed, squished into obscure corners, under the bathtub (old-fashioned claw-foot type - I live in an old Victorian) even in some closets - they quickly bat them in there the short time closet doors are left open around here. the little furry brats!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yes, Ripley and Jazz love to do this. In fact, Jazz is so bad that we've lost dozens of furry mice with feather tails and we can't find where she is hiding them. We just finished painting and putting down new carpet in the living and dining rooms and never saw a single mouse. I guess they are all in the kitchen, den, office or the three bedrooms. Someday we will find a huge furry mouse burial ground with tons of bread twist ties.

From Decker with Love

Glad to hear that I am not the only one.

I moved earlier this year and I also work from home with a complete home office equipped with one of those big, dupluxing copiers. Well, when we were moving....under the copier....a whole furry mouse family, milk rings, fuzzy balls....the guys moving me looked at me like I was crazy (evidentially they are not owned by cats).

My Dad was over doing some DIY for me about a year ago and he had to go under the floor to check out some of my bathroom pipes. When he came back up he held about 10 furry mice in his hands which he'd retrieved from under my bathroom floor. There was seemingly a small hole at the back of my bathroom sink which Bonnie was using to STASH her mice. A quick rinse under the tap, quick dry and I chucked them all up in the air for her, you oughta of seen her wee face she didn't know which one to go for first !!! Needless to say we blocked up the hole but there is a lack of furry mice again so god knows where she's stashing them now !!!

Debra (blk/wht) used to send all her little furry mice under the couch for me to retrieve, but she has seemingly lost interest in this game. I think it is because after she chews their tails off, they somehow lose their intrigue. I have ordered another dozen from Foster & Smith for Xmas to see if she will regain interest.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I call that part of my *kitty workout*. Best areobic exercise you will ever get
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

"under" works for my two cats too!

I bought a new stove last year. When the service person(s) came in to install it, I had them move out the old one and ewwwwwwww, lots of cat toys. I was expecting spoons etc. but no, cat toys!

There is something about the fun of trying to retrieve them, that sets the cats into motion around objects with a tiny space below. I know my two cats also play around my china cabinet and constantly try to crawl under to get their toys.

CATS!

oh heck yeah!

not only do my two cats like to shoot their toys under anything and everything, they have decided that the new toy of choice are the hot tamale candies. why? i haven't the slightest clue. but they love them so much that they will knock the container off the table to get to them. talk about an obssession!
    my cats believe they should be addressed as Goddess and Empress, not merely Pitter and Patter.

This isn't just a cat game Tonee (RB Cocker) used to put her hamburger under the antique armoire and dig dig dig on the carpet to get it out. But I always had to get it for her. After she went to the bridge we had our carpets cleaned and I told them not to clean close to the armoire because I wanted her finger nail marks to stay there, because I missed her.
    Kelcee has toys in all the usuall places too. Behind the bed is a good one.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Tabathacat I was visiting my sister and her cat prefers playing with lollipops to the little toy mouse. Neo likes to fetch and return. I'm guessing they like the sound the plastic wrapper makes.

how cute

that is so cute sunshine. i love how cats can have fun with almost anything but their own toys.
    my cats believe they should be addressed as Goddess and Empress, not merely Pitter and Patter.

Tony does the same thing but with his mice, he eats the tails off his toy mice then will hide them, favorite place is under your feet, legs etc. Then he will claw at the mouse, OUCH!! lol

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!