Thread: Chatty Cats

Chatty Cats

I am curious about the chattiness of your kitties. Sammy is fairly quiet. He will meow occasionally, usually at breakfast. Romeo however is VERY talkative. We actually carry on conversations.
    When I home from work, both cats are waiting for me at the door. Sammy immediatley comes over to me and starts to rub his face on my legs. Romeo wants to talk first. So he waits for me to talk with him.I always say:"Hello mommy's little darlings, I missed you today." Romeo always seems to ask questions he'll say "mrrrt?" I will say to Romeo"How is mommy's little lamb chop, have you been a good boy?" Romeo replies "mrrrt? Before I scoop them up for kisses, Romeo follows me saying "mrrrt?""mrrrt?" It is so funny and cute! Romeo always does that when I talk to him, he's so silly. Sammy on the other
    wants to skip the small talk, and right down to the kisses and hugs!

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

I think I have the two chattiest non-Siamese cats ever. Although, strangely enough, Boo has become quieter since Bettie's arrival. That's not to say he's a quiet cat, just that he's no longer driving me insane. Bettie, however, has decided to take that hobby up.

Seriously, these two are unbelievable. Often it's cute, but not at six in the morning.

I've got a Meezer, Snowy, and man can he talk!

When he wants something his word is: magow! (but phlemy)

Today, he started talking and Caprese, my lynx point foster, started answering!

They had a chat with her, and then, since Cappy seems to be in heat, Snowy mounted her! (he's fixed and God knows what he thinks he's going to do)
    He kept on falling off one side, while holding her neck, and then he'd get back up.

So, now she's pursuing him, thinking he might be her best bet around here.

Sorry, Cappy, no one's got the goods anymore around here.

Raven doesn't make a peep. But Ron actually has a language. He has this short "Mrout" that means hello. Then he has a "yeooooooow" that means feed me. His meow to go outside is different. And then of course, he has his mean sounding hiss to get rid of Raven or the dogs when he's grumpy.

My Cats as Cats go are fairly quiet. Roca is an oriental Short Hair and she has an od meeow , more like a ROOOO Rooo! Michael has the perfect little Mew Mew, JJJ3 has a rouusing Meeeow , when the Temptation pouch come out. Moose the Magnificent , the big Maine Coon has a tiny kitten meeow! BoBo is the eldest and most vocal of the Siamese , Mrrrrow! As I say though , for the most part , considering there are 13 Cats , they are fairly calm and quiet.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blueberry will meow very loudly if he wants to play. But only if he wants to play or if he wants something. Or else, I guess he's pretty quiet.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Slushy is very vocal. One single meow.... but a hundred times a day and sad to say I don't think me or my husband have fully figured it out yet---kind of like a baby crying...sometimes we will pick her up....nope not that --- this time. We will feed her----nope not hungrey, play with her----only to get attacked....

Dawn is quiet but I don't think she can get in too many words with Slushy around.

Molly seems to be more on the verbal side...still getting to know her sweet personality.

As I've mentioned before, my Katie girl is a real talker.
    Meows when I get home. when daddy gets home, when she is in a different room away from us, when she is hungry, when she wants attention, when we go to bed and the lights go out and especially if I'm in the washroom with the door closed. She hates closed doors. You can actually carry on a conversation with her. It's amazing. I swear the only time she is quiet is when she is sleeping.

Mooky and Chipper are fairly quiet. Chipper meows, if you call it that, as it comes out more like a squeak, when he wants a drink from the tap in the washroom and Mooky when I am getting ready to feed him.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I think that my Inka is the chattiest cat in the world... . Oh my, that cat can really chat, beg, blabber, etc....! When she thinks it is time to go outside, she yells so loud it is really working on my nerves....! In fact, she is trying to teach Maya; her daily talk-lessons are paying off, as Maya starts chatting too now! it is with a very high thin voice, but she is talking! Good, he

Ally is extremely vocal. She has a different noise for every occasion. Her favourite at the moment sounds like she is shouting "No"!!! She sits under the sky-light in the entrance hall and has a long conversation with herself. I think maybe she likes to hear the echo - like someone is answering!

If we are all busy in the study and she wakes up from a nap on her kitched chair, she will walk around shouting until either she finds us or one of us goes and fetches her - she hates to be on her own!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by lut
    I think that my Inka is the chattiest cat in the world... . Oh my, that cat can really chat, beg, blabber, etc....
    Felix is becoming like Inka then, he really has an opinion about everything nowadays. His fave thing to do is to go on the the hallway that leads to our bedroom and meow there, because of the great echo

Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
    Felix is becoming like Inka then, he really has an opinion about everything nowadays. His fave thing to do is to go on the the hallway that leads to our bedroom and meow there, because of the great echo
    LOL!! They would make a great couple then

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by lut
    LOL!! They would make a great couple then

would you really listen to them chatting all the time? Poor ears