Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any OH, PA, NJ drivers willing to help some sad hounds????

She seemed pretty confident that it would get filled. She is going to help me with the transport I need too, so I hope this gets done.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Well, if Pam doesn't mind the dogs staying outside all night, it looks like we might have three four legged visitors Saturday night. My husband gets off work early enough on Saturday that he can make the run to Pittsburgh. We'll use our two cages for two of them and tie one on the porch with use of our doghouse. Our dogs will be a little confused about their cages being gone but they will soon get over it when they realize they get to sleep with us.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

You are a doll!! Have you emailed Pam?

Mugsy, yep, I e-mailed her. They will definitely be here Saturday night.

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

You are the absolute best!!!!

Mugsy, YOU are the absolute best.... see how you & Mike have inspired so many others with your open heart and home

From what Molly has been telling me, Beth may not want to let these pups go any further after spending all night with them! Sounds like the trip has been quite the adventure, which Molly will fill us in on, but she says the pups are super sweet

An adventure it was indeed! Kim Scott had a flat tire and she wasn't able to get ahold of me until 9! I had to run up to Martin, MI to get them. But that's okay. It was so worth it.

So it wasn't until noon that I was able to get the dogs to Molly.

I got pics of the two sweet pups. Glad they got to Beth's okay!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

The Hounds are here!!!!

The hounds arrived safely at our house. These two are adorable!!! I will have to get pictures tomorrow morning when it's daylight. I was greeted immediately with tons of kisses. It's amazing how loving 007 was after everything he went through. After spending a little more time with him you can see that he has the saddest eyes. You don't have to know his story, you can read it in those eyes.

Poor Moses had a little tumble. My husband was driving down the road with Moses sleeping away in the passenger seat. My husband had to make a sudden stop and Moses fell on the blankets on the front seat floor, flat on his back. The poor gallut (sp?) couldn't get flipped back over. My huband had to help him up. And James Bond would poke his head up between the seats. Roger had his arm straight out on the steering wheel and James Bond would rest his head on my husband's arm. One trucker tooted his horn at Roger. A whole lot of people waived and smiled at him. Roger said he would keep both these guys in a heartbeat.

Mugsy said that her husband had tried to do something with the keyboard on their computer and now it doesn't work. She'll be on as soon as she can to tell her part of the story.

Roger wanted me to add this part.
    Fuel . . . . . . . . . $35.00
    Toll Fee . . . . . . . .$1.50
    Driving time . . . . 7 hours

Being a part of making sure these dogs get to a safe place . . . . . PRICELESS!!!!!!
    Last edited by Stenograsaurus; 09-27-2003 at 07:48 PM.

Re: The Hounds are here!!!!

Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
    Fuel . . . . . . . . . $35.00
    Toll Fee . . . . . . . .$1.50
    Driving time . . . . 7 hours

Being a part of making sure these dogs get to a safe place . . . . . PRICELESS!!!!!!
    Ain't it the truth!!! Good call Roger!

Ok, here's my story. Kimmy called us when we were on our way up to meet her and said that Kim hadn't met her and what should she do. After, what sounds to be a most interesting adventure, Kimmy finally got a hold of Kim only to find the flat tire story. So, Mike, who had to go to work at 3, had to be driven BACK home (which was about 45 minutes) and then I had to continue on my own. Kimmy and I met up at almost exactly the same time at the outlet mall (dangerous meeting spot). I picked up the dogs and headed on my way to meet the strangest woman that ever walked to earth to drop them off. They are the most precious things. Beth is right, James Bond has the saddest eyes and they tell the story of his awful life. Well, when I got to Toledo I met the people at the parking lot of a church because they couldn't figure out where it was that I wanted to meet them. OMG!! Well, they went on their merry way to drive all the way to Pittsburgh to meet Roger. I started home and got on 24 and was almost killed because a trucker wouldn't let me merge and I had 2 lanes of oncoming traffic to avoid while making sure that moron didn't take off the front end of my van. Then I had to follow him for the better part of an hour while he continually slammed on his brakes to make me stop. After that the trip was rather uneventful, but, this was the MOST stressful transport I have done, but, it was more than worth it to meet these precious babies. I'll see if I can post the article about their story. Ok, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It was hard to get a good picture of Moses because he's a typical hyper puppy. This is the best I could do.

Moses:

007 "James Bond":

Yep, those are our babies!!! I wished I could take them home too. Isn't Moses the cutest pup you've ever seen? He is soooo soft.

Great pics Beth! I'm downloading mine now. I got a cute one of Moses sleeping in the front seat.

You are making me jealous. I couldn't find our camera to take pictures.

My work email has gone down.. Can anyone tell me if the pups made it to New Jersey okay?!

Here are my pics of the two sweeties.

007 James

And Moses:

And sleeping the majority of the trip to Indiana....