Thread: Hagrid

Hagrid

Congratulations on being POTD, Hagrid!

I too had Crows. When I was little a nest fell out of the Palm Tree in out front yard and my mother ended up raising three little crows. Murphy, Jessica, and Mugsy. Murphy was my buddy and used to cry WOO HOO when I'd go out to see them. They lived in a huge greenhouse that my dad converted to a pen for them. They were all disabled from the fall and so we kept them. ... On a funny note it wasn't until I was about 23 that my mother told me she had TAUGHT Murphy to go WOO HOO.... I had always thought all crows did that....

hagrid, you are wonderful. Such a handsome boy

You are such a lucky boy to have such a wonderful mommy

leslie
    Hi Ya Flintstone

Rockys fave saying

Good Morning, handsome Hagrid! Your sweet story of rescue, healing and love touched me so What a brave and courageous boy you are! It doesn't sound like you've let your "limitations" limit your joy for life or your family....o.k., so we need to work on Dad Many thanks to your family for resucing you and your siblings and most especially, for giving a magnificent creature such as yourself, the most loving forever home! Hagrid, you know I never knew Crows could speak "peopletalk!! Not only are you brave and beautiful but smart as well!!! Congratulations to you spectacular Hagrid, our very special, most deserving Sunday Pet of the Day!! Enjoy your day atop Pet Talk's "top perch," sweetheart!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hagrid
    What a handsome bird you are! I have several of your Kansas cousins who visit my bird feeder from time to time. I always leave some food out for them. I think crows are so misunderstood and quite beautiful. I am so glad you found a wonderful loving home to share your life with. Congratulations to a handsome fellow for being our special Pet of the Day today.

Well

I have to say, I have always respected crows, but not always liked them. It is wonderful that you are taking care of each other like you are. I know crows are smart, and I am sure he will increase his vocabulary. This is a very nice, kind story of caring.
    Janice - - - - -

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Thank you LAURA.....

Oh my! What a neat pet! I NEVER knew crows can learn to talk! I thought that was just a *parrot* thing! WOW! We sure do learn something new each day! How wonderful it is that your family rescued you and is taking fabulous care of you, as you are of them! Congrats on being chosen as our very unique and special POTD! I don't know what crows like to eat, but hope you get lots of treats on your very special day!

Usually cairn popcornbird

Janice - - - - -

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Thank you LAURA.....

A year ago I found a baby crow who had fallen out of his nest. We estimated his age at around 6 weeks.. He still had most of his baby feathers, and his eyes were still bright blue. He had a badly broken wing.

I had a really difficult time finding a vet for Crow. Most of them said that they didn't have the proper permits, or that they just didn't take wildlife.. the few that did still would not take any migratory birds. Many of them said that if I brought him in, they could euthanize him, but not heal him. I wasn't willing to let that happen. I finally found a vet the next day that would take care of him, and not make an issue of me keeping him (it is against federal law to keep a crow, even if it would die otherwise! What a stupid law.. it is possible to get permits to HUNT crows, but not to save them!) He spent a week there being treated for infection, but they couldn't save his wing.. it had to be amputated. Once he was healed, he had to have a permanent home, since he is disabled and can't live in the wild. I wasn't able to keep him, since I live with my parents, and they wouldn't let me keep a bird in the house, probably because I'm allergic to feathers.. it wouldn't have stopped me, though. Fortunately, I had a friend who has always loved crows, so Crow went to live with him.

Now it is a little over a year later, and Crow is a healthy, happy bird. We never did get around to changing his name (Crow was what the vet put on his prescription bottles, since I had not given them a name for him.. I wasn't going to name him until I was sure he would live), but he responds to Crow with a soft "caw" sound. He'll also make special clicking sounds for my friend (who is obviously Crow's favorite person), that we think are sounds of greeting. He communicates how he feels with different noises and postures.. but so far he doesn't speak english. He's still young, so he might learn.

I wonder how old Hagrid was when he started saying "hello"? If Hagrid's human reads this, let me know, ok?

Thanks for sharing your crow story!

Kelly

What a wonderful story you have, Hagrid! I think you are most handsome and definitely a smart boy!!!

Thank you to Hagrid's humans who love him and care for him. Hagrid, lighten up a bit on Dad!!!

What a marvelous love story. Congratulations to you, Hagrid, our Pet of the Day!!!

Blog Entries

Hagrid

Mew, mew Hagrid, you've captured my KatMa's heart today. One very special pet of the day has wrapped his wings around KatMa and she fell very deeply in love with you.

KatMa just loves crows...the smartest birds in the world according to my KatMa. We have a crow (called Lenore) who sits on the mirror in our front entrance hall. She looks so real -- but having a real crow as a beloved pet is just so awesome.

We're delighted to know your Mommy (and yes, your Mommy belongs to you) rescued you and your sibs who live outside. You're such a lucky boy -- living the good life.

Live long & healthy, happy & loved. My KatMa would love to caress your feathers, you handsome boy, and kiss you.

A very special pet is selected for pet of the day honours -- and you are that!

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Hagrid,
    Congratulations on being our POTD! You really deserve it. I look at you and think what a sad story. Yet also a very happy story as your mom takes such good care of you! Take care !

Re: Usually cairn popcornbird

Originally posted by janiceruth
    huh?

Sorry

I'm a lousy speller..."carrion"
    Janice - - - - -

Thank you LAURA.....