Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chicken had her kittens! *pics*

And, to be sure, I reread the whole thing again. I don't think I meant anything ill towards you by what I wrote, when agreeing with PIF.

And, Donna, I don't think this has anything to do with maturity levels. I am quite a bit older than Schleppy, and I declawed....really, I stick by my original post...if we want to educate, we can't bash.

Johanna,

I have deleted that post and am calling a truce. Okay Schleppy??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Just don't delete the whole thread (JOKING!).

Schleppy...come on back here....NOW!

Good Grief.. I don't usualy post here, but I do lurk quite a bit. Yet I feel I really have to say something. I have never been so disgusted by a thread. I understand that the majority of this forum is anti-declaw, as am I. However, I see that as no reason to judge someone. You may not see it as a judgement, but there is no other way to fathom a "shame on you". Most people do not like being judged, I among them. While it is fine to disagree with someone, I think it goes to far when you presume to judge someone. If you want to educate someone provide information not a guilt trip.

Originally posted by Cataholic
    PIF,
    We are in complete agreement with one another. Maybe I rushed to defend Schleppy because of my own guilt? I don't really know.
    Johanna,

What was done was done, I don't want you to go though life feeling guilty about your beautiful declawed cats.

What is important is keep on loving those tuxedeo kitties (& Binx)and continue to educating others, about declawing in the present day.

And post some more photos...

Originally posted by lishanicole
    Good Grief.. I don't usualy post here, but I do lurk quite a bit. Yet I feel I really have to say something. I have never been so disgusted by a thread. I understand that the majority of this forum is anti-declaw, as am I. However, I see that as no reason to judge someone. You may not see it as a judgement, but there is no other way to fathom a "shame on you". Most people do not like being judged, I among them. While it is fine to disagree with someone, I think it goes to far when you presume to judge someone. If you want to educate someone provide information not a guilt trip.

You know, you are relatively new here, and I think we have established the judging attitude is not the way to go. To come on and say, "I have never been so disgusted by a thred" is pretty dern judgmental, IMHO.

I think Donna saw the point, and made the appropriate adjustments....

One thing I really hate about boards is that they always attract people who are dissatisfied with their life that they take them out on other posters because it is a faceless crime.

Yes Moira was really immature in not getting Chicken neutered, but certain things in her life have recently spiraled out of control. And Chicken was given to Moira when she was two years old, so the first litter was not Moiras fault.

Yes, I personally think that declawin is a cruel and unneccessary procedure, but if the choice is ending up in a good home being declawed, or ending up in crap home, which would you rather.

Audrey just wanted to share the miracle of 4 tiny kittens and you attack, just admit it. Hell i'll admit that i am p***** off at some of you posters. And to call her immature is a far cry from reality, yah she is sensitive but who isnt when all these people who dont know all the facts jump down her throat saying that she is immature, and basically coldhearted because she will get this kitten declawed.

If you want to see immaturity, then talk to me, but do not say that Audrey is. The only person who this is really isnt directed to is Johanna, she said what im trying to say only a lot nicer

Ok, I can't even believe i'm going to post! Can't we be adults enough not to discuss maturity levels?
    Also, when someone posts a question that has nothing to do w/ declawing or spaying the topic 65% (if not more )of the time turns into that & nothing ever gets accomplished except the person asking a question feels bashed. If you think you change peoples minds by a conversation that's heated you are only fooling yourself. All that happens is the person will come in here & say whatever makes people happy. I won't get a kitty or a cat & I won't get it declawed. PLEASE they aren't being honest. They just want people to get of the topic. A topic i might add that wasn't even asked about!

Does anyone even know what the original topic was?

I've been on the bashed end of declawing & it's not nice in here. You use the word "educate" to judge people. As I have said many times before I would much rather see a declawed cat/kitten in a loving home over a cage or PTS.

Those of you who think people get upset because we're wrong on an issue. That is not the case. I get upset when someone makes remarks to belittle people in the thread because they disagree.
    I understand & respect everyones passion for animals! I just wish we could stay on the actaul topics posted so this doesn't happen.

The thing that makes me really sad about this thread is the fact that you honestly believe there is a good reason for your friend not spaying her cat. To those of us that have worked at a shelter or volunteered or even fostered. We've seen these "cute kittens" that get put to sleep everyday because people like your friend have "good reasons" for not getting them spayed. I've reread this thread and I still can't find this "good reason" you just say it isn't anyone's buisness. But it is our business because we are the people who have to look at "cute kittens" as they wonder why they live in a cage and how much it breaks our heart every time one has to get put to sleep. As horrible as I think it is that you want to declaw, I understand that when it comes down to it it's your desicion. But the fact that you think it's ok to keep bringing in kittens when so many have to die, that really hurts.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Ah, I don't think that is at all what Audrey is saying, Uba! BUT, she can't control what her friends do, and we don't know the whole story.

Audrey posted to tell us that she might be getting a new kitten.

Let's get back to that topic.

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    The thing that makes me really sad about this thread is the fact that you honestly believe there is a good reason for your friend not spaying her cat. To those of us that have worked at a shelter or volunteered or even fostered. We've seen these "cute kittens" that get put to sleep everyday because people like your friend have "good reasons" for not getting them spayed. I've reread this thread and I still can't find this "good reason" you just say it isn't anyone's buisness. But it is our business because we are the people who have to look at "cute kittens" as they wonder why they live in a cage and how much it breaks our heart every time one has to get put to sleep. As horrible as I think it is that you want to declaw, I understand that when it comes down to it it's your desicion. But the fact that you think it's ok to keep bringing in kittens when so many have to die, that really hurts.
    uabassoon, I searched out the original thread and finally found what she's so reluctant to repost. Apparently the "good reason" is that the "cat got out before it could be spayed." Sorry, but I've heard that before. It doesn't fly with me. Mine were both spayed immediatly. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. And, if you can't afford to spay, then you can't afford to care for the cat.

I know this thread is getting ugly, and that is too bad. They're such precious little baby kitties and the mom is beautiful. Hopefully, they'll all find homes where they can get love and the care they deserve.

I never got an animal until I had my own home to give to it. When you're living with your mom, you are not in a position to go out and get animals that your mom clearly does not want. I'm sorry. I know that may sound hurtful. But you are 18 and should be saving your money for college and your own place, not getting more animals.

Uabassoon- we never said that they were good reasons, we just said that she had her reasons and that she was stupid for it. And trust me, these kittens arent leaving until a good home is found.
    Cataholic- no its actually not, some things im sure i might have took the wrong way, but then again maybe i didnt, its easy to misunderstand when we cant see the body language and to hear to the tone.
    nodgeness- BRAVO!

Uba: That isn't what I said at all..Moira is my friends sister, I don't know her well I'm not going to tell her to spay her cat with all that has recently happened to her (personal matters)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by Cataholic
    You know, you are relatively new here, and I think we have established the judging attitude is not the way to go. To come on and say, "I have never been so disgusted by a thred" is pretty dern judgmental, IMHO.

I think Donna saw the point, and made the appropriate adjustments....
    Yes, it may be judgemental, and I willing to admit that, but I stand by my statement.

Btw, Donna's retraction came while I was typing my post, so the sentiment of my post was expressed before I saw the adjustments.