Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chicken had her kittens! *pics*

What are you implying?! YOU STOLE IT!! I knew it! You just HAD to have the garage addon didnt you?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

What are you talking about i found that blender box with Audreys house do not move written on it by the side of the road. I just had to take all the stuff out of it. I found it i tells you

RIP box

holy chicken! very very pretty mother! ...yeah maybe it's too early to say if they'll have long hair but lemme ask you, how old are they? then maybe I can say!

any more pictures!?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

They are one week old today. I think slleipnir took those pics thurs or fri, cant really member.

well..then I think...they probably have at least medium-haired. . .

slle: why can't you have a kitty from them?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Sorry, but I have to add my snippy remark. After working for a month at a vet's office where I get to smell the stench of skin and bone being chopped off with a laser and see the little toes and nails sitting on the operating tray, I'm MORE than entitled to an opinion!!

If I knew what declawing was and I wanted a kitten, but my mom said it would happen only if it were to be declawed...I'd move out, educate my mother on declawing and get a kitten once I could give it the home it deserved. Believe it or not...not EVERYONE declaws or will declaw those four kittens. You are NOT doing it a favor by "saving" it...

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

As far as getting off topic, I think it is sometimes absolutely necessary. I applaud the people who speak up for the voiceless animals. Many of us do shelter work and see terrible sights on a DAILY basis. I would like to see some of you go through that and then try to keep your mouth shut when you see something happening that could be prevented with some education.

With that said, I agree that bashing someone is not the way to go about it. I am sorry you felt attacked, Audrey. I don't want to attack you further. I just want to ask you to watch a video of a declawing procedure being done to a kitten. Or at least a video of the recovery when the kitten wakes up. It is one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life. I think that may change your mind about it.

I have 4 cats (3 of them under a year old) running all over my house with their claws. My furniture is all unharmed. I have some mini scratching posts downstairs and a big one upstairs. I've trained all the cats that is where they go to scratch. They actually like returning to the same place to do it anyway.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

AMEN KELLY!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Slleipnir worked in a vet clinic for 4 months-hmmm feb to june ok mebbe 5 months- so she has seen what goes on in a declawing surgery. Declawing is also pretty common here, so chances are they will get declawed or atleast one will.

And people for the love of God this post is not about declawing, you have made your points clear, but in the end its her decision. THE TOPIC OF THIS POST IS LONG OR SHORT FUR--for those of you who cant remember

Please figure this:
    There are currently living 6,8 Million cats (!) in German Households and all have their claws as declawing is (like in most European countries) illeagal...we even don't know "soft paws" over here...it's not that we're living in scratched mess homes over here, but it's just that we accept that cats come with claws...
    I have lots of friends having cats and dogs (no problem the cats have claws), I have friends with cats and antiques (no problem the cats have claws), I have friends with cats and kids (no problem either)...do you think you have different cats over there than we have, or why is it that declawing is no issue here?!

I think even if you would have only No-Kill Shelters (like we have), do you think the declawing would stop?! Lots of you argument that rather the option of having a cat declawed is better than having a cat euthanzied is what you make accept declawing...do you think the attitude would change if there would be the option of having a cat declawed or having it in a No-Kill Shelter!?

Still I think there's no real reason for this procedure...unlike spaying/neutering (which was also mentioned as a surgery on cats) declawing doesn't serve the cat, it only serves the humans...

I feel so strongly about this issue (and most of the European Pet Talkers do, too), because we live with our cats and their claws...and it works!!!

Please again, I don't want to offend anyone, but I still wonder why some people just live with cats and claws, while it is such a huge problem for others...
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Originally posted by bisi.cat
    do you think you have different cats over there than we have, or why is it that declawing is no issue here?!

Please again, I don't want to offend anyone, but I still wonder why some people just live with cats and claws, while it is such a huge problem for others...
    I think the world is spilt into three sorts of people:-

1: People who has little or no knowledge about Declawing but Declaw following vets advice or because they simply thought it had to be done.

2: People who have been educated about Declawing issues and are against Declawing.

3:People who have been educated about Declawing issues and are still for Declawing.

---------------------------------

Type one person needs educating on the problems disadvantages of declawing. This will prevent kittens being spayed and declawed at the same time, as a routine operation.
    I DON'T BLAME ANY CAT OWNERS WHO HAD/HAS CAT(S) DECLAWED BEFORE THEY UNDERSTOOD THE PROCEDURE.

Type two people are perfect just the way they are

Type Three people know the problem of declawing but seem to think the potential problems caused by Declawing won't happen to their cats and that declawing is essential. Though I have observed that often no concrete reason is given as to WHY this is so necessary. (Is spending 5 minutes training a cat to use a scratching post such a problem ?)

This thread is a perfect example, despite having no need to declaw a cat, that is probually what will happen (though I hope we don't hear about it)

But sadly until the USA making Declawing illegal, these type three people who know the facts and still want to declaw,will still exercise their right to torture and mutilate innocent cats, until this right is removed by law.

All we can do is educate Type 1 people, try to educate type 3 people (and often fail as these people know the facts and still want to go ahead with this procedure) and hope the USA will ban declawing sooner rather than later.

PS. Removing a persons fingers at the first knuckle is a description of torture & mutilation in my book. Just because the vets will charge to perform this action on a cat, doesn't make it right.....Remember even hitmen charge !!!!
    Last edited by PayItForward; 09-22-2003 at 11:27 AM.

lol..Ok. Aly, I don't need a video, I've seen it done many times.

Also. You ppl seem to think I'm all for this. Like I'm over joyed at doing it. Like I couldn't care less for the safty of my cat. Your wrong. Maybe you should know how much I truely love and want cats..When I was a kid, I ALWAYS wanted a kitten. My dad doesn't like them so I could never have one. When I was a little older, my mom said I could have one. I was so excited by this new. So, for my b-day, my mom and dad always got me to write a list of things I want. So in huge letters I wrote KITTEN!!!! Thats all I wanted.. I didn't care if I didn't even get anything for x-mas..I found out later I couldn't get one till I got Smitten. I will admit at the time, I didn't know anything about declawing. I was just happy to have my kitten. I didn't know anything bad could happen. So, she is declawed.

I don't like how you ppl use 'educate'..I know a lot about it, so please stop using the word. My dad even printed more stuff off for me. I read it. However it didn't mention anything about 'stretching' problems and what not. Just that its a pointless operation and isn't a good thing. It has health risks along with it, but what doesn't?

Moving out isn't an option. My cats will be better taken care of if left at my moms. I know I couldn't afford a place right now and have pets.

I am not 'for' declawing. I don't like it, and its not something I'm proud to do. I do think/know it will cause pain to the cat unneccessarily. However, I don't think I'm being cruel. I feel if the kitten would go to a good home, not be declawed, then its better for it that way. Unfortunatly, I know ppl. When I worked at the vet clinic, there was a lot of cats being declawed. Its more then likely it gets declawed anyway. Or, it be discarded like an object when its not a 'cute kitten' That will never happen. You ppl only seem to see one side of this, and its your side. I can go over and see your point, but you WON'T see mine. You don't want to, or even try to understand mine. Why can't you just think of how well this kitten will be taken care of and how much it will be loved? Isn't that really the most important?

I'm finished with the topic. Pay says "This thread is a perfect example, despite having no need to declaw a cat, that is probually what will happen (though I hope we don't hear about it) " when this topic wasn't ment to be anything but about those kittens. So, its not a perfect example at all. You guy brought it up, not me. You refuse to step in my shoes, so why should I step in yours?

We only have one shelter here, and unfortunatly it is a kill shelter, so bisi, whenever that happens maybe I'll change my mind.

When working at the clinic, a new vet came in. She showed me this other way in which she declaws. The other vet does the usual, taking the scalpal and cutting out the nail at the first joint, then glueing the paws. She however, did it a little different (now, I'm not saying this is any better) but instead of taking out the whole joint, she just cuts out the claw and the part which makes it grow in) which yes, still removes the claw, but is a bit better.

Gina: Because of its long fur

I will post pictures of it when I get it. If this topic is brought up again, I will delete *yes, delete -shock-* the thread and move on from the cat section. If this topic means that much to you then I won't bother you with my kitten, cause obviously the subject is more important.

(and yes, maybe not all of them, or maybe even any of them will be declawed..that could be because the owners are too poor however..I guess it won't be fixed either..so another litter is brought into the world...or, maybe they will all get declawed, maybe only 2..who knows. So don't go telling me I'm not 'saving' it, you make it seems that the claws are more important then its life or happiness. You ppl say you work at shelters, so you know how many cats go in..So yes, I do believe I'm 'saving' it because it will never need a second home.

I'm done with this topic, if it makes you feel better to keep on posting about how you disagree, and how I'll ruin its life and make it so unhappy then go ahead. But maybe you can try being a little more open minded and see it from a different angle.

God forbid if he ends up like this cat..I mean, shes obviously in pain, suffering and unhappy..clearly a horrible ruined life. Yeaah. She is quite the oppsite actually. Very playful as well.

Audrey , Just nevermind what people say. I've learned you have to ignore most remarks from people on here and just remember the positive ones.

I hope you get your kitty, and even when you do, post posts of pictures. Don't let people put you down and if they are STILL doing it after what's done is done, then that's just them being immature. And, like I said, Ignore it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by slleipnir
    lol..Ok. Aly, I don't need a video, I've seen it done many times.
    Um....ewwww! You've SEEN it and STILL think its OK???? I gave you way too much credit before this...

I don't like how you ppl use 'educate'..I know a lot about it, so please stop using the word. My dad even printed more stuff off for me. I read it. However it didn't mention anything about 'stretching' problems and what not. Just that its a pointless operation and isn't a good thing. It has health risks along with it, but what doesn't?
    Educate...I personally used that word for you to share what declawing was with your mother. Is "learn", "teach", "tell" better? If you are offended we are saying YOU are uneducated and you really ARE on declawing...and you STILL think its OK. I still with my idea that you are NOT educated.

Um...what????? Your dad doesn't want to declaw it? Does he want to? I don't see why your dad would be printing out information for you, specifically. Is he for it and trying to convince you?

I am not 'for' declawing. I don't like it, and its not something I'm proud to do. I do think/know it will cause pain to the cat unneccessarily. However, I don't think I'm being cruel. I feel if the kitten would go to a good home, not be declawed, then its better for it that way. Unfortunatly, I know ppl. When I worked at the vet clinic, there was a lot of cats being declawed. Its more then likely it gets declawed anyway. Or, it be discarded like an object when its not a 'cute kitten'
    So, EVERYONE that will adopt those kittens will declaw it? Interesting...is that something that is "done" where you live? Everyone where you live has $300+ to throw around to be spent on cat abuse??

You ppl only seem to see one side of this, and its your side. I can go over and see your point, but you WON'T see mine. You don't want to, or even try to understand mine. Why can't you just think of how well this kitten will be taken care of and how much it will be loved? Isn't that really the most important?
    OK, your side...
    "I want a kitty so much. The only way I can get a cat is to concede to what my parents say and I'll get it. Regardless of what it is, I'm willing to do anything to this cat so that I can have it and love it."
    Am I close???? We all know what its like to want something.

When working at the clinic, a new vet came in. She showed me this other way in which she declaws. The other vet does the usual, taking the scalpal and cutting out the nail at the first joint, then glueing the paws. She however, did it a little different (now, I'm not saying this is any better) but instead of taking out the whole joint, she just cuts out the claw and the part which makes it grow in) which yes, still removes the claw, but is a bit better.
    If this is the vet you are taking the kitten to for its declaw, please just have them do it the right way. This procedure almost guarantees horribly painful ingrown nails coming from the bone.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...