Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there East Coast - report in! :)

Hey there East Coast - report in! :)

I am about 10 miles south of Philadelphia and 50 miles from the Jersey shore and can tell you that we are definitely feeling some winds right now and the rain has been falling since around noon. The local news tells us that the worst will be between 11:00 tonight and 11:00 tomorrow. I have several trees in the yard and some woods behind me. So far there is only one limb down. I think it will be a long night as I can't sleep well during storms.

All you East Coasters report in OK?

well.... i dont know if im really considered to report in or not.. *florida*.. Hope all is well and you stay safe!! put up those hurricane shutters!!

Although we are the lower east coast kinda, we have been getting some winds.. i mean not much but we do have some effects from the storm.. or we will as the weatherman says... lol Stay safe! Report in as you can!!

I was just wondering the same thing Pam.
    I hope all of you are doing ok, looks like some
    places are getting some pretty rough weather

Please report in if you can people!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm in the tail end of the hurricane, so that's not so bad.

They said the electricity *might* go out again because of it....I sure hope not!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I've been wondering all afternoon. They may not know we're posting....they may not have power.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Getting really windy here...no rain yet...still waiting for the worst
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Well NJ sure was spared but the poor folks in NC and VA! We have lots and lots of branches and limbs down, especially in the woods behind our house. One very old tree has two huge limbs snapped, with the limbs still hanging on by threads. I guess chainsaws all over the area will be put to use this weekend all around the area. Fortunately that was our only problem (and the mess of junk that was beaten out of the trees and is now in the gutters that were just recently cleaned out ). How are you folks in Ohio and New York state doing?

Our part of Ohio saw nothing. It was a beautiful night.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm glad you reported in Pam. I was thinking about you and
    K9 Karen this morning. Good you still have electricity and that those tree limbs didn't come crashing through the roof or anything. Whenever there are these protracted storms I worry about timeframes for potty breaks for the dogs as well.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I sure hope my dad is ok. He went to North Carolina this week. I'm not sure which part he went though.

I can't believe the company he works for sent him, down there when they knew there may be a hurricane coming. He is suppose to get home today.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Right now it's raining pretty hard and the wind is picking up.

The worst of the storm won't be arriving in Southern Ontario till noon. They expect up to 100 kph winds and flooding in areas before it is over by tonight. Hopefully the winds and rain won't cause too much damage.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Central Pennsylvania reporting in--not bad here!!
    We got some rain, and it still is raining (not enough to flood our basement, yay!), and it's windy. A few small branches were down in the yard this morning, but it was heaven for the dogs--new branches to play with!!!!
    Abbey's a little spooked by the wind, but we're all good here otherwise.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

How scary this must be!!
    Once in my life, I witnessed a tornado from VERY close! We were making a trip around Lake Michigan (it was in '84, I think), and suddenly, the sky turned grey, purple, red, all scary and very dark. Our car was moving and almost blown away, although we were satnding still! We saw the ttonado pass above us; next day we heard that it had touched down only 25km from where we were.... !!
    I was scared to death, but NOT my husband; he even was about to get out of the car to take a picture, but I didn't let him ; he still feels so sorry for not having a picture of that "beautiful purple" sky.... Men...............

It's not to bad here (as I sit here soaking wet)

It's raining alot but not to much wind

I just took the dogs for a walk am about to serve myself a nice cup of hot Coco.

Ash

ps: Dont' tell my dad about the walk, I've been sick latly and can only imagine a few chioce words he would have for me
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Reporting from the northeast corner of Connecticut: we were very lucky. It has rained buckets and it's still raining but no high winds so far.
    Because I lived through the '85 hurricane, Gloria, which made land fall right here, I was quite concerned about this one. At that time, the top of a huge oak in my backyard was broken and fell on the roof of the garage where, by the way, I had a brand new car. It didn't damage the car but it shaved off a corner of the roof. I had my first Golden, Natasha, then and I took her to the basement where we stayed for a long time while we could hear the noise of the wind and the branches breaking. My red-head girl, who was never afraid of anything, couldn't understand what we were doing sitting in the basement by the light of a hurricane lamp. The electricity was not restored for a week.
    So, I feel very grateful for not feeling the brunt of the storm this time and hope everybody in the East and Canada is safe.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..