Thread: just wanna say hi to all my fellow animal lovers!

just wanna say hi to all my fellow animal lovers!

hi everyone! I'm so excited to have found this web site! I have rescued quite a few pets - bunnies - cats and dogs - anything that needs a home! And my husband is still here! haha - right now I have one wonderful rottie - Sheeba and one cool cat - he's a seal point persian who thinks he's a dog his name is " The Mokes" and a long living mutt - *he's over l5 and still seems to be a puppy! His name is Bert. The Mokes rules around here and sometimes we swear the rottie is afraid of him!

Welcome to Pet Talk Shotzi, "Mokes" and Bert!! Sounds like you're going to fit right in here!! Looking forward to getting to know you and your family! Do you have any pictures you can share with us?? We love pics!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Welcome to PT shotzi!

Sounds like your a sucker for any animal Good thing your husband loves you so much! J/K!!

I too am a rottie owner. I'd love to see some pictures of Sheeba, Bert and The Mokes if you have any to share!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

huge : Do I have pictures? haha - yea - as many as I have of mykids - oops maybe a little more! Wow - Angus is cool - as all of the others! I prefer rotties but love all others too! I am also a horse lover that is very very poor haha so I have to go and help out at the local horse rescue cause I can't afford to own my own! We just had our l3 yr old rottie put down and that was so hard - I loved her sooooo much! She was a rescue also - she came with so many physical needs - not to mention emotional! She really changed our lives at this home and we miss her so much!
    I will figure out how in the heck you post pictures and share with you - man I love this website!

oops - I forgot - I loved that saying of earning the love of an old dog - those are my absolute favorites! the old ones! They have so much wisdom and love!

Mine too, Shotzi!! They touch my heart like no others! Sorry I forgot to mention Sheeba in my welcome! Forgive me Sheeba!!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Welcome to Pet Talk!!
    Your babies sound just wonderful!! I too, am a rottie momma, although just for a week now--we rescued Jada from the spca last week--she is a doll. I also have a Shiba named Kito, a beagle named Abbey, and a labbie named Riley---AND--my husband is still around too!!!!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your gang, and hear many stories about them!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

haha - Sheeba forgives you - she's so sweet - she wouldn't hurt a fly (except for the mean german shephard down the road - but we won't talk about that!)
    How do you stand it to go to the shelter? I just can't get myself to go - I always cry and wanna take them all home -
    The Mokes really rules the house - Sheeba will do anything to please that cat and the cat knows it! haha - The Mokes is the aggressive pet in the home! haha - if he sees a dog - he's right thee in thier face - nothing else just sits down right up against them and stares em down - the most peculiar thing - it drives Sheeba nuts!

oops - I forgot - I loved that saying of earning the love of an old dog - those are my absolute favorites! the old ones! They have so much wisdom and love!

Welcome, Shotzi! You're going to love it here. The people are awesome.

I get upset whenever I go to most shelters, too. I get so shaken up that I'm in a bad mood for the entire rest of the day. My heart just pounds and pounds. Before I go to the shelter, I get so nervous I almost get sick! But it's worth it to get a perfect canine companion.

The shelter in Iron River, MI is awesome. I work in I.R. and when I wanted to get a dog last time I couldn't find one at our local shelter, so I went there. It's an old schoolhouse way out in the woods. They bring the dogs outside all day on nice days - when I got there they were located all over the grounds - some were chained to doghouses temporarily, and some were in outdoor kennels. The kennel had no foul odor, and the dogs were all so happy. Their kitties weren't in cages, either. They had little hammocks hung up in the windows, and the kitties were sleeping up there and all over on pillows when I got there. It was wonderful! Just thought I'd share - not like anybody on Pet Talk lives close enough to me that they can go there.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

oh Toby looks just like Coco - my older kitty - she was put down last year! Coco didn't have any white at all - but boy do they have the same look about them! Did you get her there at the shelter? That shelter you described to me sounds like a dream that I have deep down inside - I'd love to have a rescue!
    I live in pa - so that's pretty far to go to that shelter! haha
    I try to get mine from the papers - or strays - people think that because there are woods all around the animals can be just dropped off here and servive! Makes me so mad!

We got Toby from the local shelter, not from the nice one in Iron River.

I know what you mean about people dropping animals off. We used to live out in the country in Kansas when I was a child, and people would dump their dogs out there all the time. Before we moved out to the farm, it had been abandoned for a while and there was a pack of wild dogs living there. I vaguely remember what they looked like - they had very short coats and they were medium-sized. Their ribs and hip bones stuck way out and they had big fat ticks all over them. Except one - she was a malamute and very pretty. My dad said they were "vicious" and shot all of them except for the malamute. We tried to keep her as a pet but it didn't work out.

People think that because they're animals they can make it in the wild - what they don't realize is that there are already wild animals out there using up all the resources and they end up fighting with coyotes, etc. for food! Even if they could survive by hunting, there's not enough food available for all of them.

Gosh darn rednecks.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Welcome Shotzi! You might want to move this to dog general because that's where a lot of people go. I hardly ever come in here. And, we'll be expecting pics to be posted soon. We love seeing everyone's furry families.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

thank you everyone for this wonderful welcome and I will try the other forums too! And I will try to figure out how to get somepics on this computer - ugh - me and computers! Again - I thank you all!

How do I download pictures on this site? I'm looking - but can't seem to find what to do - help