Thread: Temp dog sitter/care taker needed!! (in Ottawa-Carleton area)

Temp dog sitter/care taker needed!! (in Ottawa-Carleton area)

If there is anyone in Ottawa (or near Ottawa) thats willing to care for my Max for several months, please speak up. I'll be paying for all his food & medical bills. He has everything he needs, & the sooner u can take him the better.

My dad is moving to PEI & my mom has turned evil & wont take him. He gets along great with other animals (including small ones) & children.

I'm planing on moving into a 3 bedroom townhouse, as late a jan (we want to really move asap, but were still waiting on 2 jobs).

I'll buy Max's food & drop it off to your home.

If you go on vaccation, or u plan to go away for a weekend, I can have Max here for the time ur gone. I'm just not allowed to have him here for good.

Please call Jess @ 836-3160 leave a message with Rob only.
    Thanks, Jess, Rob & Max

I know you're really in need for someone to look after Max, and even with how much I do trust PTers -- I would NEVER be able to leave Simba and Nala with someone i've never met or visted with before. That's just me though. =\ I hope someone is willing to look after him for you. Do you have any friends that could?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

There is no one else!! I have to atleast try to find someone. & when I do, Max will be chipped & all of us will take a trip to the vets to explain whats going on & I'll be getting a contract made up. explaining they're only care takers & the dog belongs to me blah blah blah.

I'm running out of options here. If I don't find someone to take him in, & if rob's mom goes psycho & says no, then he will be but to sleep!!

I'm only talkin about a few months here, not years. & I'll know for sure if hes being abused, I've seen him act funny when hes been beaten by my sis (who no longer can be with him alone).

I'm sorry I'd rater try to save my own dog, rather then kill him.
    To me, killing him isn't an option.

Why can't you board him somewhere?!?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Why can't you board him somewhere?!?
    I was just going to say that. I'm sure theres a good boarding place near you.

If you can't find anyone, I hope someone volunteers to watch him.

Aw, I'd take care of him if I could..too bad you weren't in PEI now lol..Good luck finding someone! I might considering looking into boarding like Kay said..if its the only option it could be the best

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

but that means he'd be in a pen outside. Last time he was borded, his face was torn up so bad it took over a year to fully heal. Max tried too hard to get out & ended up cutting his face up. The also told us he stopped eating after 4 days. Max needs human contact & can't be left outside. Max has lived on a couch & lazyboy for his whole life. I don't want him slipping into depression & becoming too ill. Max is too sensitive, thats why he has special needs.
    But I will call his old vet to see if they have a special foster'er that take him in temp. I'm also gonna go to the shelter I use to work at & see if one of the managers will take him temp. They loved me when I was there for the week, I helped find homes for 2 of their harder cases. & I taught them & proved to them how well the halti works. Jasper had been there for 7 months & never was able to go for a walk (psycho puller), the halti fixed him in 2 days.
    I'll see if they can even use him in a training program or a nersing home type program. But I'll make it quite clear , hes still my dog & I'll pay for all his needs.

If you could somehow get him here..I'd love to take him for a bit but that's probably not possible

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

ummm... I'm sooo not going to BC... heheh I don't want a BBQ dog heheh