Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Went feral "hunting" again!

Went feral "hunting" again!

And we caught four kittens!!! Looks like my dream to foster has become a reality!!

(These were the kittens from my mother-in-law's work place.)

We did a walk through first, before we set traps, and there was mama cat with her four babies. We walked up, she ran away and we grabbed all four!

We set six traps, five with food, one with a carrier full of her kittens. I really, really hope she'll go in so we can fix her.

While we were there, we saw another cat/kitten that was Hermie's age/size. That was most likely the litter before these ones. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we ended up filling our traps... (cross your fingers)

My father-in-law says there are two mama cats there, and there has to be a male somewhere too.

So, I'll have four kittens that need homes in two weeks...they're about four weeks old right now. Two gray and white, two tuxies!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW

When are you gonna post pictures?!?!? I WANNA SEE THEM!!!

You are doing such a good job! Hope you can catch momma kat!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Great job Kelly!!!! I hope you can find homes for them. If I were closer you KNOW I'd take one. Good luck trapping the others.

Please keep me posted!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Are we going to get to see pictures?

I wish you all the luck in trapping the kitties and finding them forever homes.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

Good job, Kelly! Hopefully you'll be able to get the momma kitties - and the daddy! There just has to be at least one daddy around, and wouldn't hurt to get him/them too.

Good luck and can't wait for pics of the babies!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

there was mama cat with her four babies. We walked up, she ran away and we grabbed all four!
    This made me giggle......HOW SNEAKY!!!!!!!! ..... But great work.

UPDATE:

Three of the four are polydactyl!! I've never seen Hemmingway kitties in person, so its really neat.

I held two of them this morning and wiped dirty little eyes. These little babies are so dirty...where they are white, they are all dirty gray. Poor things. They'll get a bath tonight.

One of them is a really good eater. He ate the two servings of kitten food and lots of KMR. The others aren't eating much, if at all, but are doing well. I know they'll be able to be rehomed.

We did catch another kitty, but it was that Hermie-age one. Its a girl and she got spayed today. She'll most likely end up being a "barn" kitty for my inlaws. She sure is a cutie, but is VERY scared of people. I guess she was really thrashing around in the cage this morning.

I'll give more updates....AND pictures this evening.

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to trap some of the kittens. I just saw their pics in cat general and they're soooooo cute. Hopefully you'll be able to trap the two mothers and get them spayed too. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Yea for Kelly!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Great work Kelly!
    Paws and fingers crossed that you can get the Moms, and the Dad, next.
    Good Luck!

Today's update:

My mother-in-law caught a large, black tom this morning. He'll be fixed on Monday morning. I really hope we get all these cats and get them fixed. That would be so great!

The kittens are doing really well today. I got my stubborn one to eat. She started licking my knee, so I kept a flow of KMR there and she ate that way. The black/white kitties like to suck it off my fingers, while the other gray/white only wants the wet kitten food.

Aly, at 4-5 weeks, they can go potty on their own, right? The mostly black boy hopped into the litterbox just as I left to come here and pee'd on my mother-in-law's couch last night.

As for the others, we separated them at first, so they'd bond to us (so we can rehome them) in carriers. Each had a towel to snuggle up to and most of them seem like there was kitten pee dried on them last night.

The gray/white that eats the wet food, hasn't gone poop yet. I'm a little alarmed, only because I'm not sure how fast they do that after eating. He ate about a 1/3 a small can last night, this morning, he had about a 1/4 a small can...maybe less.

Should I show the others the litterbox? Maybe that will help?

UPDATE:

The kittens are doing really good! My stubborn kitty is now eating lots, but only when I feed it to her. That is so endearing and she's fast becomming my favorite. I'm thinking of calling her Phoebe.

When I went to feed them this morning, I found my little black boy covering up everyone else's poop!! What a sweet little thing...AND, they all POOPED! That makes me feel much better.

I'm off to PetCo and then its bath time again. These little guys sure get dirty!!

I'll add more pictures sometime today.

Kelly,

I am SOOOOOO proud of you!!! You're doing a wonderful job with those babies! Kittens are very easily placed. I'm glad you're keeping us up to date on their progress. Pictures please

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

MORE pictures!! :)

Timothy, after his second bath since Friday...

All wrapped in a towel, with mama cat (me!)...

Timothy, walking towards me in their closet...

*Please ignore the condition of that room/floor. They've gotten KMR, wet food, water, dry food (RC's "Baby Cat", isn't that cute??) and litter ALL over the place!!*

Emma, right after her bath...

*Poor thing keeps getting eye crusties, even after getting her eyes wiped a few times a day with eye wipes and water soaked cotton balls. She'll be getting eye goo from the vet tomorrow!

Emma, climbing on David...

Almost dry, Emma & Timothy...

Emma & Timothy, hanging out with David...

MORE pictures!! :) *part 2*

Phoebe, snuggling with the carpet cleaner...

Phoebe, playing with a belt...

Watching the others tackle each other...

A top view of Caleb, playing with a mousie...

Caleb, walking past Timothy...

Caleb ("standing up") and Phoebe, wrestling...