Thread: Moving to Las Vegas, how pet friendly is it?

Moving to Las Vegas, how pet friendly is it?

I was wondering if anybody here is or has experience as a pet owner living in Las Vegas?

I'm hoping that maybe somebody would have advise about places to take the dog, what's the overall attitude about dogs (are people dog friendly), what are the leash laws, etc...

I'm moving from the bay area and it's super dog friendly here, and I'm wondering if Las Vegas is any bit the same.

Thanks for sharing!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have."
    -Margaret Mead

Hmm..I've been to Las Vegas twice. But not the neighborhoods. I drove through them once, and some were nice, others were trashy. I did see one or two loose dogs though. My guess would be like any other place. There are dog lovers, and those stupid people who treat them like dirt. Good luck!

In the main part of Vegas, the strip, main drive, etc. Not the friendliest in the world, but that was years ago....so who knows now. The out skirts of town are fine....but of course that will depend on what area your moving too.

The Laws are like most big citys....have to be leashed at all times and stock up on plastic bags. You'll need them.

I wish I could tell you about places to take your dog .....but I'm sorry I never really did that. The dog I had at the time was not a car dog.....so we didn't take many rides toghter. Just getting to the Vet was a job.

Good luck in Vegas....I hope you like it there. Stay away from the Black Jack tables. lol

oooo.... I LOVE Las Vegas!!

I have an aunt who lives in Las Vegas. She doesn't have a dog, but she does have an 18-year-old cat (as well as some koi fish). I know she loves her vet, and she's talked about him/her (I can't remember which) doing a wonderful job. If you want, I'm sure I can get the name/address/phone # of the vet for you

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr