Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

Hello.

As you probably know, we have a cat named Pumpkin. She's a 5-6 year old Calico, and we've had her since she was a baby.

She's recently started peeing on everything She pees in my plants, on clothes, on furniture...anything she feels like peeing on. We've taken her to the vet and know that it's not a medical condition that's causing her to do this. She used to do it only when she got mad at us for something, but now, it's become a once week thing.

The litter boxes are cleaned twice a day, and she always has access to them, so I don't see any reason for her behavior.

Help.

She needs to be checked for an UTI. Get her to the vet!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I agree with K&L, have you taken her to the vet for this recently??? It really does sound like a UTI.

Cats also seem to pee if they are distressed. Have you had anything new happen in your house in the last few weeks?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Cats also seem to pee if they are distressed. Have you had anything new happen in your house in the last few weeks?
    I was wondering if maybe she didn't care for the new G. Piggie?

I agree, have her urine checked by a vet, it's very likely it's UTI. I had the same problem with Luna a while ago (and have it again now btw) and we first thought it was stress-related because we had just moved. If I would have had her checked a bit earlier maybe my guest bed could have been saved! But when the vet found out it's been struvite crystals, she recovered very quickly and the peeing thing stopped - till now!

Kirsten

Blog Entries

Pumpkin needs

a UTI right away! This is a serious condition and the smaller the animal, the more dangerous it is. Go to Vet NOW.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Re: Need some advice

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    We've taken her to the vet and know that it's not a medical condition that's causing her to do this.
    since you took her to the vet and know it is not a UTI, I would assume they checked that out. Then I agree with zippy-kat that maybe she doesn't like the new G pig. Did it start about the same time?

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings