Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neighbor complaining about cat noise

Do you think they'll let me register her just after they've received a complaint??

UPDATE:

Just spoke to the neighbor. I went down to give her my phone number so she can call us instead of having to get dressed and knock on the door. She was very nice and had lots of smiles for me, appreciated my note and had a two page letter waiting for me.

I'm hopeful that this can be a non-issue eventually. Something makes me still a little anxious (like the date on her letter - something very legal about that) but I think she's happy to know that I'm not TRYING to be mean.

So, some progress.

Now...a scheme to get my girlbaby registered....

Originally posted by Soledad
    ... But now I'm afraid they'll reject me if I
    try to register since there has been a complaint.

So I guess Bettie is contraband for a while.

Now...a scheme to get my girlbaby registered....
    Suggestion:

Don't be TOO quick to dash to the office to fill out the "registration"
    forms for #2!!

IF you get "caught" with #2 - I'd play the old
    not MY cat game...
    a) she's a FOSTER Kitty - just living in "temporarily".
    b) "just found her outside" (yesterday)??
    c) You Heartless Heathens - I just "rescued" her from outside you office!
    .. She was half-starved & crying for attention!

Or the Less Than Bright Blonde approach...
    OMG! *I* didn't know that EACH Kitty had to be registered!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Soledad, this sounds like good news. Take it slow and easy....a day at a time. I mean I wouldn't exactly rush to bake her cookies or something

If it was me, I think I would wait a bit before registering your new kitty. Let the embers cool a tad. Since she just complained to management, it would be tough for you to approach them right away with another kitty.

Good luck though - you sure are trying.

Oh my god, I was in a panic after reading your next update, but thank goodness for this last one! I hope things keep improving.

The management person seems slightly jaded and cynical. Sounds like she needs a change of career
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Yeah, I'm gonna take it slow.

I don't think it's a good idea to register the cat. Thankfully, the landlady is a bit of a kook so I'm hoping she'll forget about this by the time I do decide to bring it up.

The lady downstairs referred to herself as an animal lover who has no qualms about the pets. Just the noise. She says it sounds like a bowling ball over head. I can almost hear it myself.

She also expressed concern over keeping the cat in the bathroom. So, I don't think she's cold hearted or anything.

And I AM trying hard. Because I love Bettie Blue so much and the thought of not having her with me is just...heartbreaking.

P.S. Gini- the husband suggested doing what you PMed me about.

Phew soledad, this sounds like it might well be resolved, a tricky situation.

It appear's that your neighbour is an animal lover, so that is good new's, believe me I can understand what it is like having sleep deprivation for almost a year due to disgusting neighbour's who had parties nearly every night of the week, It almost drove me insane.

I think your approach was sensible, and gosh it is hard to keep kitties from making noise, and you are doing your best, I really hope this all work's out for you , or maybe you will just have to come on back to lil ole NZ lol.

But seriously I hope you can work something out amicable to both parties.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️