Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patches is missing - prayers pls

Patches is missing - prayers pls

My outdoor cat Patches is missing! She hasn't been home for food for two days! Usually she dissapears a bit during the day, but always comes back to the house at night, but for the last two night she hasn't come home.

Of course I have checked with my shelter, but she hasn't been handed in. (The shelter does a weekly Radio spot with a lost dog and cat, and animals up for adoption, and I pulled some strings to get her listed this week, so I am hoping someone hears it and brings her home).

She DOES have an annoying habit of going to the neighbours and crying pitifully until someone feeds her, so I am really hoping that she has found a better home - maybe someone who will take her inside and give her the life she deserves.

I have also checked all the waste ground close to the house, plus all the surrounding roads, and the dead animal pick-up, but no sign of her.

I feel so BAD that I moved her from her familiar environment, and now she has gone missing. Maybe another cat chased her away?

PLEASE pray that I find her - or at least find out that she has found another home where she can be inside!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Cats have an amazing sense to know how to survive...so don't worry, because they also have their very own mind!
    You've done what was possible finding her...you're probably right that she's looking for a new home...

Maybe she just explores the new neighborhood...
    I am sorry my words may be not that comfortable for you today, but you've really done everything possible...and of course I will enclose Patches in my prayers and hopefully you'll find out what's on with her!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Oh dear, I'm so sorry that Patches went searching...... hoping she will find her way back home soon!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Could you look around your old house? She may have gone back, kitties do that sometimes, or is it too far?

Tomorrow is the weekend here, so I'll drive slowly along the route to my old house and see if I can spot her. I REALLY hope she hasn't tried to return there - she would need to cross a busy highway and I honestly can't see her making that kind of journey - she is extremely overweight and lazy too!

I am having some photos printed this afternoon, so tomorrow I can put ads up at the local shops / vet etc....

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Dear Lord, Please watch over Patches. She is in unfamiliar surroundings and needs guidance home. Thank you.

Best of luck in locating Patches. Sometimes the right thing to do turns out to be wrong in the long run, but we all know that the motive was good. She may just be feeling out her new territory.

I am afraid it is very likely that she tried to find her old home. This is very common behavior when cats are not very attached to humans -and I remember you said that she was the boss over there. I send my best thoughts that she can make the journey safely!

I'll say a prayer that Patches finds her way back to you!! It might be worth it to take a ride by your old house. I hope and pray that you find her.

PLEASE keep us posted!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The worst thing to me is the not knowing! When Moose The magnificent disappeared , I wont constantly go to the window 60 times a day to see if he had come home. I put his favorite food out , only to have the neighbor Cats eat it . I prayed at my church , then one day there he WAS! A little thinner , but the Prodigal Cat was home! I will pray for your little Patches to find his way HOME! Catmandu and Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'll pray she comes back soon - safe and sound.

From Decker with Love

Prayers are on the way for you and Patches. My former stray cat, Grandma, disappeared for almost a year once. Then one day, she was back. She has recently moved in with me and the cat boys. I couldn't stand the not knowing where she was any more. Wishing you and Patches good luck.

If your old home isn't too far away - and even if it is, I think it's very likely that Patches has gone searching for that. I hope she has a safe journey and you'll find her soon.

When you go looking, remember to take her favourite food along!

Very best of luck finding her safe and sound!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Please, Patches, come home...prayers for a safe return.

Try not to get too upset yet. We've had ferals that stayed away for a couple weeks. Don't give up yet!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Prayers for Patches