Thread: To Dr. Mathews We go!

To Dr. Mathews We go!

Tommorow at 5 o'clock Simba has an appointment to get his annual shots and stuff. Im going to ask him about his ear and ask him what i can get to clean his ears. and if he has a solution for a reasonable price that my father can afford then we're going to get it. I allready talke dot my father about this and he said it sounded like a good plan and she agreed with me that Simba needs his ears cleaned. Simba loves going to see Dr. Mathews. He meats 2 legged and 4 legged friends there. Last time we went we saw a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback that i just fell in love with, also an older yellow lab. Everytime i say Dr. Mathews to Simba his tail goes crazy and he comes and jumps on me like of lets go get him!!!
    Also i trust Dr. Mathews alot because i have known his son ever since i was in like 1st grade so i am very close to the family.

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: -*BaSim*- ]
    ]{/-\'/ /-\/\/ /\/ &
    $[] []\/[] |3 /-\

KayAnn, have you ever thought about being a VET? I don't think I have ever seen a young person love animals - dogs - like you do. I think you would be a wonderful Vet. Good luck to Simba on his visit to Dr. Mathews.

Good luck Simba!! Glad to hear going to Dr. Matthews is a fun outing for you! Hope you have lots of good doggie sitings!! Good plan for Simba's ear, KayAnn! Fill us in on the details. Sandra, Star and Cody

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

yes i would love to be a vet, but, one thing .. i would be sitting there crying with the person if i had to put a dog to sleep. I could never put an animal to sleep. I think ill stay with being a groomer or a trainer. Or opening a doggie day care.
    ]{/-\'/ /-\/\/ /\/ &
    $[] []\/[] |3 /-\

KayAnn, I hope everything will go well tomorrow at the vet's with Simba. And I think that you would make a wonderful vet. As you get older, you will probably feel more of the compassion of helping a sick animal out of its misery, and less of the scared and emotional thoughts of having to put it to sleep. You would be a wonderful veterinarian....don't give up that thought, just yet. OK? I wish I had studied harder and not been so intent on getting married...I think I would have thoroughly enjoyed the job of being a vet.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be with animals, and everyone you're with will be better off having met you. Just like we are!

Logan

KayAnn your vet may prescribe some sort of medication for Simba's ears if that is indicated, but also ask about an ear cleaning solution which you can use for regular ear care. The one that my vet has is appropriately named Vet Solutions Ear Cleaning Solution. It "cleans, dries, acidifies, deodorizes, and contains aloe vera". I've been using it with Tucker who as a cocker has typical problem ears. If I clean them once or twice a week with this stuff, it really keeps his ears healthy. An 8 oz bottle lasts a long time as you only use a small amount each time. Also don't forget to ask your vet to demonstrate just how to clean the ear. I use the cotton squares instead of a cotton ball, and I've been able to find them at the dollar store. Sometimes I use a Q tip as well. It is a good idea to use a dry cotton square as well to dry out the excess moisture after the cleaning because otherwise the dog has a tendency to rub the clean ear on the dirty carpet. (We need an icon for *frustrated*)

Oh and I agree with Logan...."everyone you're with will be better off having met you. Just like we are!".

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]