Thread: I can't find a rescue shelter to take my stray...

I can't find a rescue shelter to take my stray...

I called today and everyone says they are full.

They said I can call Pet Smart and see what rescue groups are coming out and see if they will adopt her out. But she is so dirty and skinny.. I don't know if people will be able to see past that to see what a SWEET kitty she is.

Eric won't let me even bring her in for a little while just to help her get cleaned up and have a place to heal after I get her spayed...

Does anyone here think they might could take her in? I will drive as far as I can to get her where ever.... I want her to find a good forever home... she is such a sweet kitten...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

That is so sad. I can't believe he won't even let you clean her up. Why don't you go to petfinder.com and see if you can find some rescue group in your area that may be able to foster?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

same situation

Hi Sarah! I am in a similar situation. I on the other hand am moving and I could not find a shelter that would take in my strays, especially the kittens. I have emailed the shelters I could find but they're either not accepting animals at this time or could only offer me to euthanize them. I agree with the previous post to go to your local petsmart or petco and talk to the person in charge of the adoptions. I did that also, I am hoping to at least bring over some of the kittens to at least have a chance in finding a home. Thinking about them is driving me nuts already. I guess the best that we could do is to advertise them at petfinder or newspapers and hope for the best. Meanwhile you have to convince hubby to at least let her/him stay for a while.

What do you mean by "let you". It's your house, too, right?

What do you mean by "let you". It's your house, too, right?
    isn't marriage wonderful!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

This is soooo sad!!!

Isn't it an honor that in this huge big world this cat has chosen your home, so your husband should open the door and his heart to let her in!!!

Although we're not actually looking for another cat (because Nellie isn't really fond of others cats company) we would never ever turn away a stray coming to our house!
    It is really so special when they've chosen you to be the one to take them in...what's wrong with one more cat...three cats really isn't that much...
    Please, Sara's husband take this chance to add someone special to your life!!! You'll make a cat very very happy and of course YOUR WIFE!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

This is sad! Can you tell me about the kitty??

Wish I knew people in this area for cat rescue, but we have only been involed with dog rescue/transport. We did help transport one cat, but I don't recall who it went to. Will have to check my records and see if I can get you a first contact.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Originally posted by Fuzzy317
    Wish I knew people in this area for cat rescue, but we have only been involed with dog rescue/transport. We did help transport one cat, but I don't recall who it went to. Will have to check my records and see if I can get you a first contact.
    Forgot the cat transport was last year. I might have the info at home. I am at work right now.

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Sara, this is so sad. I sure hope that you'll be able to find someone who will help you. I sure wish that your husband would let you clean her up and get her spayed so that it would be much easier to find her a great forever home. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Here is a page listing several cat rescue groups in GA.

Georgia Cat Rescue Groups

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I hope you can find a good forever home for the stray!!

I would take her in , but I have Scrappy 2 and Elizabeth to take in and get them used to the other Cats! and Ontario , canada is a pretty far drive from Georgia! Best of Luck finding her a Furrr Ever Home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

originally posted by Amber
    This is sad! Can you tell me about the kitty??
    She is grey with a little tabby stripes on her,,, and has THE MOST BEAUTIFUL green/silver eyes. She loooooves to be petted and will stand on her tip toes when you scritch the top of her head... She meows every time I bring her food out and whenever I sit down to pet her for a while she will walk all around me rubbing against me. SHE IS SUCH A SWEET KITTY. I don't think she is a year old yet... I would guess she is about 6 - 7 months old. If you would like to take her in please let me know.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Poor little kitty!

Sara, that's just awful! I do hope you find a good forever home for your little stray.

Bisi.cat - great argument! Your services could be used to convince wary husbands and partners that an additional cat is a good idea

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.