Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dead Cone

Will they ever grow hair do you think.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Originally posted by Randi
    Gini, we have them here too, they're all over. Little blond girls are carrying them around giving them nosekisses.
    Randi, that sounds sooo California! Are their belly buttons pierced and their cracks showing? Hmmm, could be some kind of cult - we should be careful.

Uhhh Gini, I've only had a look from their backside, but I WILL investigate further - will have to wait for the sun to come out, though - I fear they'll freeze in the cold and I've heard rain won't do them any good. Could be a long term project.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

While I was walking to my building across the parking lot this morning I spotted a quartet of what appeared to be 'seniors' in their pen. Apparently their Dad brings them to work with him occasionally, and had a nice "cone friendly" environment set up for them to enjoy the sunshine and get plenty of fresh air:

Can anyone tell me what type of cone they are?

Originally posted by micki76

Can anyone tell me what type of cone they are?
    free range cones!

lol
    I was leaving a David Bowie concert when my cone followed me home. As I left the parking structure
    i came close to a line of cones...one crept under the truck ...when i pulled up to my friends house he got out of the car- i backed out of the driveway-there he was!

I was amazed that he was able to hang on for the 12 mile journey home. Streets and Freeway!!

He had run away to become a star in Hollywood. But ended up with a job at Universal Studios, working in the parking structure. Although his dreams of working in the film business were shattered, he now leads a safe, sedate lifestyle in my yard...
    -------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

This is Coney. My pet cone, and I believe I should be able to bring him on the plane with me."

Jonza has the answer!!

http://www.studio16a.dk/odds/conehockey.jpg

Oh, no, that's no TRAFFIC CONE, it's my chapeau!!!!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-29-2003 at 07:29 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I did it!!! I rescued a poor lonely bumb cone, I named him Carl. Poor guy was hanging around on the street corner with a metal pole up his butt, filthy dirty. It was late at night so I offered to take him in. He didn't answer me, he just kina hung there looking sad and desheveled.

When I brought him home, both MooShoo and Shortie greeted him and looked at him like "WTF???"

Here he is. I'm going to give him a bath and clean him up a bit. I hope he likes it here.

I'll bring him to the outing at Findlay Park on Sunday so you can all meet him.
    Last edited by moosmom; 08-30-2003 at 10:23 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

oh dear.i have two cones in my basement that have been sitting there since my dad started teaching my brother how to drive.do you think they might be lonely?have i been neglecting them?at least they have eachother,but im worried.is a basement a suitable habitat for a cone?
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Well, Debbie, this may help answering your question about determining the gender of your cone. (It seems that there are some cones that try to copy human behaviour in order to infiltrate our society.)

The George Michael Cone

This is George Michael Cone lurking outside a public toilet. It has been suggested that he is waiting to attract the attention of a passing policeman, so that he can expose his true alien cone nature.

George is not displaying the usual male white reflective markings around his middle, because he is in drag. He has cunningly disguised himself as a female cone to improve his chances of snaring the prey.

(By the way, I notice that the toilets are only open from 9am to 6pm, Mon-Fri. Isn’t this when everybody should be at work? Not very practical!)

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Hi everybody,

Well, Carl had quite a rough night last night. First off, he was sore from having that steel pole removed from his butt. He enjoyed the bath (I let him soak a while). But the scars (both physically and mentally) are there and will never go away Poor thing is confused but happy to be out of the nasty thunder storms we've been having lately.

Here's a better picture of Carl, all dressed up. He's excited about meeting everyone tomorrow.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Hi everybody,

Well, Carl had quite a rough night last night. First off, he was sore from having that steel pole removed from his butt.
    Oh don't go too much in the details -I just cannot stand to hear about such a horrible abuse in detail. I am so glad he survived and is safe with you.

It is my hope that Carl has a wonderful weekend, being admired by many at the Dog Park Event tomorrow. Perhaps he can forget his humilition of just a few days prior. He looks so handsome in his tux, but isn't he a tad overdressed for the event tomorrow?

Oohhhh you guys are absolutely wonderful for saving those magnificent cones!!!

I loved the pics...what a wonderful way to show how rewarding it can be to rescue a neglected cone.

Carl you are stunning in a tux!!

Did everyone see my latest cone additions? Here's Lady and Nebo with their buddies.....the very rare breed of "German Shorthair Cone" and "Siberian Husky Cone." I'm still working on names.

Oh Donna! You are so wonderful for rescuing that poor cone. How can anybody abuse a cone so is beyond me. He looks wonderful in his tux.

I'm sorry to report that on our way back from Wisconsin yesterday, I saw a cone, dead, on the highway. He was most definitely dead because his bottom was ripped right off and was nowhere in site. Poor cone, may he RIP. Is there a RB for cones I wonder? I bet there is, and I be he's up there with all his buddies having the time of their life confusing all the drivers up there. Traffic was quite heavy and moving quite fast, so there was no way for us to pull over (we were in the motorhome) to give the poor cone a proper burial.

But I was wondering how those big orange barrels are related to cones? Are they a distant cousin or are they a completely different breed altoghether? Just curious, because cones are so cute, but those barrels have a tendency of getting on my nerves.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I can't believe it!!!

I went over to my Mom's house last night to collect some stuff from the basement and what did I find in the corner?? A handsome cone that my Mom and Dad had rescued about 25 yrs ago. It hasn't grown much but Mom says he's happy and content. What more could we ask?? Yeah Mom!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I was on my way to run an errand and came across this......

Name:  359_zpsa252133a.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  103.7 KB

This made me laugh and remember the fun we had with this thread!

So what do you think?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.