Originally posted by Barbara
At that time he will be used to cats so he may be able to deal with Tigris wanting to use him as a scratchpost (Tigris is a nawteekat unfortunately ).
Oh, Barbara, when you mentioned this, visions came to my mind of all the times Coney might have been used by doggies as a substitute for a fire hydrant! Oh my poor Coney.
Pet cones are much more huggable than a rock!! Plus they are easier to dress up for special occasions.
Absolutely! I will have to get different seasonal outfits for him. Kinda like the people do with the geese on their front porches. Hmmm....maybe some of those goose outfits will actually fit him. I know it wouldn't be as good as real cone clothes, but it might just have to do until I can get my hands on some patterns to make him his own clothes.

And you'll all be happy to know that he was doing really well when I checked on him this morning. He was all settled in and almost looked like he was snuggling with my Corvette. I knew they'd be best friends. I'm actually hoping he doesn't get too attached to the motorcycle though, because that's for sale and I'd hate to have to break his heart when it comes time for the bike to go. But then we'll have room for the bicycles, so he'll have two friends to make up for the loss of the one.

I'll have to check on those rabies shots, Barbara. Does anyone else know what other sorts of "preventative" doctoring he might need? I'm just so new to all this and I just want to be sure and do everything right for him.