Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does/would your cat do with a REAL mouse?

Deirdre has the nickname/title of Deirdre-The Mighty Huntress-Queen of the Pennsylvania Serengeti - Bringer of Death and Destruction To All Rodents. Yes long I know. Sometimes we just call her the BDD. She seems to like it. She catches mice, shrews and chipmunks. She has never killed a chipmunk, always kills the shrews (I think they mainly die of an instant heartattack because of their high heartrate) and sometimes kills the mice.

One time we came home and there was something brown and strangly wrinkled on the middle of our king sized bed. My husband and I were leaning over from each side staring at it. At the same moment it dawned on us....ewwwww....mouse guts! But it was the Katiebug who came down with the tape worms about a month later.

Just last weekend we were outside with all four cats...within 10 minutes Deirdre had caught and killed 2 shrew in the vinca bed in front of the porch. She is so fast they don't even see her coming. If she doesn't kill them Brian and I take them away from her as quickly as possible. I don't like seeing them tortured and I don't want the blood all over the house. So we put a plastic cup under her mouth while I stand over her from behind placing my fingers in her mouth at the corners all the while saying...*Drop the mousie Deirdre drop it!* She is growling and stuggling but eventually drops the mouse in the cup and my husband takes it out to the woods for another chance at life.

Denyce

Both Max and Speckles are indoor and have never seen a "live" one.

Speckles seems to be more outdoor friendly because she loves the balcony. She'd probably go after a live mousie but she'd never catch it because of her *cough cough* wide girth and the fact that she came to me declawed.

Max on the other hand would probably sniff it then run and hide. He's such a wimp; even a gust of wind sends him under the couch.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Beau or Felicia have never caught a mouse. I don't think that I have to worry about them. I live on the second floor, and the only way up is by stairs.

I did have a cat that caught 2 mice, (I was in a first floor apartment). Each time the dead mouse was just inside the door. (Like the cat wanted to make sure I saw it.)

I had 2 cats and the mice were already dead, so I don't know any details.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana