Thread: Whoopie cushion + dog = BAD!

Whoopie cushion + dog = BAD!

Hee hee hee... my husband pulled out this whoopie cushion that he found while cleaning out our hall closet. Well, Lexi and Sasha were in the backyard drying off after their baths and Maddie was in the house. So I called her over and squeezed the whoopie cushion. Needless to say, she freaked out. The worst part is, after that we found a squeeky football for her to play with. This one happens to squeek really loud and high pitched... so I threw it out in the living room for her. Well, she never went to get it. Very unlike her. I saw her laying under my breakfast nook and she wouldn't come out!!!

I felt so bad. So, I called to her and she cautiously came out and I gave her the football ...once it squeeked she ran and hid again! Then she would sneak back out and up to the football and nudge it with her nose and it would squeek and off she was hiding again! One time she stomped on it with her paw and it let out a huge squeal and she took off so fast!!

I feel so bad now... I have completely freaked my dog out!

Hi Doggiemom,
    My dog Buddy had somewhat the same kind of
    first reaction to Squeaky type toys.He didn't
    run away but did want to check it out with
    sniffs after I stopped sounding it for him.
    Later I only had to squeak once and throw
    it to the livingroom floor and Bud was on the
    case.Attacking the toy and getting that
    noisy thing out of it.I believe he really
    thought the toy was an alien creature.
    P.S. Bud has pics(just a few so far)at http://community.webshots.com/user/lizbud4
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dogs are funny creatures... I think Maddie is getting over her fright now... she is doing okay with the squeaky toy... but she is still hiding under the breakfast nook...

By the way, I am going to add Bud to our Pet Talk page and also link your photo album to it as well. Is that okay?

here is the link in case you haven't seen it yet.
    http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html

web page

lizbud- i dont know if u had said this befor.. but what kind of dog is Buddy? To me he looks like husky shepherd mix.
    ]{/-\'/ /-\/\/ /\/ &
    $[] []\/[] |3 /-\

Doggiemom....
    Buddy and I would be honored if his pics
    could be on the Pet Talk page!!! Thank You.
    *BASIM* Yes !! Bud is Shep/Husky mix.
    The coloring (black & tan) of Shepherd &
    the body of the Husky breed.
    P.S. I also have 4 cats.,but have not got their pics posted yet.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I first got Fritz he didn't know what to think of the squeaky toys. Now he just attacks them. It was really hot yesterday so I put some ice cubes in their water. Fritz freaked out, he wouldn't go near it. What a strange dog I have
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Angel, do you have a scanner?

Liz, Buddy is a beautiful boy, and he has such a winning smile that I bet he can get away with anything
    Carina has always been very scared of squeeky toys. Some friends of mine gave her a couple for Christmas and the minute they took them out of the package she ran away. Very embarrasing

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
    <STRONG>Angel, do you have a scanner?</STRONG>

Yeppers! Let me know if you want to send me a pic

Lizbud, Buddy is a very handsome boy, I really love the photo of him laying down. He has ears like Daisy, love them.
    Jackie

Doggiemom, that was funny about the whoopie cushion, poor Maddie I'm glad she is over it.
    This is not dog related, but I had an Aunt who was in her eighties and when we were visiting her in New Hampshire we put a whoopie cushion under the pad on her rocking chair. Well she sat down and "you know what kind of noise it makes" well she just looked so angry and looked at her son, my cousin, who was well into his fifties and said "Herbert, shame on you, aren't you going to apologize, that was rude". Well we all burst out laughing.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Angel, that's really funny about the whoopie cushion and Maddie I bet Graham would be afraid of it also.

Lizbud, Buddy is SO beautiful. He looks like such a sweety.

Jackie, I remember when I was a kid my brothers and I would ride our bikes to a nearby prank store that sold disapearing ink, itching powder, stink bombs, fake dog poop, fake throw up, and of course whoopie cushions. I remember we all pitched in and bought a whoopie cushion and it lasted a week of 3 kids having a blast...when my oldest brother thought it would be funny to make it fart really loud...like it's never farted before...by filling it almost too much, setting it on the floor, standing on the arm of the couch, an then jumping off onto the whoopie cushion. Needless to say, the whoopie cushion exploded with a massive BANG and we then proceded to pick up all the pieces of rubber from our dead whoopie cushion

It was fun while it lasted

Oh my gosh, Jackie. I busted out laughing at your story. Grandmas are so innocent!!!!

Leslie, we were playing with the whoopie cushion last night again. Our friend and her two boys came over so we let them play with it. What is it about fart noises that is sooo funny! We were outside and everytime one of our neighbors walked by the kids would let the whoopie cushion go... my poor neighbors. We all laughed so hard that it hurt! Of course, the boys ended up killing our whoopie cushion.... he filled it up with air and then plopped down on it with his but so instead of a big fart noise it was a big pop! BUT, NEVER FEAR, HUBBY IS HERE! Duct tape saves the day Duct tape can do anything.

Of course the 'boys' (hubby included) had fun with the stink bombs too. He ordered a ton from e-bay and gave the boys a bunch. I have a 31 year husband - I don't need kids. I am raising hubby ! He is worse than the boys! Sorry to get off the subject..... I just ramble on!

Angel,

If you get this...should I include a last name on the package or is it ok to just address it to Ms. Angel? I did not email you because I was going to get this package out today from work and I figured your email address is your home email address, which means you won't get the email until this evening after work. If you don't want me to put a last name on your package then let me know if it'll be OK the way it is with just your first name.

Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
    <STRONG>Angel,

If you get this...should I include a last name on the package or is it ok to just address it to Ms. Angel? I did not email you because I was going to get this package out today from work and I figured your email address is your home email address, which means you won't get the email until this evening after work. If you don't want me to put a last name on your package then let me know if it'll be OK the way it is with just your first name.</STRONG>
    I'm sorry I forgot to give you than huh?

It's Angel Curran

Thanks Leslie