Thread: Such a bad start to the day

Such a bad start to the day

Tom called from his cell. A dog lying on the side of the street. He stopped to help it but she died in his arms. I called animal control. She had no tags, but maybe she was chipped. They were backed up and didn't have an arrival time for me. So I went to sit with her till they got there. I didn't want her to be alone. I was with her about 10 minutes when a family came over to look at her under the blanket I had put over her. They knew her. Their son went to get the Mom. The Mom didn't even know Ruby had gotten out. It is an extremely busy street. She was very very upset. It was so sad. We were all crying. The family took Ruby in the blanket back to the Mom’s house. Tom and I are taking a copy of the Rainbow Bridge over to them now. And a note telling them she was not alone when she passed, as Tom held her in his arms.

Then I went to join Ashlee, Nina and Wilson at the park and I found a feral kitten, then the Mom. So back in the car to get cat food. When I returned the kitten was hiding but the Mommy came out to eat. Now the task of what to do with them and how.

Not just our usuall doggie walk week end.
    Please say a prayer that RUBY made it to the bridge.

Thanks Tom and Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Aww how terrible. RIP poor Ruby.

Bless your soul for helping the kittes. you know you need some more kitties.
    I've been BOO'd!

I'm so sorry. RIP Ruby. I'm sure she got to the Bridge ok, but I'll still pray

It was so wonderful of you to help the kitties, I hope you will be able to care for them, or find them some kind of good care.
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

You guys are so sweet to help Ruby and her family. I'm in tears because I know how upsetting it is to go through days like this. You're wonderful for doing all that you did though. I will keep Ruby's family in my prayers.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

It's very sad that Ruby has passed. Thank yourself and Tom for help the family and poor Ruby. How they didn't know she had got out is beyond me though. I know where my babies are 24/7.

Let us know how it goes with the kitties.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

That's so sad. I removed a cat from the road one day and it died with me there. No one else stopped and I sat there crying like a baby. I wish people wouldn't let their cats outside. Another time, I had turned around to get a dog off the road and someone had already hit it. Why can't people be more responsible? Poor Ruby. I'm glad that She wasn't alone.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

You and your husband are so wonderful.
    You were their for Ruby till the end, and you were their
    for her family.
    Such a sad day for everyone involved.

----<---<--<{(@

short update.....we went over to take the rainbow bridge story to the owner, the neighbor said a red truck hit the dog, stopped and moved ruby to the sidewalk, then drove away. She was still alive, how could they just drive off? ........tom

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I can't believe they just drove away!! Thank you, Tom, for staying with that poor girl during her final moments.

Anything new with the feral kitties?

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

@#$*%$#- truck driver!!!!!

Tom, at least you were with her when she went to the Bridge, and she was not alone. At least she had warm hands and a kind heart next to her when she passed on.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

The Mommy cat is smallish, gray with a white chest. She is very cute. She will come about 10ft from me. No closer. The baby, only one for now. Is longish hair, black or dark dark gray. He won't come out at all now. Only saw him that first day. How do I get these guys? I'll worry about what to do with them after we catch them. So for now, I will just feed them. They are living in the blackberries close to where a water puddle forms from the park sprinkler.
    Katz

There are some humane traps on the market that you could buy to trap the kitties. Or possibly lure them into a kennel with food and then quickly shut the door?
    I've been BOO'd!