Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Portraits

Self Portraits

Thanks to PT, I've realized that after 17 years, I have no pics of me with Tubby. I mean none, nada, zip! So the other day I tried - tried being the operative word here. I gave the camera to Terry and held Tubby. This is the result.

It's certainly not the best of pics because it looks like I'm holding on to Tubby for dear life, strangling him almost, but I guess it'll have to do for starters. Terry took about 3 or 4, and this is actually the best one, and has been touched up even. So I guess Tubby and I have got some photo sessions to attend in the future. Then once I'm done with Tubby, we'll have to see what we can do with Peanut.

So do any of you have portraits of you with your sweeties? Ok, so not just portraits, but pics of you and the kitties. I know it's hard because I'm always the one taking the pic, and the self-timer thingy isn't too conducive to cat portraits.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 09-06-2003 at 10:13 AM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I think it is a great picture!!!! I have none of me and my cats. And I don't think any would look that good, but I should have some!!! Maybe you will be my inspiration!!!

Logan

I don't really have many of me and Shiloh at all. And I have none with me and Skylar I'm scared of cameras!!

I will work on setting up the cam on a timer though so I can take one of me and the cats.... after I take a shower and wash my hair that is!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    after I take a shower and wash my hair that is!
    Awww c'mon Aly, it wouldn't be you if you didn't have puppy drool or spit up on you!

And I know what you mean Logan. Someone posted a thread a while back that made me realize I have no pics of me and T & P and this is when I finally got around to doing something about it.....only took at least 6 months to a year if I remember right...
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

That's a great picture of you and Tubby!

For our Christmas card last year, we took a picture with David, me, Noah, Noel and Basie...it was a huge ordeal! We had to bribe them with turkey and treats just to come to us so we could grab them for one of about thirty pictures.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Debbie, that's a great pic of both you and Tubby. I do have two professional pictures of me and both Storm and Pepper and one of me holding Storm. I also have some non-professional non-digital pics of me with Sunny, Storm, and Pepper. AmberLee took these when she came over for her first visit. I also prefer to be behind the camera taking pictures so that I'm not in them.

Here's a fairly old picture of me holding both Storm and Pepper. Storm was around 2 and Pepper was 1 at the time. Seconds after the picture was taken, Storm leapt from my arms. You can tell that neither one of them are very happy in this pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Awww c'mon Aly, it wouldn't be you if you didn't have puppy drool or spit up on you!
    You know me too well
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That's a wonderful picture Tracey! They both look bright eyed and bushy tailed, and it's cool that storm is standing. I never thought of having it professionally done....have to give that some thought....
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

What a great picture!!!
    And I'm looking forward very much to seeing a picture of you and Peanut!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Great pictureS!

Oh I love these pictures!! I think this is a great idea for a thread. I am going to be daring and post one of me with Andy here. I was trying to get him to pose for a picture a couple of months ago. With Andy you have a window of opportunity that lasts about one minute for a posed picture. This was taken right past that one minute deadline! LOL!

Here is a candid shot that my husband took of Trevor and me. It looks like I am wearing a furry orange hat! Hope your computers still work after you view this.
    Last edited by Pam; 08-21-2003 at 06:37 AM.

Debbie, you look gorgeous!!! - and Tubby so cute. We have been waiting for this picture for ages!!

John and I have been trying to get a picture holding Fister, but not much luck yet, we have to be really quick!

Tracey! It's a great picture of you too, love your hair!! Storm and Pepper do look a bit incecure about the situation, but so very sweet.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Pam, I only just saw your picture now, you look SO good!! I can see Andy is struggling to get away - just like Fister. LOL!
    Wow! I love that second picture too with Trevor guarding you!
    Last edited by Randi; 08-21-2003 at 06:43 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OMG!! What beautiful pictures of you two!! Well, I guess that means I'll have to have someone come in and take a picture of me and ONE of my cats. I had one taken of me and Moo last year for my 1st annual Christmas Card. I'd love to have one of me Fawnie. Lemme see what I can do!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh I love this thread. I hate if someone is taking pictures of me but when there is a kitty I always look much more relaxed -I have noticed that with all of you too.

A kitty in the picture makes us more beautiful

There is no way to take a picture in which I hold one of my boys. Filou Superwriggler always wriggles himself on my shoulder

Wonderful PICS everybody!!!!!!!
    Great to associate a furkid with a face....fuzzy or otherwise....

Wow!!I didn't know Sweet Tubby was 17!!!he looks great!!!!

Pam,Barb,Tracey,Barb
    all great shots....love your abby kitty barb...abbys' are a particular fav of mine...along with siamese and callico...

Great Idea for a thread...let me see if I can find a decent pic of Maggie....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids