Thread: I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

I'm back from my grandma and papa's houseboat in Penticton. When we were driving there, you could see the Okanagan Mountain Park fire from across the lake. It was so smoky. You couldn't see the flames too much, but the smoke was absolutely horrid. We watched in horror as Wild Horse Canyon went up in flames. Then as we were driving, we noticed that Squalley Point caught fire as well.

I'd say that lastnight it was probably at it's worse. You could see the huge flames from the houseboat. They were so big. It was at 6300 hectares lastnight. I'm not sure if it got bigger or smaller, but the wind sure picked up so I'm guessing bigger. It has already hit Kelownas and Pentictons city limits. It's almost to Naramattas city limits. If it hits Naramatta, it will be the biggest fire BC has EVER seen. Right now, it's the second biggest, with the biggest being almost a century ago. So terrible. This morning you couldn't even see the lake. Pretty sad when you're on the lake and you can't see it. The bombers were flying back and forth all morning. They were right beside the boat. Aggh, my hair smells like smoke.

Here is my grandma's shi tzu, Tia.
    Itchin..

Wherever she went she always had a wet cloth on her head or back. It's just so hot lol.

Rub my belly!

There were soooo many ducks. They were very tame, they would sit there and eat out of your hand. They were so scared of the rats, lol, it was funny. We also saw some loons, and these weird black ducks with white beaks. There were so many nighthawks flipping about, and we saw tons of bats catching bugs.
    See the fish under the duck? Most of the fish in the lake died from the heat wave, so I was glad to see so many.

There were so many dogs, but I couldn't take pictures of them all. The next door neighbors had a cairn terrier/maltese cross who had three adorable pups with their golden pomeranian. They also had a border collie. I saw a doberman, lots of black labs, and this really sweet and calm fawn boxer. And this bloodhound cross that almost got to Frisco before I did lol.

And one for Crikit.

Hope you enjoyed my pics and story!
    Last edited by wolfsoul; 08-20-2003 at 05:15 PM.
    I've been BOO'd!

I bet the smoke was horrible! Welcome Back! I missed you...*tear*...lol. Tia is adorable.

Re: I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    And one for Crikit.

LOL

Glad you had a good visit. Tia's a cutie pie!

Thanks! LOL Micki, when I saw that ogopogo I couldn't resist. I had to take a picture!

Just watching the news. The whole Okanagan Mountain Park is gone. The fire is now at 11,000 hectares. All gone..
    I've been BOO'd!

The whole fire thing is terrible.

But the pictures are great. I was hoping to see some more though*hint hint* Tia is a cutie!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Lol, I don't have anymore pics.

I forgot to add something else that happened -- RCMP boats kept scouring the lake. We watched them going through the marine. They are looking for that dead body that went missing in the lake.

Oooh, and these teens were going to steal a boat but my grandma and I stopped them.
    I've been BOO'd!

So sorry about the terrible fire Thank you for the pictures.

OMG!! How cute is she?!!?!?!?!

Sorry about the fire...I hope you still enjoyed you trip!

Thanks.
    I've been BOO'd!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?

Re: I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

And one for Crikit.

Oh that's just evil of you EEEEVVVVIIIILLL I say! Ogopogo is evil. He just hasn't been the same since he got in the fight with Yeti, and to think it all happened because of a simple drink with Nessy honestly. Next thing you know we'll be finding out that the monkeys aren't really trying to take over the world but save it from the anteaters and we can't have that happening.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Re: Re: I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

Originally posted by Crikit
    Oh that's just evil of you EEEEVVVVIIIILLL I say! Ogopogo is evil. He just hasn't been the same since he got in the fight with Yeti, and to think it all happened because of a simple drink with Nessy honestly. Next thing you know we'll be finding out that the monkeys aren't really trying to take over the world but save it from the anteaters and we can't have that happening.
    LOL You're definatly right, we can't have people going around saying that the monkeys are saving the world from the anteaters. That's just ludicrous.
    I've been BOO'd!

Re: Re: Re: I'm back! *pics* (and some news about the fire)

LOL You're definatly right, we can't have people going around saying that the monkeys are saving the world from the anteaters. That's just ludicrous.
    Exactly Anteaters can't be evil because they help control the world's ant population which if left uncheck would start to use their incredible strength to rob banks and steal from bakery's. They would then use their loot to help bankroll the monkey's nefarious plans. Also I think Oprah works in to the equation somehow but well I'm starting to scare myself.
    Goonies never say die!

Oprah, huh? Yeah...she does look pretty fishy...Maybe if you rearrange the Name Oprah Winfrey, you will get a secret code that somehow applies to ants. I'm workin' on it!
    I've been BOO'd!

No Oprah is involved just because well she's the bane of my exsistence, she's the one that spreads the word to all the monkeys, cows, pigs and such in the world...it's all very subliminal
    Goonies never say die!