Thread: Merlin needs help

Merlin needs help

Yesterday as I gave Merlin his bath He had this yucky scabby stuff on his belly , So I decided to shave it so I could treat it. Well needless to say I kept finding it all over him. Called vet said it was the same thing hes had before . Well in order to get it cleared up I have to shave the spots. So now I have a very bald springer he looks moe like a pointer. But hes cold, I need sewing and knitted medium dog patterns.He has taken my fleece blanket over aand wraps himself in it and potty trips are really quick even though HIS snow is here. Thanks in advance for any answers.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Poor Merlin!

Tis Not the season to be without one's Fur Coat! Here's a prayer for a quick fix and a rapid return of Mother Nature's dog wrap!

Do you know what the skin problem is?

Try to stay warm, Merlin.
    /s/ Phred, the "Dad" to Cinder & Smokey

the Rescued & Adopted FurKids of *Phred*

{{{{Merlin}}}}
    I'm so sorry. Do you have one of those electric heaters that you can set up for him? Oh, or maybe hot water bottles in his bed to keep him nice and toasty. I hope his skin condition goes away and his fur grows back fast. Poor baby!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Oh Merlin! What a time to have lost your winter "wrapper!" Now, in addition to those extra blankies, toasty beds, doggie parkas, and hot water bottles, I think lots of extra, warm, warm hugs will help to get you through these chilly days. Get well soon Merlin. Lots of prayers are being sent your way. And here's a bucket of hugs from me....(((((HUGS)))))

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Merlin has very very dry skin (we thought the last round of lotins and pills fixed it) So if he gets any dirt or matted hair he gets these scabs on him I thought at first it =was allergys but alas no its I had been adding oil to his food and it was helping i thought . The scabs just weren't coming up to the top while I brushed him. Little stinker grew and didn't lose his winter coat last summer. it was so thick I had to shave him to get the lotion and shampoo(expensive from the vet) down to his skin. I feel horrible he is only cold outside and at night in bed . Piles all the couch pillows up and burrows up under them during the day. I've been looking at lots of sites but most want to sell me coats . I want to make one NOW I knit and sew if anyone has patterns PLease email me. Thanks Corinna Merlin thanks you too. He really likes my flannel sheets now.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Poor Merlin, I feel so sorry for him. What a place to be if you don't have your fur coat.
    I wish I could help you but I have no idea how to knit or sew. I guess the next best thing is to pile the blankets on. I'll be he does make quick potty trips right now. How about something warm to drink, but not sure what that could be. Be sure to give Merlin some hug from Perry, Daisy and me
    Jackie

Oh poor Merlin! I will search for some patterns but if I am unsuccessful, I know they sell pet jackets at a lot of pet stores. You could try something like that. I hope he feels better soon, poor lil guy!

I found this http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/kni...g-sweater.html
    Also you can always try ebay. Good luck in finding a good pattern to fit Merlin!~~Amy

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: wolf_Q ]

Gee, you are good, Amy! I too have been looking for a custom made dog sweater as the ones at PetsMart don't seem to fit my dogs. This one seems to be exactly the kind I need. Now I guess I will have to do some surfing to find someone to knit them.

I hope Merlin's skin condition is improving. What did the Vet dianose it as?