Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary

I ws just reading up about the Myth of Bloody Mary...has anyone ever tryed to "summon" her? lol. I think the whole idea of it is fake....but, what are your opinions on it?

I used to try to summon her all the time as a child.

The only time I ever got any sign that it was a true myth was when I was in my basement, and Me and my friend closed our eyes and turned around three times infront of a mirror saying bloody mary, and then a pair of red eyes poped up right in the middle of the mirror. It totally freaked me out so I never did it again
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Yeah, the thing where you turn the lights off, stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes real tight and say Bloody Mary like 5 times? Then you open your eyes and you're suppsoe to see a woman with a bloody axe?

Uh huh..I've done that. A big fat lie. I DID see something really scary though! Guess what I saw when I opened my eyes in front of that mirror.. Someone who loves dogs, has big blue eyes and a deathly scared look on her face with blonde frizzy hair! Ahh!
    Same thing with Candy Man. Stupid stuff.

Originally posted by Foam
    ]Uh huh..I've done that. A big fat lie. I DID see something really scary though! Guess what I saw when I opened my eyes in front of that mirror.. Someone who loves dogs, has big blue eyes and a deathly scared look on her face with blonde frizzy hair! Ahh!
    Same thing with Candy Man. Stupid stuff.
    LMAO!!

We used to do it when we were kids. I think it's a total myth.

We used the concept in our huanted house year before last....had a a piece of glass in front with a separate med cabinet behind. By changing a few things around, Candy man did appear. Our actresses essentially tried it for 10 nights, all night long andit never worked, expect by our special effects...

I actually have never heard the Bloody Mary myth (or the Candy Man)

Could someone fill me in?
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

Originally posted by apcrs5122
    I actually have never heard the Bloody Mary myth (or the Candy Man)

Could someone fill me in?
    here is a link for you to check out...

it is fairly interesting .

I think

http://www.mythology.com/bloodymary.html

enjoy
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I used to do that junk when I was little pretty dumb I think just some lie to scare little kids
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

I used to so it when I was younger. My friend and I took turns, daring ourselves, but nothing ever happened. Back then we blamed it on the light, but now we know better.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by apcrs5122
    (or the Candy Man)
    Candyman was a movie, where if you looked in the mirror in the dark and said his name three times he'd appear and kill you with his hook for a hand.
    I've been BOO'd!

Bloody Mary

And I thought you were writing about the cocktail. Dang.

The other Bloody Mary sure does bring back some memories of crapping my pants every time I passed a mirror. It is interesting how these things travel right around the world many times over until almost every child is touched by it in one way other another.

We also had local legends. One was rather funny ... there was a hill named after Simpson and his donkey (WW1 heroes). The kids, for some reason, used to freak out around Anzac Day (WW1 memorial holiday) because they thought he was an evil ghost haunting the hill. I'd have to laugh at it now, if Simpson was haunting the hill, he certainly couldn't pick a more boring spot and he wouldn't exactly be the Devil Incarnate!

Later on, we studied Bloody Mary in history, as in Henry V111's daughter and Queen Elizabeth 1's sister. She was a nasty one, the last rite of Catholic rule in England before protestantism took over and the Bishop of Canterbury started wandering around in frou frou frocks. It certainly took the wind out of the story's sails. Dang, she was just another boring historical figure.

The veracity of this legend will be forever in question, but one universal truth still remains. It really is not a good idea to mess with the occult - whether or not evil entities exist is irrelevant, as some have been known to go mad with fear. I have seen some rather weird stuff in my time and I'd never mess with it again.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I went to beauty school with a girl from Columbia. I was teasing her about the Boogie Man and she told me about Mano Peluda (sp?). Roughly translated it's the Hairy Hand that reaches out from under the bed to grab little kids legs!
    ~Kat

I'm not sure if I would ever try it...I don't like to mess with the "unknown"....whether it be true or not, I won't be the one to find out...

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    I'm not sure if I would ever try it...I don't like to mess with the "unknown"....whether it be true or not, I won't be the one to find out...
    lol me either.. im a chicken when it comes to stuff like that.