Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly things your dog does...

Both of my dogs love to plop down in your lap and try to fit themselves ontop of you. The only problem? They weigh over 75lbs .

Kato is the worst about it and doesn't care where you are or what you're doing. If you're sitting down (no matter how small the chair or space) he'll walk right up to you, put his paws in your lap, and pull himself up ontop of you. Normally, he runs out of room and either falls right off or one of his paws slips through a hole/the cushion/etc. I guess it's really not too funny until you see it.

Zariah has a tendency to race down the stairs just a little too quickly for stepping onto our wood floor. Whenever she comes down the stairs in a hurry she always slides straight across the floor and smacks right into the wall. For as smart as she is, you would think she would eventually catch on. But no, she still hasn't.

My dogs are absolute dorks. They have too many odd quirks to tell!!!
    Lauren [me], Kato [rhodesian ridgeback], and Zariah [rhodesian ridgeback]

...don't litter! please spay or neuter your pets...
    .each year in this country, millions of healthy, adoptable cats and dogs are killed because there are not enough homes for them all.

Originally posted by KZSlave
    I guess it's really not too funny until you see it.

Zariah has a tendency to race down the stairs just a little too quickly for stepping onto our wood floor. Whenever she comes down the stairs in a hurry she always slides straight across the floor and smacks right into the wall. For as smart as she is, you would think she would eventually catch on. But no, she still hasn't.

Nope - I got the image first time ......... for both of them.

LOVE Rhodesian Ridgebacks ............. any chance of PICS???
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Yep, here ya go Pictures . I hope that works
    Lauren [me], Kato [rhodesian ridgeback], and Zariah [rhodesian ridgeback]

...don't litter! please spay or neuter your pets...
    .each year in this country, millions of healthy, adoptable cats and dogs are killed because there are not enough homes for them all.

Another "Balloon Tail" ~

SmokeMutt here ~

Back before GranMom went to the Bridge , Dad used to stop atta store an buy a helium-filled balloon all painted up wiffa "Happie Birfday, Mom'z Day, Easter, etc" message fur GranMom...
    He alluz came out to the kar towin da balloon; and would shove it in an jest let it "float" round inna kar. NO BIG DEAL! I gotz purdy used to seein em comin an nebber paid much 'tenshun to em...
    We'd tie em to GranMom's big-wheel chair or her walker fur the day.

Wun Day Dad made the stop an kame out wiff jest a puffy baggie. (Turnz out he'd bought a balloon anna box of her favorite kookies; gurl shuv'd da balloon inna bag wiffa kookies...) Dad put da baggie onna floor an we gotz back onna trail to G-Mom's Village... mile or so latur IT Happened!

Dat Evil Balloon 'Scaped frumma baggie!!
    Floated rite up onna kar roof an started tackin me inna back seet!!

Dad sez I made ebery sound an noize I knowed how ta make... Grrrin, Howlin, BARKIN, Whinein, Yeowlin...

Then when we got to da Village; he tied da ballooney onto my neck-belt!
    Ya ebber try ta walk inna strait line wiffa Vishus Balloon bobbin round ober yer hed???

GranMom an allua nurses got a lotta laffs that day!

I finally got used to it and started to *prance around* when we went visitin - kuz EBBERBUDDIE noticed us!

Aftur that; I alluz got to *wear* da "Balloon of the Day" on vizits!

/s/ SmokeMutt
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh SmokeMutt - tears in my eyes from the vision of you with the balloon.
    ROTFL
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Oh Smokey I could just see you walking around with a balloon tied to you

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

are silky terriors good dogs?
    brittany lover of animals "if you love youre pet theyll love you back"

I just got back from visiting my sister in Arkansas. Her dog, Rascal, is EXTREMELY melodramatic. He's a little 3-month-old Heinz 57. He has learned that he gets a lot of attention by acting like he's injured. So if he barely bumps into something, or falls off the couch, or if you shake his paw or anything he'll start yelping continuously, very convincingly, until somebody tells him to knock it off. Then he'll smile at us and start racing around, waiting to be snuggled. I guess he even did it for the vet, who checked him out thoroughly and agrees that he's just a very good actor!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!