Thread: Boo and Bettie bickering

Boo and Bettie bickering

So I've changed the spelling of Bettie's name, but that's not the point of this thread.

The two kitties have been running around like crazy chasing each other and generally being very energetic and funny.

HOWEVER, Boo will occasionally pin her down and bite her.

Is this normal and should I continue to interfere and stop him? Or am I causing more damage by doing this?

And also, Boo is being very distant and aloof with me. Do I just wait for him to get over it or is there something I can do??

Otherwise, Boo is getting more exercise than I ever thought possible. This is a good thing since he's a pudge.

Actually it sounds like everything is going just fine on its own! Bettie will learn to defend herself, and Boo will learn his limits!

Boo is just punishing a wee bit for bringing home a new baby ... but he will soon admit that he really likes it, and be back to showing you affection!

Hang in there... and WHERE ARE THE PICS????
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I think Boo will finally get used to the idea. It already looks good that he's playing with her. We want pictures!

I think it's all completely normal. Don't know if you remember when Kelly, Noah's Mommy, started bringing more cats home, her Noah was aloof and standoffish too, but he has come around and is her lovebug again. So I'm sure Boo will come back to you.

As for interfering with them, if it looks like play biting, I wouldn't interfere, but if it looks like Boo is really trying to hurt her, then interference is necessary. She will soon get bigger and be able to defend herself better, and then both she and Boo will learn their limits. But for now I would only interfere if it looks pretty serious.

Patiently waiting..........(for pics that is)
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It sounds normal...

Tinky and Jupiter do that ALL THE TIME... they bite and even swat at each other..!! Tinky even growls and hisses... but as long as she is laying exposing her belly I know she is fine... just a loud wresteler!! .. But if Bettie runs off and hides then I would worry.

now... where are the pictures?!?
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Believe it or not, but I've trained all the kittens (Basie and Hermie) to cry out if they want me to stop the fights.

I did it by breaking up the kitty wrestling when the smaller one (kitten) would cry.

The reason I know I trained them is cause now they wrestle and Hermie (and Basie when he was young, wrestling with Noah) is super QUIET!! On the rare occasions when it gets too rough for her, she'll cry out and I'll pull one of them away.

It works, amazing, huh??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sounds pretty normal to me.

This sounds normal to me too. Now where are the pictures?

It sounds like their relationship is coming along well. A bit of biting during playtime is normal. Ours have developed little fighting rituals and kick and bite each other in different places, depending who they're fighting. Mini isn't a very good fighter, so he usually bites the back of the victorious cat's leg during the victory march

Boo will eventually come back to you. He needs to teach you a lesson first
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

As long as Boo isn't breaking the skin, everything should be ok. Give him lots of extra attention and tell him that he's still your #1 cat.

When Jan was young, Sid would occasionally give her a nip to let her know - "cut it out - I'm not in the mood to play just now".

These are not the droids you were looking for