Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyah- I'm a sucker for those baby bunnie faces

Tyah- I'm a sucker for those baby bunnie faces

After I finished my math and sent it out to the company we, me and my dad, went to the pet store to get seom Chicken Soup puppy food for Hunney, I'm a sucker ok? A big sucker. I was talking to Shella, the manager of the store and we were discucing the bunnies they had. She told me that the Sold red was getting beat up by the other bunnies, she showed me her whiskers which are all almost gone and her whiskers are all bent and stuff. Well she put the little baby in my arms and next thing I knew we were back home and getting her settled into the cage. I'm sorry, I know, I know. I wanted to save a life but I couldn't leave her there to be beat up on by those other bunnies! ::sigh::

Well, I am calling her Tyah (Tie ah) for now, and I think that will be staying her name.

So far she is really likes J but J is not to keen on the idea of having someone to share the bunny love (I was expecting this reaction just so you know, and I am NOT giving on them) Well J keep trying to bit her, they both were in there crates and there was enough room between the cages so they couldn't get each other but it was still kinda bad. Well I was petting Tyah and Julian at the same time, giving them equal attention and telling them both how much I loved them. Well, I had to stop petting J real quick to move Tyah's water and he came running up to the front of the cage like "BUT MOM! I thought I was your only baby". I felt totally bad! So I keep petting them both. Well J was like mom can I please have free roam now! So I took him to the other room to let him roam free and he started sniffing my arms really hard and I was sittin there laughing at him and then he bit me bad bad lil J!!!!!!! Woops, I totally forgot to wash Tyah's smell off of me! Well I felt bad, because he got jelouse, so I brought Julian into the living room and set up the puppy pen so we can spend some One on One time with just me and him and no one else. He seemed to enjoy it and even layed down right next to me. I felt bad that he got the jelouse.

Ok, time for questions. Litter box training. Tyah doesn't know how to use a litter box. So she goes where she pleases in her cage, the only thing is she tracks her pee all over he cage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

O, LOL, I almost forgot! I have some pics, my computer isn't working (on dad's lap top) so I can't post the other ones.....

Baby Tia, look how small she is!

Roaming the floor of the pet store

O please take me home with you!

Me holding Tia (can't see my face cause my hair was really really Puffy, lol)

Closeing her eyes

I'll post more later!

Ashley
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 08-11-2003 at 08:23 PM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh how sweet! Welcome home Tyah!

Congrats!

She's adorable

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Ash she is Soooo cute!!! I can't wait to see MORE pictures!!!

very cute bunnie!!!!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

SOOO cute! Look how she's the same colour as Nova
    I've been BOO'd!

Well you got a 2nd bunny...and you did rescue her! Babies are almost impossible to litter box train....they are young, incredibly active..and I think of them like a 2 yr old toddler....they are too busy exploring and having a great time to stop and go to the bathroom....same w/buns. You'll continue to have trouble until she's spayed....even then it takes another 4 wks or so after that for the existing hormones to get out of her system..... Spaying will calm her down, make her urine less strong in smell, save her from a reproductive cancer and make her more people friendly....But for now you are stuck. The only thing you can do is to control where she is allowed to go and I would not suggest you leave her out and unattended.

And J's jealousy is not to be unexpected. I would let them continue to meet through the cage bars and one day when you have a lot of time, bring them out together...with you sitting on the floor in the middle and one bun on each side. The minute one attacks the other, break it up bef someone gets hurt and try again many hours later. I expect you will need to do this for a good week - week and a half, maybe even 2 wks...it depends on just how jealous J is. But they will be friends eventually, it will just take time. For more bonding tips go to www.rabbit.org and look for the behavior link....I think that is where they have the bonding info.

Good luck! And congrat's on adopting Tyah.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Congrats on Tyah, Ash!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

She really is a cutie-pie!

Thanx everyone! Daisylover thank you for all the advice!

One question I have is Tyah and J share the same toys, should I wash Tyah's scent off of the toys before I switch them to J''s cage? And what should I wash them off with?

Also, Tyah's cage is not in the room where J free roams during the day, should I move it in there? And if yes, what happens if he bites her through the bars of her cage? Should I put the puppy pen up between J and Tyah's cage to keep him from biting her?

Ash

She`s soooo adorable!! I love her!!

I wouldn't wash off the toys. If you want him to get used to her scent, then I'd make sure everything was absolutely covered in her scent lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

oh Ash she's just wonderful. Of course you had to bring her home (tell me that store manager didn't know what she was doing when she saw you walk up ) It's pictures and stories like this that make me want a bunny so badly I hurt.
    Laurie

Ibaker- We had been talking about how I wanted another bunny for abotu a week now, lol. And I told her I wanted to rescue a bunny and save a life. We were talking about Boo today and how it ended up we couldn't adopt her thats when she told us abotu Tyah.

Wolfsoul- I'm afried Julian won't play with his toys then?

Ash

Ash,

Tyah is a gorgeous little bunners!! I would never be able to resist that little sweetie!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...