Thread: lol!!!!

lol!!!!

i came across this article and HAD to laugh....

i love it when people who pretend for a living try to make sense in the real world..
    -------------------------------------------
    Depp: U.S. like 'Dumb Puppy'
    Sep 3, 10:00 AM EST

Associated Press

American actor Johnny Depp likened his native country to a "dumb puppy that has big teeth" in an interview published Wednesday, ridiculing Washington's confrontation with France, where he lives, over the war in Iraq.

The "Edward Scissorhands" and "Sleepy Hollow" star, who spends much of his time in the south of France with his companion, Vanessa Paradis, and their two small children, told the German magazine he couldn't see himself paying more than short visits to his Los Angeles residence in the present political climate.

"America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth — that can bite and hurt you, aggressive," Depp was quoted as saying.

Depp recalled that French fries were renamed "Freedom" fries in the House cafeteria on Capitol Hill at the height of U.S. anger over France's refusal to back the administration of President George W. Bush over the war in Iraq.

"Nothing made me happier than when I read that — grown men and grown women in positions of power in the United States government," Depp said. "I was ecstatic because they revealed themselves as idiots."

Depp said he wanted his two children, ages 1 and 4, to experience the United States "like it's a kind a toy — a broken toy maybe. Investigate a little bit, check it out, get this feeling and then get out."

---------------------------------------------

freedom of speech???? my earlobe!

in typical disenfranchised-famous-person fashion,
    he'll take good old american dollars for his work and bad mouth the country while he lives in overseas.....hehehehehehehehe...must have been a slow news day!!

plus, as my mom would say about the 'bohemian
    look' this guy strives for......."He looks like he smells....."
    Last edited by RICHARD; 09-03-2003 at 01:30 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Good points, Richard, but I have to agree with this:

Depp recalled that French fries were renamed "Freedom" fries in the House cafeteria on Capitol Hill at the height of U.S. anger over France's refusal to back the administration of President George W. Bush over the war in Iraq.
    "Nothing made me happier than when I read that — grown men and grown women in positions of power in the United States government," Depp said. "I was ecstatic because they revealed themselves as idiots."

Re: lol!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
    [B]

lol,
    we are agreeing more and more.....

STOP IT!!

so.... dressing up as a 'frankenstein' with scissors for hands makes you a genius??
    And why own a place in L.A. if it offends you so much???

The freedom fries thing was stupid....but you have to take it in the 'patriotic' vein that it was intended.....

i still order FRENCH FRIES........

-faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I know. We're getting along, and it scares me.

I can understand the patriotic vein, but I cannot excuse wasting valuable time and tax dollars to have that crap LEGISLATED. If you want to coin a phrase, cool, but to go to that level.

And, yes, Johnny Depp looks stinky. On a similar note, I've always thought Tiger Woods looks like he'd have bad breath.

What, Richard and Soledad agreeing on a political statement! Bartender, get me a drink!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

And it's not even Thursday!!!

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    What, Richard and Soledad agreeing on a political statement! Bartender, get me a drink!

name your poison!!!

yes, the legislation part was pretty foolish... here in california we are waiting to see if a bill is passed for giving 'undocumented' aliens a license...
    long story with alot of scary scenarios!!

lol at Tiger Woods.... my RBGF loved the Tiger!

that was pretty sad......role reversal...I was the one suffering........can you say GOLF WIDOW???

-faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Do you make girly drinks like Appletinis? Or will that threaten you masculinity?

Boy! this IS a day!

and yes, he DOES look stinky. Not sure about Tiger Woods breath though... what is it about him that makes you think he would??

and yes, freedom fries...
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Originally posted by Soledad
    Do you make girly drinks like Appletinis? Or will that threaten you masculinity?

there's nothing 'girly' about appletinis.....

alcohol does not discriminate!!!

i don't know about the TW breath...my problem was he took away the attention I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET
    on the weekend
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I don't know what it is. It's some inexplicable mystery of life. He looks like he's got stinky breath.

How funny! Perhaps he does!

Originally posted by Soledad
    I don't know what it is. It's some inexplicable mystery of life. He looks like he's got stinky breath.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

1. Johnny Dep - yes, he does look like he would stink probably like a dumb puppy - rolling around in unpleasant stuff.

2. Appletini's - mmmmm, the best

3. Leave Tiger alone - his breath does not smell and he plays
    absolutely awesome golf.

Re: Re: lol!!!!

Originally posted by RICHARD

i still order FRENCH FRIES........

Yes, eat them! The best way to get rid of them

OOPS!

Depp Clarifies Comments
    Sep 5, 9:39 AM EST

Associated Press

Johnny Depp said he intended no "anti-American sentiment" in comparing the nation to a dumb puppy and blamed news reports for misrepresenting his opinions.

Depp, star of the summer hit movie "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," apologized in a statement to those "who were offended, affected or hurt by this insanely twisted deformation of my words and intent." Stern, the German magazine that interviewed the actor, stood by its story.

Depp was quoted as saying that "America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth — that can bite and hurt you, aggressive."

In a statement Thursday, the 40-year-old actor complained that "the inaccurate and out of context misquote" was "virulently spreading in the news."

"Taken in context, what I was saying was that, compared to Europe, America is a very young country and we are still growing as a nation. It is a shame that the metaphor I used was taken so radically out of context and slung about irresponsibly by the news media," Depp said.

"There was no anti-American sentiment. In fact, it was just the opposite," he said. "I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful."

Stern magazine news editor Hans-Peter Junker said Friday that Depp's quotes were "not taken out of context."

"Stern regrets that Johnny Depp is being criticized for his outspoken remarks in his homeland," Junker said. "Stern stands by its account."

Depp spends much of his time in the south of France with his companion, Vanessa Paradis, and their two children. According to the Stern article, Depp said he couldn't see himself paying more than short visits to his Los Angeles residence in the present political climate.
    -------------------------

the cure for being taken out of context is not
    being put into (con)text!!!!

lolololololol
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.