Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Rosie's turn to go to the RB :*(

It's Rosie's turn to go to the RB :*(

As I am typing this, my mom is in her room, with Rosie's head on her lap, crying.

She's not eating, drinking or going outside and all of this just started today. She's been having a harder time breathing lately, due to the fluids around her heart, the Lasix just isn't working anymore. I told my mom to talk to the vet about upping the dosage and I told her that maybe Rosie's just not feeling well today, but you can see it in Rosie's eyes. She's ready to give up.

She said she doesn't know if she'll make it through the night, but she said if she does, she's bringing her to the vet tomorrow. Rosie is a 9.5 yr old Rottweiler.

DAMN IT

How sad. I wish her and you the best of luck.

Prayers on the way...I hope she has a peaceful night tonight and hopefully makes it through.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Thank you, magcpen and binka.

i am sorry for your mom and you.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I'm incredibly sorry. You'll be in my thoughts, and I wish you and your family the best of luck..
    -hugs-

We're very sorry to hear this, Rosie you are in our thoughts and prayers.......tom and katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I'm very sorry about Rosie... Keeping you, your mom, and Rosie in my prayers hoping everything works out. It's so hard..

I am so sorry

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Sorry to hear this.

How is Rosie doing this morning?
    I will keep her in my thoughts.

{{{HUGS}}}
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Any news? I feel terrible...I'm sorry

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Rosie is loved, and will always be a part of you. Remember that, and maybe letting go won't be quite as hard.

did she make it through the night. i hope she did, and i hope that she will get better. but if it is her time to go, just let her go; i bet she had a wonderful life.

*also i was wondering why it is called Rainbow Bridge? my dad asked me and i didn't know. I really haven't thought about it, so i'm asking all of you.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

::hugs::

I'm so sorry to hear this I hope she is ok, but do rember she has had the best life any pup could ask for and that you and your mom were wonderful to her ::hugs::

if you ever need to talk I'm only an Im away, Melony506 or you can pm me I know how hard it is to loose a dog.

::Hugs::
    Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, For all of your KIND words and thoughts and for being there.

**GOOD NEWS ABOUT ROSIE**

She is going to be okay!!!!!!!!!

We took her to the vet this morning at 7:30am and left 6 hours later. The vet had to work us in, which was very kind of them to do.

Anyway, she had blood work done and x-rays of her heart. Her heart looks fine and the bloodwork is not it's best but it's no where near bad. The vet even said it looks like she doesn't need the lasix, because he didn't see any fluid around her heart!!!!

Rosie is about 200 lbs. That could have been cause by hypo-thyroid disease, they are not sure yet, we will get the second blood test results on Tuesday. If that should be the case, she will immediately be put on medication to treat that. As for the having the hard time breathing, they believe her lungs are being restricted due to the fat.

Due to Rosie's obesity, she is now on a low-calorie diet and needs to lose 70 lbs. in order to survive. We will work our hardest to get her to lose that.

After 9.5 years, our Rosie is still going strong!

Once again, THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, for being so kind and for your prayers. Bless you all.