Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meow! Is your kitty a talker? Do you like it?

1. Eddie is a real talker. It is more of a "murp." He murps when he sees you, he murps if you don't see him. Sometimes I just hear him somewhere in the house murping.

I think it is sweet except when he did it at 3:30 in the morning. Don't know why. He stood at the bottom of the stairs and murped loud and long!

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Eddie is a real talker.

I think it is sweet except when he did it at 3:30 in the morning.
    Don't know why.
    He stood at the bottom of the stairs and
    murped loud and long!
    That's our Eddie!
    (Possibly he was trapped on the wrong side of HH -
    and was calling out for a safe passage pass??)

First Kat, Fred (RB; ) was raised from KittenHood by Casey (RB; ) - a German Shepherd.

Casey was taught to "speak" on command for a treat - which she enjoyed doing. Only problem was she had a problem with her Volume Control! It took at least 3 "speaks" before she got it toned down to less than a loud shout - and then got her treat.

That wasn't lost on lil Fred...
    Hmmmm... 3 shouts anna Dawg getz a snack... Gotta try dat...

ONLY Kat I ever saw that *sounded* like a dog in a Kat's Costume!
    When Fred wanted something (usually a *peek* in the fridge) ~
    she'd imitate Casey's "Beg" stance (up on her haunches, front paws bent down at the wrist),
    and rip out with 3 sharp mee-YIP Kat imitations of the only animal "voice" she knew - Casey's Bark!

We had the only Barking Kat in town!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    He murps when he sees you, he murps if you don't see him. Sometimes I just hear him somewhere in the house murping.
    That is sweet. I could tell he was a talker when he was here, because I'd call for him and he'd answer. He wouldn't come to me, but he'd answer. I'd call, he'd answer, I'd call, he'd answer, I'd call.....you get the idea. Finally I got up off the chair and went to him. Which maybe explains the murping at the bottom of the stairs at 3:30 am - he wanted you to come to him.

However, and this is a biiig however enjoy the murping at the bottom of the stairs while you can. Before he gets old and those cute little murps turn into the dreaded
    y-y-y-e-ee-o-o-oo-o-oo-wwww-l-l-lllll at the bottom of the stairs every night. The only good news is they usually occur between 10:00 and 10:30 at night, instead of 3:30 am, but they are so sorrowful sounding, and so "lost" sounding that they're just heart wrenching - which one certainly doesn't need right as one is trying to fall asleep.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    We had the only Barking Kat in town!
    How cute! What a great pair they must have made.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

George scolds me when I return from work. How dare I leave him !!

Our Tigs is the only real vocal kitty we have but he makes enough noise for 6 cats.

Tigs chirps and murps and murmers and meiows all day. He also shouts from the bottom of the stairs but if we call him, he runs up for cuddles.

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    That wasn't lost on lil Fred...
    Hmmmm... 3 shouts anna Dawg getz a snack... Gotta try dat...
    Smart smart kitty Fred! Fun story, Cinder & Smoke!

I love talking kitties of all sorts. My cat Murf (RB) was named for the Mrrrrrrrrrr noise he made. When I went to the Humane Society to adopt my very first cat, he talked to me from the moment he saw me. The adoption lady said "He's telling you that he's going home with you". Who am I to doubt the word of a cat????

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Thanks for all the news and views on kittycat mews! It never ceases to amaze me how an eight-pound creature can be so full of soul and character and provide such an endless supply of companionship...
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

draggig toys

Meow all!!! My orange tabby corbyn has this orange feather on a 3ft plastic stick which he loves!! during the nite he starts in with his talking (saying lets play mommy) well my husband and I just lie in bed waiting..... about a minute later here comes corbyn dragging this feather up the stairs into our bedroom and up onto our bed and lies it between us. He wants to play and will meow up a storm until you at lease acknowledge him.Then watch out!! the first time corbyn did this my husband thought corbyn was giving him the feather to play with mommy(hahahaha).but we found out that it is corbyn toy and corbyns alone!!! but yes he can talk all most as much as I can. sometimes him and I will talk back and forth. I'll ask for kisses and believe it or not he gives me kisses all most better than my husband Just don't tell him that.
    PURR PURR. Cats are God's gift of love to his children. A gift of love and companianship to remind us that he is always with us. PURR PURR